Weapons Challenges do no work

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    here's a screen shot of what it looks like when I hit F1. No progress or updates..

what's the solution?..

where?
  • -Turrican--Turrican- Posts: 55Player
    All my challenges are still displayed as novice I on most servers. On two servers so far they showed the actual progress. I do not know what I have to do to complete a challenge because the display doesn't work for me.
  • ^AWA^Tesku^AWA^Tesku Posts: 21Player
    When I click on the M16 gun, it shows my M4 weapon progress. It completely skips the m16 weapon progress. The other weapon progress screens are fine.
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    Late weapon challenges are bugged on display. You don't see them or when you switch a gun and switch back to it it shows the old weapon challenge progress. Also, you have to update the weapon in order to see the skin equiped (for the m4 - the actual spawn weapon - you have to switch weapons and back to it, or switch scopes). But don't worry, even if you don't see the progress, it does count everything you do. Just keep an eye on your weapon garage if you unlocked the skin (however you will see by an achievment when you finished the challenge).

Here is a ss to help you know what you gotta do for each challenge: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524543879

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited November 2015
    Use your IRON SIGHTS.... watch you play and it's never IRON SIGHTS, you have to use IRON. :) and MIn HUD as well... turn off everything but activity feed...( only on maps you know well ) sweet goodness, love it.

But serious takes IRON SIGHTS to rank up.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• i as well am having these weapon challenge issues. nothing works at all they all show 0/0 with no challenges listed have done 3 installs and no help from support.....i already tried deleting my local files as well. -.-
  • [TMF]ShemHamFerash[TMF]ShemHamFerash Posts: 16Player
    edited November 2015
  • ShemHam, that is exactly what displays when I hit F1 and what I tried
    to post as a screen shot. No progress, i'm now
    a SPCIII, but can't do my weapons challenges. Frustrating.
    edited November 2015
    You're playing on a modified server with all slots open... ARMY wants you to learn and earn all modified servers are less points and challenges do not work.. duh.

********Bam4D********

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    You're playing on a modified server with all slots open... ARMY wants you to learn and earn all modified servers are less points and challenges do not work.. duh.

Plus all slots open sucks for balance.. makes for boring game play style.

I think this is the first Bam post I really like. Unlimited weapon slots is one of worst server settings I can think of.
  • mr.greymr.grey Posts: 3Player
    not sure if my problem is related: weapon progress works (until elite), achievements are granted; but shoot house medals don't register (loading timed out) for most weapons. in rare cases the ranking list is shown immediately, but for two or three weapons only (m4a1, m24, not sure if there is a third one)
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Plus all slots open sucks for balance.. makes for boring game play style.

I think this is the first Bam post I really like. Unlimited weapon slots is one of worst server settings I can think of.

its fun when the other team has 5 snipers in a 6v6 on red line though! As long as it is not your team, easy win. lol.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• [TMF]ShemHamFerash[TMF]ShemHamFerash Posts: 16Player
    edited November 2015
    this is what i see
    http://postimg.org/image/8yn2dbkw3/

it does this even on official servers.... -.- smh

• Bam4D wrote: »

I have played on all kinds of servers, Ord, Jfk, 3rd ID, TPA, all of them, no progress.
  • Bam4D wrote: »

I have played on all kinds of servers, Ord, Jfk, 3rd ID, TPA, all of them, no progress.

official
    http://postimg.org/image/dntk1jocp/
    edited November 2015

All of those have modified server files... 3rdID gives away scopes... TPA 25 rounds... play on an official with iron sites... make sure you do the shoot house needs as well first.

I'm always a 1/3 or 1/2 less points on modified servers... they should take out all that stuff, just because you can paste it doesn't mean you should do it. o:)

Play the ARMY way, a lot of work went into this product the devs should remove the server admin paste in a bypass so there is no earn and learn trials. Felt very good getting my first scope & skin, very rewarding, they should not robe their own game of gameplay.

********Bam4D********

Does look like you're not reaching out to the stat server, there is an update this week that should solve the issue... soon you will be ranking up in the challenges.

********Bam4D********

• PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 43Developer
    @[TMF]ShemHamFerash and @BUZZ_liteBeer:

Judging from those screenshots, it looks like it might be an issue your game client receiving the Challenge information. Both of those shots show no active weapon rank or rewards.

I'm checking with the database team now to make sure your challenges are incrementing on the backend. If they are, I may message you all individually to track down what's going on on the frontend (if I can't reproduce it locally).
  • iDK.ArkeiroiDK.Arkeiro Posts: 775Player
    Late weapon challenges are bugged on display. You don't see them or when you switch a gun and switch back to it it shows the old weapon challenge progress. Also, you have to update the weapon in order to see the skin equiped (for the m4 - the actual spawn weapon - you have to switch weapons and back to it, or switch scopes). But don't worry, even if you don't see the progress, it does count everything you do. Just keep an eye on your weapon garage if you unlocked the skin (however you will see by an achievment when you finished the challenge).

Here is a ss to help you know what you gotta do for each challenge: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524543879

I don't know if I was clear enough, but this is a remind for who doesnt read everything. I keep seeing people asking the same questions and the answer is here. The admins should fix this asap.

Over 2k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 43Developer
    I don't know if I was clear enough, but this is a remind for who doesnt read everything. I keep seeing people asking the same questions and the answer is here. The admins should fix this asap.

Indeed! Thanks for the reminder. This should be fixed in the forthcoming update.