trees in the ME

Hello all thanks again for the soooooo much help you guys give me i really do appreciate it . The whitepine tress i use have a transparent trunk and im not to sure how to fix this as only materials work on the trees , how do i get solid wood ? :smiley:

Comments

• -Flops--Flops- Posts: 354Player
    and part 2 , is making something so you can not walk through it as simple as adding or taking away collision ? . for example a a/c unit or truck and i can just stroll right through them . thanks
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Couldn't find a pine tree, with a transparent trunk, within the editor. All the ones in the "Foliage_WhitePine" package, seem to be complete, and might make a good replacement for the one your using.

For meshes that have no collision, the simplest thing to do is make an AABlocking volume, around the object. Unless it's a custom set of stairs or something, then I tend to create the collision in a 3D program, like 3DS Max....e.t.c.
    ok cool thanks , my trees have the foliage vines around the trunk but no actual wood you can see straight through it
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Aha! I found it...lol. The tree you're using is two separate pieces....one piece is the trunk, and the other is the leaves, and small branches. It's in the "FoliageNew" package.
    ahh ok , thank you very much , it was annoying me lol
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    Am i wrong or now tree's tunk don't stop bullets? Or did it work always in this manner and i don't remember well? :s
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,158Beta Tester
    I'll have to check their collision. It's possible the material is missing its physical material.
    all my tree trunks stop bullets by default or so they have so far as well as the leaves , i had to remove collisions on the leaves cause to me thats just silly lol