Full Release AAPG Tournament

2»

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    First of all that leaves you with 4 out of 7 available weapons... Not 1. Next Shotgun is cheap easy way to get cqb kills, there is a reason no one uses it in matches. It's not about preventing unique tactics its about improving the overall competition scene and how they play. So let me get this straight first you say no one uses the shotgun or m14 in matches/scrims...Now you say by removing them from comp you remove the ability of having some unique tactics...LoL I am done arguing with incompetent so called "comp" player about this. You've obviously never played competitively at a high level on any other game and certainly would not be in that category on this game if this game wasn't so dead.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    edited June 2015
    You've obviously never played competitively at a high level on any other game and certainly would not be in that category on this game if this game wasn't so dead.

OOOOOO BURN.

59832138.jpg
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Nobody uses it in matches because they think the M4 is better to equip, not because they're worried about being "cheap". If people thought the gun was better, they'd use it. I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from.

This isn't a barrel-measuring contest. When have I said I'm some sort of pro? Take your ego out of the discussion.

Serious competitors bring the best equipment available. They don't ignore guns because they think they're cheap. When the Tec-9 was at the peak of its strength in CS, all the top teams altered their T-side strategies to incorporate it and use it to its fullest. Where's your team's shotgun strategies? Where's the M14 strategy? Why isn't every team jumping on this and saying "Yeah, the shotgun and M14 completely break balance" ?
    LoL I am done arguing with incompetent so called "comp" player about this. You've obviously never played competitively at a high level on any other game and certainly would not be in that category on this game if this game wasn't so dead.

This attitude is a HUGE part of why the North American comp scene fails to get teams to sign up.
    Yeah sure it's got nothing to do with the blatant walllers and other pub teams thinking the same of legit top teams...thats the truth. Not this nonsense above. Also if this game does make it than I'm fine with having these as main league rules and open can have whatever. You always bring up cs but alls you do is sit on the sidelines on that game. You want to compare a game compare a game you played at the same high level you do in AAPG.

BCPull wrote: »
    This isn't a barrel-measuring contest. When have I said I'm some sort of pro? Take your ego out of the discussion.

Serious competitors bring the best equipment available.

Leave the comp rulesets to the pros then.

"Serious competitors bring the best equipment available." you would know from experience huh?

I have literally no idea what you're talking about at this point or how what you think of my CS play is relevant to whether *any* team plays a shotgun strategy. Since you can't show teams winning with the shotgun or the M14 or actually prove your case, you're trying to attack my credentials.

So let me get this straight first you say no one uses the shotgun or m14 in matches/scrims...Now you say by removing them from comp you remove the ability of having some unique tactics...LoL
    1) The shotgun clearly isn't too strong since it isn't seeing regular use.
    2) If a team finds a new strategy with it, they should be allowed to use it.
    3) If the strategy takes off and reveals some undiscovered special shotgun power, *then* is the time to talk about how to handle it.

There's no contradiction at all in what I'm saying. Don't regulate away strategies before they're even present, let alone dominant.
    BCPull wrote: »

Serious competitors bring the best equipment available.

Leave the comp rulesets to the pros then.

"Serious competitors bring the best equipment available." you would know from experience huh?
    You just chopped out the rest of that paragraph where I explained how the CS scene reacted to an actually overpowered gun by using it every chance they got. The Devs responded. The rulesets never needed to be changed. Why are you choosing to ignore that part and attack me instead?
    This isnt CSGO this game wasn't built and tweaked solely based on top tier competitive team/player feedback. The simple fact is the m14 is very easy so is the shotgun comparing the difficulty on other weapons...K this has nothing to do with proving a weapon is OP this about the fact that an m14/shotgun/elcan ar is easier to use than any other gun...A sniper rifle should not be easier to use than an m4.

• SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    edited June 2015
    Got any videos of Shotgun ownage? that’s right up my street. Hope so, I'm still learning :)
  • since you all were waiting for release.. well, its here.. how bout we start this idea back up?
    fg_blkcat_sig_png.png
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 307Player
    I like trains
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    I think 1 m24 should be forced per team. I remember playing COD comp back in the day and each team had an assigned Scope player (sniper) and a limit on smgs and rifles. I think it could add a skill gap between teams.
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    forgot to add that comp should be limited to ironsights only as well.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player

This would be so much better
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    I can dig those ideas. It would definitely spice things up a bit.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited October 2015
    M16 ironsights only. Singleshot only for ultimate madness.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Okay the pro has arrived to discuss matters regarding 'comp' as you all call it.

Request an invite on steam, only got so many friend slots so lets go with 1 per team.

I think 1 m24 should be forced per team. I remember playing COD comp back in the day and each team had an assigned Scope player (sniper) and a limit on smgs and rifles. I think it could add a skill gap between teams.

Love it :smile: