New Forum Layout

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It's fine for me on chrome.
    I switched to ublock origin a while back, enjoying it greatly.
    Running it w/ chrome I'm having no issues.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited October 2015
    Zu9JKeH.png

I get this in Chrome on my desktop machine with all blocking extensions paused. (Ghostery, uBlock Origin, Privoxy)

UserAgent string:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.71 Safari/537.36
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    People with overlapping text: what browser are you using?

Chrome. I would find it interesting if the Devs didn't test the forum/website on every major browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari)... especially since I believe Chrome is the most used browser in the world.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    Saccho wrote: »
    Zu9JKeH.png

I get this in Chrome on my desktop machine with all blocking extensions paused. (Ghostery, uBlock Origin, Privoxy)

UserAgent string:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.71 Safari/537.36

i get it with firefox. any size window on my desktop 1080p.

though mine isn't quite as smashed together as seen in that pic. it is still being overlapped by the comment box.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    The "online now" box starts shaking when i put my cursor on one of the names. Chrome.
    AAPG is good!
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited October 2015
    Zu9JKeH.png

UserAgent string:

I get that same glitch. I still don't like this forum theme.
    googley avatar aapg

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    Flatlander wrote: »
    The "online now" box starts shaking when i put my cursor on one of the names. Chrome.

I have that as well, the upscale of the space on mouseover around the name moves the box that makes it upscale thus cancelling the operation.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    The font should not affect nicknames by capitalizing letters.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    edited October 2015
    I use Firefox and Adblock off for aapg forums and have overlapping issues too. 1920x1080 res.

I like the theme but way too much empty space and font size is more appropriate for a retirement home.

This might help the website team for browser compatibility:

https://www.browserstack.com/screenshots
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I love the design of the forum, personally, I just don't like the width of the forum. It makes the posts horribly narrow and pages longer than they should be.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    Smaller default font size. Probably take it down a couple points.

The spacing between lines is way too much. Normal single spacing is all that's needed.

The width is way too small. I put my monitor resolution on 800x600 and it looked like it fit the way it's supposed to. News flash, 800x600 hasn't been a standard resolution for monitors in like 15 years. I can't imagine that anything less than 1366x768 is used anywhere with any kind of regularity. .. and even still, I doubt anyone who's going to play or potentially play this game has a resolution that low.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    I suspect the yellow highlights for new posts not always shows.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • HilabusterHilabuster Posts: 41Player
    Zu9JKeH.png

UserAgent string:

Thanks,

Admins, Mods, and Devs have an additional tool bar over the breadcrumbs that fixes the spacing issue for us. We try to look at everything with a standard user account but we missed this. It will be fixed pretty soon.
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Smaller default font size. Probably take it down a couple points.

The spacing between lines is way too much. Normal single spacing is all that's needed.

The width is way too small. I put my monitor resolution on 800x600 and it looked like it fit the way it's supposed to. News flash, 800x600 hasn't been a standard resolution for monitors in like 15 years. I can't imagine that anything less than 1366x768 is used anywhere with any kind of regularity. .. and even still, I doubt anyone who's going to play or potentially play this game has a resolution that low.

Thanks for your input... we are looking at font sizes and spacing, our designer will make some adjustments and we will implement them at some point...

The design is somewhat responsive. it should look good on most screens, but we will look at making it wider on larger screens. 15 years ago we couldn't flex our designs with a screen. In todays modern world we can adjust the layout to match almost any screen. So its not much of a news flash that it fit on your screen at 800x600.... Thank you for testing our responsiveness though.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    overlap issue here too,chrome. adblock disabled
    -Ner0- wrote: »

if it is a thread that you've never read, no yellow. if people keep adding to that thread it still won't show as yellow either.

only time you get the yellow to show is if you have previously viewed that thread.

-Ner0- wrote: »

if it is a thread that you've never read, no yellow. if people keep adding to that thread it still won't show as yellow either.

only time you get the yellow to show is if you have previously viewed that thread.

Now I learned something new, thanks. :)
    latest update.
    Would like to have new threads marked.
    latest update.
  • DWT|WOLFODST117*DWT|WOLFODST117* Posts: 29Player
    I REALLY LOVE THIS LAYOUT FEELS BETTER AND MORE USER FRIENDLY
    edited October 2015
    bug: the spacing creates a case where if you click/open a discussion... well it will automatically go to the newest unread post. okay. but the problem is the spacing on the website makes it so you can read the newest post, but it does not account for the big bar of space that holds the posters name, avatar, timestamp, etc... the page only shows the bottom half of this info. it is scrolled too far down so that we can not read WHO that post belongs to unless we scroll up.

example. click this link. http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/22164/#Comment_22164 you will notice that you will have to scroll up to actually view the name of the poster (me) because the site is only set to show the bottom half of the poster's header.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    There used to be a little 'Notification' icon thing at the top right that showed me how many people had replied to a topic that I'm either participated in, or have chosen to follow, now I don't seem to get any of that and am finding it really hard to keep up with whats been newly posted on the site since my last visit, nothing seems to be shown as 'new' and blend with all other topics.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.