New Competition Site up and running

Hey guys,

So I've got a new competition site up and running, and after really taking a look at comp rules that you are suggesting, I love the idea of running an AAPG league with them. If you think there is an interest to get an amateur league going for AAPG, check us out at http://www.fgnleague.com/ .

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Cool, happy to have you guys!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Cool stuff.
    But what about the rules? and which format are you using? 5v5 ? What maps are being played?

The website looks nice.
  • =]ES[=zomb!=]ES[=zomb! Posts: 80Player
    Format: 5v5
    Round Count: 16
    Round times: 2:30
    Home Team: Has side choice at the beginning of match play.
    Away Team: Has side choice during overtime.
    Overtime: Same Map; 3 rounds per side BO6. If still tied, restart BO6.

All matches reportings must be complete at the end of the match. Any match issues must be announced to the administration staff within 24 hours of the completion of the match.

Maplist and dates/times is as follows:

Crossfire_DE
    SpringStreet_EX
    Siege_EX
    Shadowstep_EX
    InnerHospital_EX
    More Maps TBD

Match servers will be provided by FGNLeague.com. If there is an issue with the server, a support ticket must be submitted no later than 30 minutes before the match, and a new server using the following rules must be selected by the Home Team.

Server Settings:
    NetWait=35
    BeginningOfRoundDelay=15
    TimeLimit=150
    RoundsToWin=9
    ForbidGrenadeTime=0
    bAutoBalanceTeams=false
    bHardcoreMode=false
    bReduceFriendlyFire=false
    bDisableROE=true
    bAllowBleedOut=true
    MaxRevives=0
    bSpotEnemiesOnDeath=false
    bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=false
    bHUD_ForcePlayerCountOff=false
    bHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpotsOff=true
    bHUD_ForceActivityFeedOff=false
    bHUD_ForceHitIndicatorOff=true
    bAllowSpectateMode_ActionCam=true
    bAllowSpectateMode_3pOrbit=true
    bAllowSpectateMode_FreeCam=true
    bAllowIncapMode_SpectateBody=false
    bAllowIncapMode_ActionCam=false
    bAllowIncapMode_3pOrbit=false
    bAllowIncapMode_FreeCam=false
    bForceSpectateTeamScreenFX=true
    bUseServerSideHitDetection=false

In Game Rules (Weapons / Frags)

Rifle: 5
    AR: 1
    DM:
    Sniper: 1 (Only on maps that allow it)
    Fog: 2
    Smokes: 0
    index.php?soldier=%3D%5DES%5B%3Dzomb%21
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Are you setting up separate Leagues for EU and NA?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited November 2015
    I assume the DM is 0? Its blank I hope its zero. Saw elcan should be a no as well(Just reddot, iron, or holographic). Same with SniperRole(Limited to m24 Sniper only. M14 with same scope as a sniper would be pretty op vs a m24 potentially)
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Yeah DM will be set to 0. And Sniper will be limited to M24 only. I plan on hosting the servers myself, so that things are kept in house. Additionally, after a couple successful seasons, I will begin offering some sort of prize package. I have a few companies that are interested in coming on board as sponsors for the events, but the main thing they want to see is activity on the site. So for at least 1 or 2 seasons, everything will be free to play, with at best in-store credit with my hosting company if people are interested in that sort of thing.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    edited November 2015
    Good luck with it, ptrangers most likely will join.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    fgn_denial wrote: »
    Yeah DM will be set to 0. And Sniper will be limited to M24 only. I plan on hosting the servers myself, so that things are kept in house. Additionally, after a couple successful seasons, I will begin offering some sort of prize package. I have a few companies that are interested in coming on board as sponsors for the events, but the main thing they want to see is activity on the site. So for at least 1 or 2 seasons, everything will be free to play, with at best in-store credit with my hosting company if people are interested in that sort of thing.

It all sounds good ill think about getting on a team for this. If not though hope you get enough teams.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

again.. NA? or EU only

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    When I spoke to him it was definitely NA. I'm not sure if it also includes EU, hopefully it does.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Yeah, I'm looking for more NA as everything I have is NA based. I could support EU but I don't have any servers in the EU to host the servers themselves.
  • fgn_denial wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm looking for more NA as everything I have is NA based. I could support EU but I don't have any servers in the EU to host the servers themselves.

Then go for it man, we don't need hosted servers ;p
    Cool...NA it is.. start a sign up and we'll invite some teams ...see what we can get started

• {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    Is there a deadline to sign up or is it an open ladder?
  • -=DA=-Denial_FGN-=DA=-Denial_FGN Posts: 45Player
    edited November 2015
    Well, I would like to have between 8 and 16 active teams participating. It'll be round robin style with the top teams depending on how many participate going off to the playoffs. I would like to see all the teams ready before Thanksgiving, and then we can gauge the start date. The sooner teams sign up with a full roster, the quicker we get moving.

Additionally, in the account settings, under the STEAM option, can you make sure you put a link to your Steam ID that you are going to use.
    http://www.fgnleague.com/standings.php?lid=6

so these are the current teams signed up? .. not a bad start

• -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player
    I think its great that you have taken the time to start up a league on your own. Speaking from previous experience of running multiple AA leagues over the years. The holiday period isnt the easiest to deal with when it comes to getting multiple teams involved and actually having the players from each team show up. My suggestion would be to have some type of preseason or seeding tourney that could last 3 weeks. The first 3 weeks of December possibly. Then start the tournament ,round robin style, or however you are going to do it the first week of January. You have no holidays or time constraints immediately after Jan 1st.
  • Yeah I was thinking the very same thing. It all depends on how many people are truly interested in participating, and how many teams are signed up.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Since you already have an EU team signed up you should make rules for that. We all know that there will be complaints otherwise.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Since you already have an EU team signed up you should make rules for that. We all know that there will be complaints otherwise.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.