Wanted features for AAPG 1.1

Comments

• GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    Fix the voip, can't turn it off
    + button to toggle Voip on/off (mute<>unmute all players)
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    VIP MODE + 1,000,000,000
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    "GoA wrote:
    z!o[N]cya[;20121"]
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    Fix the voip, can't turn it off
    + button to toggle Voip on/off (mute<>unmute all players)

I know, but since there's the option to turn off the voip one time without doing it every time I join a server, would be nice if that's working
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • x$].ALCATRA_Zx$].ALCATRA_Z Posts: 1Player
    edited October 2015
    -remove supported position.
    -fix the "bug" when the soldier jump (jump only and don't go up on every obstacle). It's really annoying...
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    edited October 2015
    ALCATRA_Z wrote: »
    -fix the "bug" when the soldier jump (jump only and don't go up on every obstacle). It's really annoying...
    I've had this, too...It can even get you killed sometimes.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    It's funny that you encountered this bug now when it's in the game since about a year or something but should hopefully be something to be fixed soon™.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Is that the one where you become stuck up against something you wanted to jump up on and are unable to move for like a second?

Hate that.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited October 2015
    EDIT: nvm
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Is that the one where you become stuck up against something you wanted to jump up on and are unable to move for like a second?

Hate that.
    Yes. It happened in beta, too. :D
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player

Hate that.

It happens to me all the time when attempting to jump on stair rails, particularly on Lockdown.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Yes. I've been seing "Sticky Objects" lately too when trying to vault. It makes me grumpy! :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I know its always happened but I wonder if it's something made more prevalent now since they altered the distance in which you can vault?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    Please add clan/team management/support
  • CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID]CPT-A.Cantu[3rdID] Posts: 93Player
    edited October 2015
    UMMs can already have AI. I have made 2 maps with AI and I know a few other map makers who have as well. Just need to expand on the capabilities. Currently there is no way for the round to restart when all players on the non-AI team die. Add game event- team dead to kismet or something. I already have it working that the round ends when all the AI die. A solution for this may already exist, I'll play around later this week and see if I can figure out a work around.

I like the idea of the fireteams with a sub-voice group. If you are in a fireteam, you have a button to only voice chat with those in your team. A second button can be used for the whole squad.

In arma3 they have the task force radio mod. You can use voice chat on one button, and only players within a certain distance of you can hear you, like if you were talking to someone in the same room. If you push a different voice chat button, it acts like a radio and you transmit to everyone on that channel (think your fireteam). You can also have another channel with a button to toggle it that transmits on the radio to anyone on another frequency, so say for everyone in the squad.

So break down into two fireteams which make up a squad. One voice chat button talks to everyone in the squad. Another button for those in your fireteam. a third button to "voice talk" those nearby.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    - Vip Gamemode
    - Zombie mod/coop maps :)
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Although I do like some of the ideas here, most of them would need quite extensive changes and I don't see that being very realistic. For now, it would be nice if the creases were ironed out as I said before.
    There's a few practical things I'd like to see though:
    - Ability to cancel the connection, when the map changes. I wait for the outcome of the map-vote, but when it's not to my liking, I am already loading the map.
    - Settings and key-binds shouldn't be rolled back every update.
    - Remove the launcher.
    - Remove inner-hospital from the rotation, every other week.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    i'm hoping mostly for bugfixes at this point... i wouldn't evfen bother calling that 1.1. just release them asap as they get patched internally.

but barring that, we get one big patch. let's hope people are still around to enjoy it... maybe tackle some of this:

maybe the devs could bring back the smoke grenade IF there was fire teams and the smoke was limited to less players, just like scopes are... you know... like aa2 did it... that way you don't have to completely remove smoke because it is hurting map design... because there is too much of it, and it is blanketing every map for the entirety of every round... and being deployed without any care, thought, etc.

give me an option to have voip muted when i alt tab (or an option to severely reduce voip volume when alt tabbed).

fix the vote system.

fix the bug report link. so we can report bugs...

full hospital could be a good map if it had a moving objective from the start of the match (such as vip). as it is, it is avoided like the plague because matches take over an hour, because it is just a big hide and seek game because you're better off clearing the entire map of enemies before even picking up the objective.

give us a game that doesn't revolve around overcrowded 12v12 small maps with very few lanes and tons of frags and scopes, and servers that turn into FLO as soon as 13th player joins BDX.

bring back the old fog system as a major feature for maps (bridge, sandstorm, mout, etc) this is a major feature that enables maps and modes to just work far better than if the maps had clear sightlines (especially with all the scopes you're enabling)

why are some game sounds still tied to UI and Music instead of Combat audio?

why is my mouse cursor doing strange things 1/2 the time when i hit tab to open the scoreboard? like being locked and unresponsive, and having selected a random person on the scoreboard and highlighting their name...

why is it that if i choose rifleman after playing a bit with the DMR, that the rifleman role defaults to m16 with iron sights, instead of the m4 with aimpoint?

why can't i tell if a teammate is upstairs or downstairs relative to my position/elevation when i see their icon in the mini map?

why are enemy red dots still appearing in the mini map when they fire their gun?

why can i still see 3d icons of teammates through walls? when we have a mini map for such info...

why isn't the mini map showing a bigger portion of the overall map, so we don't need 3d icons?

why do we need steam guides for things like descriptions of rank, experience, coin, achievement, unlock stuff? why isn't there just a page on the in game main menu where you can get this info on progression, etc.

why are the shoothouse achievements working with steam but not unlocking for the aa website profiles?

where's the support for sound cards? my headset still feels like it just hears left and right. mostly in the rear, even when it is in fact in front as indicated by the teammate icon in the mini map.

you think this camo unlock system is fun and popular? the requirements are a joke. 500 kills with iron sights for m4 "expert"? boring. and only 20 hawkeyes and 1 deadeye? too easy. for expert, i'd rather need 100 hawkeyes and 100 with irons and 20 dead eyes... there is a section of achievements called "grind" keep the grind stuff there. make the actual weapon camo unlocks worth of the name (elite, expert, etc)

why is there even a server setting where servers can make it so you can't bleedout? you just get to zero health and you're somehow magically still alive and able to fight on. i'm even curious if the game even factors in things at 0% health such as bad accuracy that you get at low health...
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    - bring back the possibility to save admin passwords for servers.
    - also if the server is already full with players + spectators, the admins (or server owner) cant join in. There should be a possibility for admins still being able to join their own servers.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    edited October 2015
    Huge maps.
    Huge maps so that every Tom [TOS Violation] and Harry will not be able to memorize all the sniper positions, every corners and every camping spots. Huge maps ensure that no round is similar. And the timer for these maps should be something like 20 min.
    Having said that, I understand its not very simple to make. Been messing around the editor recently and using the editor made me realize its not easy to make maps.My respect for map-makers.