Forum Design Suggestions

Comments

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    I access the forum only on my iphone. And when i "mark all viewed" posts, the background turnes to white and the text remains white. This contrast i impossible. Generally the white background is not pleasant. Hopefully it's not just to me.
  • HilabusterHilabuster Posts: 41Player
    I see that you have installed the tapatalk plug-in. When I try to log into the forums it says "failed to process xml data due to unknown error". Just wanted to let you know that the plug-in is not working correctly. Great progress though. I'm liking the look of the mobile site.

Yes, I am testing tapatalk however, the plugin does not appear to understand the SSO login so for now its a read only implementation.
    I access the forum only on my iphone. And when i "mark all viewed" posts, the background turnes to white and the text remains white. This contrast i impossible. Generally the white background is not pleasant. Hopefully it's not just to me.

I will look into that. Thanks. The mobile theme is in need of some serious attention.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Grey and yellow is much better now, thanks...

Quote is also not working, it just fills in "null"...
    I believe that quotes my not be supported by the mobile system. I will investigate farther.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited April 2015
    Quoted text and it's background much better.

Thanks.

I still think the Logo needs some work (and color).
    googley avatar aapg

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Great for tapatalk addition!!, hope you can work around that login thing...
  • omerta`jeeomerta`jee Posts: 54Player
    Why has my name not updated? I first changed it to o`jee last week. A day later I switched it to omerta`jee and it has yet to update on the forum.
    o`jee wrote: »
    Why has my name not updated? I first changed it to o`jee last week. A day later I switched it to omerta`jee and it has yet to update on the forum.

Sorry, but once you create an account with a specific name then I'm pretty sure you cannot change it unless you open a new account with the other name which is probably against the rules.

Maybe you can message a forum moderator to change it for you.
    googley avatar aapg

Sorry, we haven't covered this much but if you change you name on the main site it does not automatically update the forum. You can sync your name change by logging out of the forum and logging back in. I am looking at a method that will log you out of the forum if you change your soldier name.
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    o`jee wrote: »
    Sorry, but once you create an account with a specific name then I'm pretty sure you cannot change it unless you open a new account with the other name which is probably against the rules.
    This is incorrect. It use to be that way with the old forums. Now with the new forums, the name is linked to your in game account, so it should always be matched to your username (hence why I brought this up).

@Hilabuster: Thank you for looking into this. I'll re-login for now.

I'm browsing the forums with an 8 inch tablet, ATM, and they look fine without using the Tapatalk app. Just a little FWI.
    googley avatar aapg

I'm browsing the forums with an 8 inch tablet, ATM, and they look fine without using the Tapatalk app. Just a little FWI.

I dont think you understand what I meant. Or maybe it looks fine to you now because I logged out and logged back in.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015
    Simple HTML code doesn't work anymore, so I can't enfore double linebreaks.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    please give the forum main page and subforum pages the same treatment as thread page.
    -
    by that i mean in a thread 'each post is given the lighter grey color' to help distinguish itself from the background. also a tiny bit of spacing between them.
    -
    do this with each subforum listed on the main page, and each thread/sticky/announcement listed on the subforum pages.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    bug: the website footer (strip at bottom of website with copyright) this part of the webpage overlaps any info trying to be displayed down there. sometimes you can overcome this bug by viewing pages in full screen. sometimes not. example of stuff being overlapped out of visibility is the new "online now" list as well as the general stats showing up ( total views/users/topics/post count, etc)

edited April 2015
    omerta`jee wrote: »

I dont think you understand what I meant. Or maybe it looks fine to you now because I logged out and logged back in.

I was talking about the forums "in general" to the devs and other users. Not you or your other reply specifically. Just a simple misunderstanding. :)
    googley avatar aapg

edited April 2015
    bug: the website footer (strip at bottom of website with copyright) this part of the webpage overlaps any info trying to be displayed down there. sometimes you can overcome this bug by viewing pages in full screen. sometimes not. example of stuff being overlapped out of visibility is the new "online now" list as well as the general stats showing up ( total views/users/topics/post count, etc)

Thanks,

I am aware of these issues, I just turned these plugins on so that I can see what issues they cause in a live site.

Also, I feel I should reiterate that this theme is a temporary theme. It is something we grabbed from vanilla's addons that looked decent enough to use while we finish building our own theme. Some of our design concepts may be based on this theme but we really wanted to see the forum in the live and work out our plugins and see what people like. So, we will have a more polished theme that hopefully incorporates some of the community's input and meets our needs while making you guys happy.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Is there someway to show just developer posts. Like on the old forums?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

This discussion has been closed.