How to kick offensive and idle players?

2»

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited October 2015
    I am not sure why the dev's removed the vote kick from official servers but I guess it was being abused kicking players for nothing.
    Maybe they can employ some of the most trusted players to be admins on their servers to take care of the problems.
    It must be annoying for players to have to leave the game put in a report and wait for a DEV to kick them.
    I guess by then the idiot has left the sever anyway.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    He named 3 clans, didn't say anything about Kidz even though that banlist also has some weird names on it.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited October 2015
    yes that banlist has weird names (players on it)

some do cheat
    some do not follow rules on the server
    some do use abusive language in or outside of game

but none who do not do any of the above :)
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    lol, you just named clans banning for the opposite.

and if you write this after him naming some clans, pls do not take offense of counter joke :)
    dam n those smileys are huge
  • Rex_(BasilisK)Rex_(BasilisK) Posts: 20Player
    I think the option for vote kick should be there. We've had problems with idle players in some servers where admins are mostly absent.
    Automated kick for being idle? Are we playing the same game?
    There is automatic kick for idles in the game ini.. Default is now 61 seconds.

I set it to 101 so ppl can do their business without making a mess
  • Rex_(BasilisK)Rex_(BasilisK) Posts: 20Player
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, perfectly good for those who might not want to make a mess, of course.
  • [BR]-djtal[BR]-djtal Posts: 22Player
    edited October 2015
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I am not sure why the dev's removed the vote kick from official servers but I guess it was being abused kicking players for nothing.
    Maybe they can employ some of the most trusted players to be admins on their servers to take care of the problems.
    It must be annoying for players to have to leave the game put in a report and wait for a DEV to kick them.

that would be a great idea,cuz by the time ur submitting a report its already too late.......
    concerning these funny server rules,i played on a server the other day and i swear to god the rules were
    ``no jumping while being shot at or can be kicked
    ``no crouch|stand up while being shot at or can be kicked
    dam i think these guys should go play candycrush.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Very rarely do we have issues in our server. All of our everyday players know our rules and know any of our admins are a steam chat message away for emergencies.
    The difference between pub servers and private clan servers is night and day....feel free to hop on our servers anytime! Slaughterhouse 1 is the most popular :blush:

-=D3G=-SLAUGHTERHOUSE 1 - Inner Only
    -=D3G=-SLAUGHTERHOUSE 2 - Inner HC
    -=D3G=-SLAUGHTERHOUSE 3 - Map Rotation
    -=D3G=-SLAUGHTERHOUSE 4 - AA2 Maps
    -=D3G=-SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5 - Custom Maps
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    [BR]-djtal wrote: »
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

that would be a great idea,cuz by the time ur submitting a report its already too late.......
    concerning these funny server rules,i played on a server the other day and i swear to god the rules were
    ``no jumping while being shot at or can be kicked
    ``no crouch|stand up while being shot at or can be kicked
    dam i think these guys should go play candycrush.

Would you believe me that clan actually tried competing in ESL? They left after a few matches.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I think most players frown upon Bunny-hopping and Crouch-hopping. Since both can be done with a simple macro when no skill is involved in avoiding getting shot. There's nothing wrong with admins wanting players to "act" more realistically. Frankly, the only people I ever saw Bunny-hopping to avoid getting shot were the Three Stooges.
    googley avatar aapg

edited October 2015
    Uhm, their rules include not doing 2 actions at the same time (like moving to the side and crouching), I don't think that should be restricted.
    obviously such movements shouldn't be forbidden, but there are also lots ppl actually using macro for it..
    The problem is you know they are using it but you cant really prove it..

• Bunny-hopping and Crouch-hopping use of macro's does spoil the game ....I like the idea of everyone being on equal footing, if macro's are used it gives the user an unfair advantage ....
    edited October 2015
    I personally never had a problem shooting a bunny hopper or fast up/down croucher/walker

That being said, it clearly comes close to trying to exploit net-code issues to make it harder getting hit on cqb. It shouldn't be considered as skill IMO.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I don't have a macro for it, but I've moved to hitting crouch a few times while in very CQB fights.

I think it's more about making the head a difficult moving target than anything related to netcode. It's kind of the same idea as the players that jump around corners instead of slow-crouching through them. High-speed target = hard to hit = more survivability.
    Saccho wrote: »
    I don't have a macro for it, but I've moved to hitting crouch a few times while in very CQB fights.

I think it's more about making the head a difficult moving target than anything related to netcode. It's kind of the same idea as the players that jump around corners instead of slow-crouching through them. High-speed target = hard to hit = more survivability.

sure moving targets are harder to hit true.. but the speed you can spam up/down with macro is really something else, so I believe the net code gets effected as well after certain point.

Its like quick peak corner with macro.. its so fast that you can have a clear vision of the area you are peaking towards, but you are not even visible (or hitable for that matter) I believe there was a video of it somewhere how the peak didn't look like a peak after certain frequency.

Of course if you do it without macro to a certain speed and still can shoot properly, that is skill.
    My counter is to aim towards upper torso when a players starts that insane movement.. and I almost always land a hs on that level :)