Lady Soldiers?

My wife and a lot of my friends are women who play this game. I have heard them express a desire to have female skin soldier as they are tired of looking like men in the game. I was wondering if there are any plans to include female skins for soldiers in the game. Since women are now serving in the real army, I think it would be appropriate. :p

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    "I Think they need to first get a punk buster update out before worrying about more skins."

This guy never disappoints, you just gotta know what to search for. Hint: something, something punk, something, something buster.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015
    I am ok with Face being female but soldier size wise needs to be the same as the male or else it creates unfairness and everyone would just use a female skin so they can be smaller and hide in areas better. etc..
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    edited November 2015
    I'm an evil sexist who doesn't think women should be in combat, so this would actually kill the game for me. But I don't think most people share my belief so I doubt the devs care. :D
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    I like in AA3 early on you could pick race & style in settings.

We had the black knights & white nights... you don't know fear till you see 12 Anderson Coopers running at you with guns. Does anyone remember when the NME ( AA3 ) had normal heads?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,014Moderator
    I am ok with Face being female but soldier size wise needs to be the same as the male or else it creates unfairness and everyone would just use a female skin so they can be smaller and hide in areas better. etc..
    Or the could be so short that they cant shoot over the object they hide behind, pros and cons.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I would surely appreciate it (training to enlist in the army right now). Women serve too, and if this wasn't an official game, I wouldn't say it is all that important but it is an official game meant for recruiting and educational purposes. And the last time I checked, women were in the U.S military.

If they add women and then make differences, there should be cons as well as pros. Still, they should fix core parts of the game before adding to it. And even before adding female avatars I would sure appreciate an update on the Linux build I read about so long ago...
    I'm an evil sexist who doesn't think women should be in combat, so this would actually kill the game for me. But I don't think most people share my belief so I doubt the devs care. :D

It is only sexist if you think that way just because their women. If you have logical reasons, like they can't carry the same weight as their male counterparts for example, it isn't sexism it is reality. However, that doesn't mean there aren't women out there entirely capable of the job.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 500Player
    It is only sexist if you think that way just because their women. If you have logical reasons, like they can't carry the same weight as their male counterparts for example, it isn't sexism it is reality. However, that doesn't mean there aren't women out there entirely capable of the job.
    I'm against it for both moral reasons and practical reasons.
    I'm against it for both moral reasons and practical reasons.

Moral reasons? And what could that be and how could it not also apply to men?
    frankof wrote: »
    Or the could be so short that they cant shoot over the object they hide behind, pros and cons.

No supported position? I'm totally in then if they remove male soldiers.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,014Moderator
    I would surely appreciate it (training to enlist in the army right now). Women serve too, and if this wasn't an official game, I wouldn't say it is all that important but it is an official game meant for recruiting and educational purposes. And the last time I checked, women were in the U.S military.

If they add women and then make differences, there should be cons as well as pros. Still, they should fix core parts of the game before adding to it. And even before adding female avatars I would sure appreciate an update on the Linux build I read about so long ago...
    Women serve in the army in almost every position, but last time i checked, the roles portrayed in this game is/was not open for female soldiers.
    http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/combat.AR-both.html
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We are not getting into the 'women in combat roles' debate here.

To the OP, maybe eventually.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    edited November 2015
    Very few women play here, let them get a female avatar.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    +1 on female avatars. Back in early AA2 times there were a lot less female gamers playing fps.. great improvement
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    i have told my girlfriend that i play and chat with just guys. if she see soldiers with breasts my gaming days are over ;-)
    On a serious note why not. as long as they same size as male to keep fairness.
    +1
  • Viking[IMAGE]Viking[IMAGE] Posts: 13Player
    Visibility and hitbox size are really the issue. In other games where hitbox size matched character model size, you definitely see players choosing a smaller character model to make themselves harder to hit. I could definitely see that being a problem here too.

BUT that same problem would exist if we were allowed to customize our male-bodies characters. There's no representation in game of the differences between 5'8" and 6'5" regardless of gender. I have zero problem with women in the military or with female characters in the game. I just don't want to see their introduction bring an exploitable difference in hitboxes.
    Yes, face hitboxes are really tricky. Don't mess with those please.
    frankof wrote: »

Women serve in the army in almost every position, but last time i checked, the roles portrayed in this game is/was not open for female soldiers.
    http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/combat.AR-both.html

True, but the military is opening combat to women. There are many combat roles open to them at the moment, and by the end of FY even more will be open to them. I hadn't meant to start a debate (sorry FunPolice), but just thought that since this is a recruitment game, shouldn't that include women (my reason for wishing for female avatars basically)?

I'd still like to see female avatars in the game for us, especially for potential female soldiers who find this game and associate with it. And "maybe eventually" is better than a definite no! :)
  • =IK=montana!=IK=montana! Posts: 34Player
    Since I appear to be the first female, that plays, to chime in on this one....

Personally, I have no desire to be a female in this particular game. I don't see any need for it. I can't speak for all of us but that is me. The only factor up until now that makes me lean slightly the other way is reading comments like this....

C'mon dude, it would "ruin the game for you"? Of all the things that would destroy your desire to play the game, this is THE ONE??? Alright, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

*How bout you add them but make sure they are very "curvaceous" an the uniforms are extra tight. That will silence half the naysayers and repulse the other half enough that they will uninstall. No?

*this is a joke, not intended as an actual suggestion...
    edited November 2015
    I'm a female too and whilst I don't find it necessary for the game, I would personally think it neat if we were represented in the game as well, since this is an official education/recruitment game. Still, I certainly wouldn't stop playing because I didn't have a female avatar to play as...and I hope other female players feel the same, and that the potential addition of won't deter too many players away.