Frames dropping to 0 every 5 to 10 seconds.

=IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
edited October 2015 in Game Support
I've been dealing with this for the past 2 weeks or so, where my framerate will drop to 0 every 5 to 10 seconds for no real reason.

If I delete/uninstall AA then redownload/reinstall it, the game works fine for about 7 to 10 matches worth of game play then it starts doing it again and I have to reinstall again.

I've tried:

Updating video drivers
Deleting AA folder in my documents
Unsubscribing from all old UMMs
Deleting the user made maps in CookedPC in the steam folder(and deleting the entire UMM folder itself)
Manually updating punkbuster
Verifying integrity of game cache
Changing video settings in-game

Nothing fixes it other than deleting the game and redownloading, and again that only lasts for between 7 and 10 matches before it starts again.

No other game I play has this issue(even games more taxing than AA), so it's not an issue with my computer/graphics card/etc.

I thought maybe the user made maps were causing the issue as a lot of people said they were having problems with them in different ways, so I avoided downloading any custom maps/playing on any servers with custom maps, yet still this problem persists.

Any ideas?

Comments

• thek!ngthek!ng Posts: 14Player
    Playing full screen or FSwindow?
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    Full screen.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,130Beta Tester
    What are your system specs?
    What are your system specs?

ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX
    AMD FX-4100
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 series
    8 Gigs of ram
    Windows 7
  • W!ck3dW!ck3d Posts: 36Player
    I believe the "Released Version" of the game is having some serious issues...I've found multiple just hang in there, your not the only one just way for a 1.1V of the game to be released! But IMO 6800 isn't the very best GPU!
    I believe the "Released Version" of the game is having some serious issues...I've found multiple just hang in there, your not the only one just way for a 1.1V of the game to be released! But IMO 6800 isn't the very best GPU!

It's not, it was released 5 years ago, but I can still play the vast majority of games with solid framerates, and it's never had any issues with playing AA.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,140Player
    I was getting really bad frame rate issues. It ended up being cooling issues. Speedfan was putting my CPU temperature at extremely high temps even at idle. I had to clean out my CPU fan and reapply thermal paste. I haven't had any issues since.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I was getting really bad frame rate issues. It ended up being cooling issues. Speedfan was putting my CPU temperature at extremely high temps even at idle. I had to clean out my CPU fan and reapply thermal paste. I haven't had any issues since.

Yeah, thought about that(even though it'd have been kinda weird to only start acting up several matches/days in to the reinstall) checked my temps while AA was playing and they're running normal/not overheating.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Do any of your other programs feel more sluggish at all? I had similar before a hard drive failure. It's not very likely to be your issue but I like reminding people to keep backups :smiley:
    Nope, everything else runs smooth. And yeah I keep my important files backed up, learned to do that the hard way.
  • CurtixCurtix Posts: 30Player
    I have this same issue.

I can play about an hour or so without any issues then suddenly the game will start to stutter very badly and the frames will go very very low. I mean really low.
    Today I tested it and three times I loaded a demo map and then just left to go run errands. When I returned, all three times it was sitting at 14FPS and after about 4 seconds would drop to 0 and then back to 14. It would just keep doing that over and over again.

System specs are as follows;
    X99 Deluxe
    16GB Quad X4 RAM
    2- 512GB SSD in Raid 0 (system and install drive)
    GTX 980 Ti Hybrid

So... I'm thinking its not a matter of horsepower???

I dumped the game so I do have a dmp file from when this was happening.