Spend some quality time at the mall

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
edited November 2015 in News & Announcements
One of our new maps has entered the art phase. Here are some great work-in-progress shots of it.

Currently without a final name, it will come in both BDX and FLO flavors, crafted to have different routes based on the different player quantities.

**ART IS NOT FINAL YET**

The map is extraction, though more modes may be added.

d9lt4kxpj9m9.jpg
ecf6obubz4m4.jpg
jcah5woyr8tl.jpg
xrim9ivmsq10.jpg
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    I have been! :p
  • KodenKoden Posts: 283Player
    An interiors based map? Seems interesting...just one thing tho, it looks kind of grey/brownish right now, i know the art is not final but please give us something colorful and pleasing to the eye.
    Derob6.jpg
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Hah and i just commented yesterday on when we'd be getting a new BDX map.

What's the estimated month of release for the new map?
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,108Player
    edited November 2015
    Being that it's both BDX and FLO, there's hope that it won't be overly massive. Hopefully a good size.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • iSoldier_iSoldier_ Posts: 72Beta Tester
    Spend some time at the mall and then there's a row of angry soldiers waiting for you at the exit.
    TheTots wrote: »
    The only thing we didn't do was give you a call at home.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited November 2015
    Why so dreary? Give the mall a bright and festive atmosphere! Have some friendly shoppers going up and down the escalators.
    googley avatar aapg

• DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    There is one area that has a bit of color to it ;)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    New map yay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,185Player
    drooling.gif

.. I was wondering about some of the new assets in the editor :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Why so dreary? Give the mall a bright and festive atmosphere! Have some friendly shoppers going up and down the escalators.

That would go against their make-everything-as-dirty-as-possible-without-making-it-black-philosophy that occured with the release.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 283Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    IO_i_OI wrote: »

That would go against their make-everything-as-dirty-as-possible-without-making-it-black-philosophy that occured with the release.

+1, but Intercept was kind of already messy on the visuals.
    Derob6.jpg
  • Any possibility of a VIP player, for extraction instead of a flag?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Not on this map. VIP could still happen though!

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    New map yay

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,108Player
    edited November 2015
    FunPolice wrote: »
    Not on this map. VIP could still happen though!

Judging by the fact that there are VIP parameters in the map editor and a model for the VIP, I don't see why you guys don't at least just make it available for map editors to implement into their map. Even if the only way to become VIP is a console command rather than some UI item.

Although, I wouldn't mind just a _/1 VIP slot in the squad selection menu. I can't imagine that'd be too difficult.

Personally, I think it'd be great if there was a way that if the team loses two rounds in a row, a vote automatically comes up where the team can vote out the VIP. Would make it so inept VIPs are given the boot back to a regular squad member before the team begins to get angry at the bad VIP.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    If it was "flip switch, give VIP" we'd do it. In reality what we have are very basic and VERY incomplete parts of a VIP system.

We want to flesh it out and do it right, but it's not near that state currently.

Your 'very simple' suggestion here could easily take weeks of programmer time, a week or two of UI/UX time, some animation time, testing time, and on and on. This 'simple' implementation would be a couple months in the making.

When we have the time, we'd like to do it, but we are working on more important core things currently.

• .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    When we have the time, we'd like to do it, but we are working on more important core things currently.

Like what? Can you get us excited a little bit here? Or are you going to hurt my feelings again? :(

ss_4_AliGator...png

Things like refactoring all of the UI input code so we can get rid of all the current UI bugs.
    Getting Astound Sound (3d sound) up and bug free
    That and some other stuff that we can't get in to yet.

• -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player
    Things like refactoring all of the UI input code so we can get rid of all the current UI bugs.

I'm calling shenanigans on the sound!!!
    Easily the most unfinished part of the game. Im a glass half full type of guy on AAPG sound.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player

You had me at sound. Keep us updated please!
    ss_4_AliGator...png