Game Update 11-19-2015

Comments

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited November 2015
    "InFOCS wrote:
    .Scroton;26197"]Hello guys, first...nice job with this update, I like new map and the work u did on the audio.

As other players say, audio is better speaking about understand direction and distance BUT is really too hard now hear footsteps.
    I'm playng with 7.1 and also trying 1000 settings there is no way to fix this. I agree that before this update the footsteps level and the gun sound was maybe too high, but now is the opposite!
    With or withou equalizer (i've never used it and I DON'T wanna use it) things are the same...just sound level powered up.

In my opinion should be good increase a little bit the footsteps level to consider this update PERFECT.

+1

plus your own footsteps are a bit distant, as if its not coming from your feet but from below the floor you are walking on. (maybe its the reverb that someone else was talking about but not sure if there is really reverb on the sound)

- 3D sound perfectly adjusted for directional sound and different environments (i.e you can hear ppl clearly walking upper gallery in inner when you stand in lower gallery but you can NOT hear as good as from upper gallery if ppl are moving in lower gallery, which is really perfect IMO)
    - footsteps a bit louder
    - gun sounds just a bit lower

as topping would be amazing if we can also hear the difference between tactical walk and normal walk from our own perspective. I know for others there is a huge difference.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited November 2015
    I agree on the footsteps being too quiet.. the happy place would be somewhere in between now and before patch.. I too tried playing with my eq. but doesn't help... just changes the sound of everything else.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Much better sounds, z axis addition works, and nice frenetic new map!!
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    Overall the sound as a whole now works better, because of the positioning. Sounds volumes are somewhat odd, like the footsteps. Did not like having to download 2.7 gb of data (i thought updates were going to be smaller in size as it was said a while ago, perhaps because of uncompressed maps?).
    Derob6.jpg
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 172Player
    edited November 2015
    thanks for the update and the nice changelog.

did you also fix the Problem with the ingame voice chat not working with more then 1 server and same ip address? if not, please do not forget to fix that also.

thanks again, nice job
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    The reverb from your pawn when moving is out of control. Its so loud. Did you increase this on purpose?

I dont know why i need to hear myself 3 different ways when around walls.

I agree with Hyper here. I have what seems like a ghost footstep when i walk and stop. I will stop walking then ill hear another step like someone is next to me.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Koden wrote: »
    I agree with Hyper here. I have what seems like a ghost footstep when i walk and stop. I will stop walking then ill hear another step like someone is next to me.
    I've also noticed this. I will say it's made me much better about checking for people sneaking up from behind.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited November 2015
    Where did that Sound thread go?

@Soundy .. as you should be the expert... Im reading online that generally footsteps fall under the ~250hz frequency range.. which also happens to be the Bass range no?... So if Im playing around with my EQ. this is the range I would start to increase for clearer footsteps.

I watched a cool video of a guy playing CS split screen with an equalizer on the other half, he performed various actions to see which action triggers which frequency.. something like that would be awesome.. knowing which action affects which frequency level would lead to some great eq. settings

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    Soundy wrote: »
    Take advantage of the "darkness." It will help you.

I'll give it a try.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    I've also noticed this. I will say it's made me much better about checking for people sneaking up from behind.

Feel the same, took me almost a minute trying to find that guy running below me in bakery until I figured out it's my own steps..
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015
    The reverb from your pawn when moving is out of control. Its so loud. Did you increase this on purpose?

I dont know why i need to hear myself 3 different ways when around walls.

SSKnecabo wrote: »

Feel the same, took me almost a minute trying to find that guy running below me in bakery until I figured out it's my own steps..

Yah it's very annoying that when you are running the way you hear yourself it sounds like there is any enemy coming from that direction, don't like it.

I also think the footsteps are too quiet.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Where did that Sound thread go?

@Soundy .. as you should be the expert... Im reading online that generally footsteps fall under the ~250hz frequency range.. which also happens to be the Bass range no?... So if Im playing around with my EQ. this is the range I would start to increase for clearer footsteps.

I watched a cool video of a guy playing CS split screen with an equalizer on the other half, he performed various actions to see which action triggers which frequency.. something like that would be awesome.. knowing which action affects which frequency level would lead to some great eq. settings

Doba ill send you a pm.

I can confirm some stuff for public eye, 125hz/250hz is footsteps. 2k and 4k is gun fire. Rest of the frequencys don't mess with footsteps and gunfire as much as those ones. I will add this too bassy footsteps are bad on good headphones and mid tier headphones, but is usually ok on cheap headphones..
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    I'm definitely liking the new audio's improved directional accuracy. I'll agree that footsteps seem quieter, but it seems like I'm able to hear just fine since the volume seems to taper off much more smoothly at increasing distance. (Rather than being LOUD.......LOUD.......nothing...) I haven't noticed the "ghost footstep" yet, but I've only been able to play for a few minutes so far, so this is just my initial impression. My opinions may change lol...
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Ghost footstep is still there its just much further now.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    I kept hearing myself and thinking it was someone else, too. :D
  • [BR]-djtal[BR]-djtal Posts: 22Player
    i normally come in here to whine about this and that but this time i come here to congrats the devs,great job with the sound and the new map as well,at first it looks like a sniper map but u can definitely run and gun on it when u know where u going....
    I just had a guy sneak up behind me. I turn around and there's a dude standing there and I die. lel

He had to climb up a ladder and then walk a ways to hear me, and I heard absolutely nothing. I also had it - on the same map, Checkout - where I could tell what direction he was coming from, but I was given zero indication as to how close he was (on some stairs). So I go to throw a flash and just get shot because, lo and behold, he's very close.

Still completely unimpressed.
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    I just had a guy sneak up behind me. I turn around and there's a dude standing there and I die. lel

He had to climb up a ladder and then walk a ways to hear me, and I heard absolutely nothing. I also had it - on the same map, Checkout - where I could tell what direction he was coming from, but I was given zero indication as to how close he was (on some stairs). So I go to throw a flash and just get shot because, lo and behold, he's very close.

Still completely unimpressed.

I heard a guy behind me, I turned around killed him(I wasn't moving) .
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • SoundySoundy Posts: 87Developer
    edited November 2015
    Guns are loud. Footsteps are quiet... well because... in combat guns are loud and footsteps are quiet. Don't expect to hear footsteps constantly if you're in a hot section of an AO, or you are in transition.

Treat audio like a jet evading radar. Minimize your signature. Stay low. Maximize your stealth. Work together. If you do, people who "Rambo" will stick out like a sore thumb. The U.S. Army doesn't "Rambo." They work as a team.
    Guns are loud. Footsteps are quiet... well because... in combat guns are loud and footsteps are quiet. Don't expect to hear footsteps constantly if you're in a hot section of an AO, or you are in transition.

Treat audio like a jet evading radar. Minimize your signature. Stay low. Maximize your stealth. Work together. If you do, people who "Rambo" will stick out like a sore thumb. The U.S. Army doesn't "Rambo." They work as a team.
    There wasn't much noise around me. And the footsteps aren't just "quiet", a lot of times I hear literally nothing.

I hate to sound so critical but I just can't stand the sound.
  • SoundySoundy Posts: 87Developer

There wasn't much noise around me. And the footsteps aren't just "quiet", a lot of times I hear literally nothing.

I hate to sound so critical but I just can't stand the sound.

Thanks for your feedback. Thanks for playing.