Video settings

13»

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    144Hz monitor, (2) gtx 770's SLI 2GB, i7 3770k quad oc'd 4.0GHz, 16GB ram, 500GB ssd.

gpu's running under 50% load. no SLI profiles submitted to nvidia still.

1 cpu core barely used...

game struggles to run 120 fps on newer/larger maps. i never had fps issues with smoke though, so go figure. 1080p, settings quality seems to make no difference.

software would be a long list of stuff running in the background, but none of it installed improperly. could limit programs running in bg but wouldn't change the outcome.

• BillPaxtonBillPaxton Posts: 3Player
    edited October 2015
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    i7-4790K
    16GB RAM

Still getting FPS drops on the bigger maps after like half the rounds played. Feels better/occurs later on in the game than in the beta though.

I've found that reconnecting via console to the server resets my fps to how it was in round one.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,076Moderator
    uninstall geforce experience, at least for testing.
    If on win 10, uninstall the xbox module(go, go, google)

And last but not least, have a realistic expectation on performance, youre not going to have +200fps stable on a normal computer on any UE3 game, its not source engine..
    ss_4_frankof.png
    anyone manage to get shadowplay to work with this version? gfe won't even recognize this game is installed so i can't get it to work.

• ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
    edited October 2015
    I have shadow play working just fine. I just tried it out the other day for my 1st time and it works great.

My biggest problem with video settings is that even though I have them set at 200 and enable framerate smoothing, I still cannot get and maintain 144 fps. I have a 780 gtx card, a rog pg278q 27" g-sync monitor, 16 gb of ram, a 240 gb ssd, crosshair v formula z motherboard, amd fx 8350 cpu.

I use to get 144 for the 1st full week of this final release, but then after nvidia had a driver update, I got a runtime error. I tried everything including reformatting my ssd and rolling back to another driver. Nothing I do now seems to make a difference. I can only get mid to upper 90's to about 111 fps. sometimes lower, but never higher. (and yes, I have checked to make sure my monitor 2560x1440 is set to 144hz.)
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    edited October 2015
    Make sure you're in full screen and not windowed boarderless full screen. I have shadow play running. Also make sure it's all up to date.

I haven't done much testing on my final low texture ini but seems better. I did experience a two second freeze that dropped me to 2fps once.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    You're trying to push a steady 144fps on 2560x1440..with an amd and a 780.. mehhh. Don't see that happening

Doubt I could even get that with my i7 4790/gtx970

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited October 2015
    If you want to run full screen borderless you can just activate desktop capture and it will work.
    edited October 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    You're trying to push a steady 144fps on 2560x1440..with an amd and a 780.. mehhh. Don't see that happening

Doubt I could even get that with my i7 4790/gtx970

Why not? I was getting that in beta and the 1st seven days of October, until nvidia had a driver update. BTW I forgot to mention I am also using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. And I am using fullscreen mode, (not fullscreen windowed) And my monitor is the Asus ROG PG278Q.
    Ok I figured out why I wasn't getting at least 144 fps. It seems that nvidia decided to make V-Sync ON, a default setting on their last driver update. I just double checked my nvidia control panel settings and found that. I turned off V-Sync and went to the M9 shoot house, and BAM! I was getting 160's fps.
    Elementis wrote: »
    Ok I figured out why I wasn't getting at least 144 fps. It seems that nvidia decided to make V-Sync ON, a default setting on their last driver update. I just double checked my nvidia control panel settings and found that. I turned off V-Sync and went to the M9 shoot house, and BAM! I was getting 160's fps.

I am still having huge issues with getting 144 and dropping to 90 the following round. With tweaks or without
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    Too much emphasis on the numbers guys. Try vanilla AAPG out, fresh install.. default ini, all settings in the game menu on high and set your desired frame rate while your in there.

Imagine how much better you could be at the game not constantly having to look at the FPS counter :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Too much emphasis on the numbers guys. Try vanilla AAPG out, fresh install.. default ini, all settings in the game menu on high and set your desired frame rate while your in there.

Imagine how much better you could be at the game not constantly having to look at the FPS counter :lol:

Have you seen the difference of 90fps and 120+?
    If you haven't then there's not much I can do for you. Also 144 hz monitors I believe have best performance at 144+ fps

I remember when intercept had just came out and i used to get 90fps until i got my hands on a tweaked ini. It was night and day. The m16 shot much more fluid than at 90fps. Don't ask me why or how the difference was there.
    edited October 2015
    I've not sadly.. no, but then I'm quite happy with 60-90 I can get. I suppose if your determined and have the hardware you should absolutely try and get the best and most you can to justify the need for such hardware and to say '[TOS Violation] yes I can'..

All I'm saying is don't let a few silly numbers spoil the potential for plain good old gaming fun, afterall is that not 'why we do'?

edited October 2015
    uni-sol, your definition of "bad performance" is below average. fact is performance affects gameplay. certainly, some people would like to play competitively (be that a pub or a match). in terms of performance and optimization, there is a certain standard this game is failing to reach. even if you aren't a competitive person, people still come to expect modern games to not run bad on good hardware.

let me just ask. imagine you're in a csgo forum, and imagine how your "don't sweat it" advice would be received on the general community of that game. (your advice ignoring the fact that performance affects gameplay).

you may not result to uninstalling because of bad performance, but know that plenty of pc gamers will not tolerate poorly optimized games.

also take note of the standard that is present at LAN events (even non-FPS genre events). the hardware used at LAN events is provided and standardized so nobody has a hardware advantage over the other. and would you be surprised to know that 144Hz monitors and gpu's to power them are the standard at LAN?

certainly then your advice should be for more people to get decent hardware, instead of telling people with decent hardware (industry standard) to play game with sub par performance.

edited October 2015
    Not telling people to play with or accept sub par performance bud, telling them to enjoy playing 'a game' rather than to emphasize on reaching a number. Try to find your systems happy place, where the game runs nicely at a certain level and does not deviate.. then you have achieved optimization yourself.

I personally do not think the game is poorly optimized. Its an aging engine stuck on DX9 thats now very much likely being ran on new technology capable of powering Unreal 4 and DX11/12, you can't expect miracles, you just can't. Hardware being newer and more advanced that the software running on it does not equate to "It should be able to be maxed out on my GTX TITAN!" or "it must be able to perform better since I got my hands on 64GB of ddr900 with Intel 9000K!" sadly, since we tend to spend a lot of dough on this stuff.. it don't always work like that.

I'm also not about to say "Hey, the game is perfect.. Why don't you all stop complaining?", as its definitely not and I'm pretty sure everyone knows it. People rightly should be feeding back all their concerns, but honestly there are games out there with far worse performance and pull in millions of players..
    I really don't think performance is whats affecting the game negatively. CS as you kindly used as an example, is a crap looking game imo, I'm sure people love it.. but it's no wonder that game can perform at peoples expectations, whats more the players of that will probably still tweak to get more.. It's in the nature of the beast I'm talking about. Far too much Emphasis on numbers.

In any case, I'm sure if I went out to get a 144hz monitor I could play AAPG with 144FPS.. I would set it to be so in the game options, then simply play the game and forget about it, but that is me.

I'm certainly not arguing that you should be happy with crap performance, if you guys think anything less than what you expect is intolerable and therefore must be poorly optimized.. and is impacting on your ability to play the game and have fun while doing so.. then that's just darn unfortunate, the devs cannot provide fixes for high expectations or are about go and change engines.. and tbh if the industry standard is games running at Silly FPS on purely 144Hz monitors then fo real, I really am behind in the times :lol: