Game Update 11-19-2015

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Soundy wrote: »
    As sounds get further away from you, they have less high frequencies, just as they would in real life. It helps give you an indication of distance.
    Just out of curiosity, is this something you've added specifically, or is it an emergent property of how sound propagation is modeled now?
  • i9.liquidi9.liquid Posts: 21Player
    edited November 2015
    FunPolice wrote: »
    * Earned weapon skins should now appear immediately without the player having to cycle optics, grenades, etc.

This still appears to not be fixed, at least for the chainlink skin on the m4

Edit: I still have to cycle optics for skin to show up.
  • truonetruone Posts: 31Player
    FunPolice wrote: »
    * Shoot house achievements are now awarded and reported correctly to the database and the webpage

Still doesn't work. Or maybe one has to get an achievement again for it to work. I can see them in my Steam profile but not on my webpage stats.

• SoundySoundy Posts: 87Developer
    edited November 2015
    Saccho wrote: »
    As sounds get further away from you, they have less high frequencies, just as they would in real life. It helps give you an indication of distance.
    Just out of curiosity, is this something you've added specifically, or is it an emergent property of how sound propagation is modeled now?

Great question. We have worked with low pass filtering in the past in beta releases with great success.

We have added and removed it. When we removed it, we had more complaints about the inability to tell distance. Players saying "NME's sound like they are right next to me and there is no one in the room with me."

We added it back and so far I have received compliments on the ability to detect moving sounds better, both in internal testing and throughout today's release so far.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Sweet,d downloading the update now! :D

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • =[QA]=Rain=[QA]=Rain Posts: 2Player
    aagame.exe dot work
  • =[QA]=Rain=[QA]=Rain Posts: 2Player
    dont start the game
    Sweet,d downloading the update now! :D

Get some!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015
    I went back to old settings (settings I was using prior to patch) instead of trying to figure out an eq to make footsteps louder and I am liking the sound :) My biggest issue was messing around with stuff on the new map where I don't know anything :open_mouth:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited November 2015
    I went back to old settings (settings I was using prior to patch) instead of trying to figure out an eq to make footsteps louder and I am liking the sound :) My biggest issue was messing around with stuff on the new map where I don't know anything :open_mouth:

Im glad you found some settings on your rig that work well for you!

As far as the new map... arcade is all you need to know.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Overall, I'm liking the sound, but I agree with Colts, footsteps could use a boost. I've seen guys sneak up on the side of me with a normal walking speed and I had no idea they were there until they started firing. Not much background noise or anything to mask them either.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Thanks for the update guys! Here are a few notes:

1- I still have to cycle optics/grenades in order to see my skin
    2- I'm liking the sound overall (thanks @Soundy ). Having said that, my initial thoughts are that the footsteps are too quiet now. Maybe they were too loud before and I need to get used to it but they seem to be way too muffled out.
    3- Some "bugs" are still present but i will rant in a different discussion where it's appropriate

ss_4_AliGator...png

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015

in the arcade room I don't seem to hear enemy footsteps is that intended? I've only went in there 5 or so times. Curious if anyone else notice this?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited November 2015

in the arcade room I don't seem to hear enemy footsteps is that intended? I've only went in there 5 or so times. Curious if anyone else notice this?

Well It's carpet. All carpet footsteps are kind of carpet....ey quiet. Plus the arcade game sounds. It's supposed to be a... eh... high risk environment.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    edited November 2015
    The reverb from your pawn when moving is out of control. Its so loud. Did you increase this on purpose?

I dont know why i need to hear myself 3 different ways when around walls.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    The sound seems the same or marginally better than before, but, on my PC, at least, it's still a far cry from beta. Footsteps are still too quiet at times.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Yes please, we all want the beta sound back.. Just kidding, good work on the sound. Also like the sound level adjustments. Those previous accross the map sounds were a little too much.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I don't know if it's just me but I can still hear pins getting pulled from long distances.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Me too but from playing a few rounds yesterday I can tell that a lot of people don't :D
  • Hello guys, first...nice job with this update, I like new map and the work u did on the audio.

As other players say, audio is better speaking about understand direction and distance BUT is really too hard now hear footsteps.
    I'm playng with 7.1 and also trying 1000 settings there is no way to fix this. I agree that before this update the footsteps level and the gun sound was maybe too high, but now is the opposite!
    With or withou equalizer (i've never used it and I DON'T wanna use it) things are the same...just sound level powered up.

In my opinion should be good increase a little bit the footsteps level to consider this update PERFECT.