Weapons Challenges do no work

Comments

• any news on what term to expect the next update? Hate not to see progress on the challenges... especially when you are sure you already got m
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited November 2015
    Today, not sure if that includes the weapon challenge fix though but I'd guess so.
  • -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 83Moderator
    there were several fixes put in with todays update... im not sure if they got them all, but they are working on it. please report any additional info you may have so they can get it locked down.
    test-tag.jpg
  • Went into the shoot house, got GOLD on the shotgun, twice, but says the scores time out, and it didn't record it (I don't think). ???
  • mr.greymr.grey Posts: 3Player
    mr.grey wrote: »
    not sure if my problem is related: weapon progress works (until elite), achievements are granted; but shoot house medals don't register (loading timed out) for most weapons. in rare cases the ranking list is shown immediately, but for two or three weapons only (m4a1, m24, not sure if there is a third one)

after patch it works much better, thank you very much.
    few problems remain: once i could not shoot the m249, but results have been uploaded prior and after that glitch. only 870mcs and m67 refuse to upload (loading timed out)
  • NtO_Professor.NtO_Professor. Posts: 8Player
    Hello guys... Before the last update 19/11, my weapon challenge did not appear on f1 menu,I'm doing Elite Challenge for the third time, I'm trying to unlock OCP skin of m4A1. With the new update, it's fixed and my kills, deadyead and golden hawkeye appears on screen, but my numbers of kills stuck on 885, I'm sure I got more than 900 kill, everytime I start a new match it backs at 885... It's happening only to me? Anyone else? I'm afraid it's stuck on 885 and maybe I'm wasting time using m4a1.
    TY guys.
  • I just left a JFK server, recorded a couple kills to see if anything changed when i hit F1, it did not.
    Earlier I was playing the new map in the M*A*S*H server, played two full maps, recorded...idk, 20 kills? And still no change when I hit F1. Tried going to the shoot house, I went gold twice on the shottie, no update.

IDK..... what's the story?
  • Okay @BUZZ_liteBeer , and anyone else having this same issue that we are having. I have been working with @|PhilBax| and he seemed to have narrowed down the issue. I fixed it on my end by doing these instructions THAT HE DOES NOT RECOMMEND, so if your problems persist submit a support ticket and be patient.

Open Control Panel>Network and internet>INTERNET OPTIONS>Go to the advanced tab and scroll down until you see use TLS 1.0 make sure its selected!

I do not know if they can fix this issue on their end or not but for the meantime this worked for me.

Happy Gaming, ShemmyShemmy
  • so, why wold that muck it up? and why doesn't he recommend it?..
  • so, why wold that muck it up? and why doesn't he recommend it?..

because its a fix we found on google. wasnt meant for this game. so for liability issues he said he doesnt recommend it but its worth a shot
  • UPDATE: I have assisted @BUZZ_liteBeer on the same issue i was having. so 2/2 on the weapon challenge fix. If your Still having trouble with you weapon challenges please check these settings.
  • Yes, shemmy was a huge help and his suggestion was the complete fix and might be what hampers others as well.

Thanks to all who posted and assisted as well. WEAPONS CHALLENGES, WORK!
  • will check tonight if the game finally accepts my gold medals in shoothouse, but does anyone have the update notes?
  • mr.greymr.grey Posts: 3Player
    not sure if my problem is related: weapon progress works (until elite), achievements are granted; but shoot house medals don't register (loading timed out) for most weapons. in rare cases the ranking list is shown immediately, but for two or three weapons only (m4a1, m24, not sure if there is a third one)

few problems remain: once i could not shoot the m249, but results have been uploaded prior and after that glitch. only 870mcs and m67 refuse to upload (loading timed out)

update: simply replaying challenge (after 'loading timed out') some times did the trick.

tls 1.0 was already ticked,
    @[TMF]ShemHamFerash : was the suggestion meant as downgrade from tls 1.1/.2?
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    .13Flixxer wrote: »
    will check tonight if the game finally accepts my gold medals in shoothouse, but does anyone have the update notes?

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/3890/game-update-11-19-2015/p1
  • PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 43Developer
    edited November 2015
    We're looking at a few different options that may fix the issue (one internal, and one would be a client update). Hopefully we'll know more for sure on Monday when one of our network guys gets back in.

In the meantime, the TLS 1.0 checkbox should work for now. Alternatively, if you have an SSL 3.0 option and it's unchecked, I'd recommend trying that.
  • [TMF]ShemHamFerash[TMF]ShemHamFerash Posts: 16Player
    edited November 2015

update: simply replaying challenge (after 'loading timed out') some times did the trick.

tls 1.0 was already ticked,
    @[TMF]ShemHamFerash : was the suggestion meant as downgrade from tls 1.1/.2?

I have all the TLS Options checked now.
    I was looking into TLS 1.0 a little more since im not very familiar TLS Stands for Tranport layer Security and it would seem that this does indeed downgrade the connection to SSL 3.0 (SSL & TLS are commonly referred to as the same thing) which weakens security so do this at your own risk. at least thats what i got from it. I'm sure like Baxter said they will try and figure out some sort of update for this.

If anyone needs any further help post here or message me directly and i will do what i can to get back with you and possibly assist in any issues.

Have a great weekend
    Shemmy
  • -Turrican--Turrican- Posts: 55Player
    i have those boxes checked. Unfortunately all my weapon challenges are still shown as Novice I and start at 0/15.

I occasionally get messages that I completed a challenge so they do work for me. They are not displayed correctly though and I have no idea what I have to do to complete them.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Got my Golden Hawkeye to finish my M4 Elite today on ~OC~ East Coast server and it didn't record? I thought weapon achievements were fixed?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    shotgun weapon challenge not working finished the 35/35 went to the shoot house thing

Completed shoothouse 2 OR 3 times and got gold and its still telling me to complete the shoothouse and it shows 1/1 bronze or higher.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.