Votekick option

Comments

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    AliGator.. wrote: »
    Why shouldn't you lose points for accidental tks? Also, if you can votekick, then there is no need to tk someone for a "legitimate" reason.

Because some situations are virtually unavoidable. If there's an enemy wiping people out and I slightly wing a team mate shooting him, why should I lose points for that? That may mean said team mate should have been shooting him, but maybe he wasn't doing a very good job, thus no one is really at fault.

Of course, but we currently can't, which is complete rubbish considering the rampant abuse I've seen lately.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    Why shouldn't you lose points for friendly fire? Even if its accidental? I still get the death counted to my stats if I get tked. That's not fair but thats life in FPS. You should lose points for Friendly Fire accidental or not so than you may become more cautious the next time a incident could pop up.

It worked really well in America's Army 1, 2 and 3 for a reason.

Also think of it this way right now you Friendly Fire someone by accident you go and revive them and get points!!! LOL so basically your getting rewarded points for acccidently tking someone. That makes sense right?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I kinda want the punishing thingy back from AA3. That way you could send intentional teamkillers to jail while you could forgive accidental cases.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    I kinda want the punishing thingy back from AA3. That way you could send intentional teamkillers to jail while you could forgive accidental cases.

that's another fine option as well.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player

That's part of the plan we have going now.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »

Gimme my like button back for this comment at least.
    Like button is acting up with the latest version of Vanilla. Hope to have it back soon.

2 great news in one thread. What is this? It's not christmas yet.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    So much like potential towards the end of this thread..

So Roe is coming
    Forgive like AA3 is coming
    Like is coming soon too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited October 2015
    I really wish the votekick option was back soon. I could understand removing it for official servers, but for publicly run servers? I was in several games with a player name [mod edit] and she almost always becomes a target of TKing. Throughout the entire game. And the other players have no way to stop it without killing the person doing it. Votekick would have been great in those moments where [mod edit] was nading us to death or shooting us at spawn...

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Tots knows how to say all the nice things.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2015
    No he doesn't. . He dropped a nade on my head the other day and said "thats for posting on my forum"..lol..I was on his team :neutral:

..he's lucky there is no votekicking :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    No he doesn't. . He dropped a nade on my head the other day and said "thats for posting on my forum"..lol..I was on his team :neutral:

..he's lucky there is no votekicking :wink:

True story

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    TheTots wrote: »

would you care to give details as to how you plan to enable this aa3 forgive system? there are many ways to implement it wrong, as described below, thus require another patch to truly get the desired effect.

for example... if it requires a teammate to kill you before you get the option to forgive/kill them, then that can simply be exploited by the griefer just running around injuring teammates instead of flat out killing them. this is easy enough with reduced friendly fire on, seeing as it takes 20 shots to the face to kill a teammate...

okay, so then lower the threshold you may say? only require 4 bullets perhaps before triggering a forgive option? well even if you set it to some such threshold, we have the problem where the default servers still seem to be using that really broken form of "reduced friendly fire" which requires 20 bullets to kill a teammate (or one nade).

so then if this threshold is set too low, then this reduced friendly fire also leaves room for a griefer to take advantage of that by intentionally running in front of your fire, just to get you in trouble and they can vote to not forgive you, while they are still alive to carry on and troll someone else as well, thanks to the FF damage being so low...

and if the threshold is set too high, then it will never trigger on reduced ff servers. and the griefer is free to attack teammates without the vote ever popping up...

simplest solution would be to remove the reduced friendly fire option from the game, so that the aa3 style forgive system could work its magic without any of these exploits haunting the next patch.

also, you'd also want to have an aa2-like counter measure, where the griefer couldn't exploit the system by simply injuring several teammates, thus avoiding the forgive scenario... instead aa2 had a max roe tolerance, and then you were kicked, no asking each individual for forgiveness.

• Rex_(BasilisK)Rex_(BasilisK) Posts: 20Player
    edited October 2015
    Punishment has to be there. Else we get some really annoying people like that guy in my team who was team killing 3-4 mates every new round without any penalty just a couple of days ago. That would be the stupidest thing ever. We clearly understand some of the limitations of vote kick like clan members kicking full teams to make room for their members (seen it in AA2). That is extremely unfair and unethical but all this can be covered up. As for the penalty, it definitely has to be there. Else we'll have people from CSGO migrating in a couple of days, playing like [TOS Violation] and that will seriously affect AAPG's future.
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    One of the problems with the current abuse system is how cumbersome it is... the report abuse function requires you - the abused - to alt tab out of the game to go file the abuse report. Who is being punished here?

the first step, if you don't want to have a vote kick system, is to have the UI for an ingame abuse report system.

example -

1. Player gets TK'd
    2. Player brings up the score board
    3. Player rolls his/her cursor over the offending player
    4. Player gets basic details of the offender (GUID and steam name) because the info will automatically display.
    5. Player right clicks on the players name, and gets a popup that says "REPORT PLAYER"
    6. Player clicks on the popup and gets a menu
    a) lists offenders player name
    b) his GUID
    c) a drop box menu of offences to choose from
    d) a second drop box, incase it was more than one thing
    e) the reporting players name and GUID <--- this is to prevent abuse of the reporting feature.
    7. Player clicks Ok, and he gets a thank you for reporting message. Also when you press Ok, it puts a time stamp on the Demorec, that way the Server Admin can review the recorded video later.

This feature would need to be configurable for private servers, so that they could have it auto post on there website... just not sure how exploitable it would be...

may sound like a lot of steps, but it is all ingame and requires zero typing and doesn't punish the player doing the report while he is in spectate after being TK'd.

I even wonder if the fact that getting their GUID and Stem Name easier would be more of a determent as they cant hide as easy.
  • Just wanted to drop a +1 for the vote to bring back vote kicking. When 2/3rds or 3/4ths of everyone on the server want someone to leave I don't see why the majority of the people in the server should have to deal with the one person ruining the fun for everyone else. Really seems like the players who want to be there and have a good time are being punished instead of the few guys who want to ruin it for everyone else.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    What needs to happen is curbing voting abuse, not killing voting. Of course you got a lot of reports of abuse; we're not going to report all the times it was used properly because we don't need to. I saw it misused, of course, but it was also used properly constantly. Make people lose points if they kick someone to, e.g., make room for a clan member. Bring back ping because some people really do have out of this world ping (like 600+ constantly) and need to go.
    You forgot about the reports they didn't get because the process of reporting is just a pain. And yet they decided the abuse is too much.. weird.
  • POTATO.rzintegraPOTATO.rzintegra Posts: 46Player
    You forgot about the reports they didn't get because the process of reporting is just a pain. And yet they decided the abuse is too much.. weird.

so weird that they didn't get reports of when it got used properly for idle payers, VOIP spamming and TKing.
    There are always two sides to one coin. ;)
    ss_POTATO.rzintegra_4.png