Votekick option

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited October 2015
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    If this ever happens.. Poor admins who'll have to handle the countless accusations.

Never mind that. Just think of those TOS Violators giving up on aggravating us and instead spamming the "Admin Emergency Deployment" button. LOL. Talk about prank phone calls! But at least they will leave us alone.

So maybe make the button non-functional but make the violators think it's functional.
    googley avatar aapg

• ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
    edited October 2015
    This problem has been happening all over the game lately. It really is a shame that our hands were tied by removing the votekick option. There are a lot of people already resistant to some of the other changes in this game, and now with this team killing epidemic, I just wonder how many people are getting fed up and moving on to a different game. I will admit that my frustration level is through the roof at this point.
  • --JR----JR-- Posts: 25Player
    Time to avoid official servers like the plague...
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Time to play some more on official servers!
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    We are seeing this teamkilling bunch also on private servers lately..

I had to ban more ppl for teamkilling in the last week than I banned players in all open beta
  • The votekick system does not work well. I recall (quite often) that an entire clan would jump on a public server simply to troll and votekick people out, then leave an empty server (or to make room for other clan members).

There is less chance that the ROE system will be abused. Can it happen? Sure but compared to the votekick abuse, it doesn't even compare.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    unable to kick a guy that pulls out a nade or unloads m249 at start of each round... forcing us to shoot him each round start, resulting in game suiciding us for roe and accruing lot of bogus roe violations on the stats page... pretty lame situation that should not go on much longer without some changes asap.

• ryZen^ryZen^ Posts: 84Player
    edited October 2015
    unable to kick a guy that pulls out a nade or unloads m249 at start of each round... forcing us to shoot him each round start, resulting in game suiciding us for roe and accruing lot of bogus roe violations on the stats page... pretty lame situation that should not go on much longer without some changes asap.

+1
    destroya wrote: »
    Son.ek wrote: »
    Please do not bring back the votekick, I have been kicked more times because half the community does not like me and my team

I don't know that the community doesn't like "you" personally, maybe just your pings.

+1
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The first part of our ROE changes will be in the next update.
    This will (hopefully) much more effectively take care of trolls and protect players from trolls making new accounts to come back and troll again.

Obviously I'm not going to go into any real details, as the "how" just helps the enemy.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    The first part of our ROE changes will be in the next update.
    This will (hopefully) much more effectively take care of trolls and protect players from trolls making new accounts to come back and troll again.

Obviously I'm not going to go into any real details, as the "how" just helps the enemy.

brilliant

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited October 2015
    As a stopgap for now please feel free to contact me directly.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/thetots/

I check my steam often, and will come running to solve any server issues personally.
    Sadly I am only human and do still need sleep on occasion, but I will do all I can for you.

I am very serious about supporting this community and taking out these undesirable players.

EDIT: This is NOT a replacement for reporting the issue properly though. Give our admins a chance to fix this for you first. Send a ticket at americasarmy.com/support/abuse . Not only will that help us track problem players, but there are more guys than me out there who can come running to help.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    So again.. I have you to send a msg to, byt who else can be contacted to help protect servers?.. can we have a short list of steam accounts of these admins in power?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I'm guessing they'd prefer to keep their anonymity when having to do such tasks.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    Obviously you guys are having trouble monitoring and getting rid of these guys tking. The biggest problem with the votekick was it didn't require very many votes at all. If it was getting abused before there are a number of reasons why that was possible, #1 only your team could vote, #2 not everyone had to vote #3 if you started one before many people joined a team when the map loaded you didn't need much votes and I am sure there are many many other reasons why.

I know you guys love to just band-aid stuff instead of fixing but I think fixing votekick is quite simple.

In AA2 a votekick would be seen by both teams and both teams could vote therefore all players, and I am not 100% sure if everyone had to vote or if it need a certain % of majority but it worked very well on that game and was very hard to abuse it. Basically I am sure everyone is fine with votekick making a return as long as it requires everyone to vote or needs 80% of the players active(on a team in the server, not in spectate) to vote, can be seen by both teams, players can't see if they are being votekick so they can warn of false votekick, IE if I create a kick saying someone is idle but they are not before you wouldn't know because you don't know if your being kicked if you knew you could say something in voice chat and boom people don't vote, aaah such silly and easy features that AA2 had, but where are they in here? I have no idea. You guys so really look at the core mechanics of features that AA2 had it did a lot of stuff right. IE the votekick system, IE the ROE system, IE grenade roll, IE Simple team colors, simple scoreboard, maps that don't strain your eyes with all the garbage all over, or terrible color picking.

Also where is the ROE system? You should lose points for ROE, Also I guess you guys don't understand why this would fix so many things well here it is the major major reason as to why this would help so much. If someone tks someone in the first 15-30 seconds of the round(30 seconds is probably fair) they get automatically kicked from the server right now you just sometimes have said player killing themselves if they tk to much to earlier (very pointless and not hard to abuse). You should be able to go in minus points if you are a fresh account and a certain amount of minus points bans you from all servers.

Like removing the votekick system results in serious problems, and even more abuse than before. The whole point of removing the votekick system was to stop the abuse, But by removing it you have created more abuse than ever before. Right now if I am on an Official server and I have yet to run into a cheetah aimbotta or anything of that nature but I am sure I will one day I will have no choice but to leave the server unless I can get 10 people to Pb_kick # the guy which I highly doubt would be a success.

Stop with the quick simply band-aids and actually sit back and think of ways to fix something, and by removing this what problems will than pop up? How can we fix those problems? Like clearly you guys did not even think hey if we remove the votekick system that leaves people to teamkill as much as they want, leaving the players in the server getting abuse with two options leave the server and find a another or just quit the game because they are so annoyed.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    edited October 2015
    Losing points for ROE isn't a good idea considering how often ROE violations are either accidents or TKing someone for a legitimate reason (such as a real TKer or a blatantly obvious hacker). Sometimes they're even the fault - not the malicious fault - of the person who dies or gets shot.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Losing points for ROE isn't a good idea considering how often ROE violations are either accidents or TKing someone for a legitimate reason (such as a real TKer or a blatantly obvious hacker). Sometimes they're even the fault - not the malicious fault - of the person who dies or gets shot.

Why shouldn't you lose points for accidental tks? Also, if you can votekick, then there is no need to tk someone for a "legitimate" reason.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• ROE violation also reduces the run and gun mentality and increases the likelihood of tactical teamwork.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    ROE violation also reduces the run and gun mentality and increases the likelihood of tactical teamwork.

except overcrowded maps like 12v12 inner hospital, where you can't move without being in a teammate's way. 24 players is too many for a map that size with that few lanes.

everywhere you go in that map, you will often find 3 guys all trying to get an angle to watch the exact same spot. this is a constant situation where each of them get in the way of the other's line of sight to get a chance at seeing an enemy... also congests the area, making it more difficult to evade danger because you can't move without being blocked in that path to safety...

also really fun when throwing nades that hit the back of the head of teammates.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    ROE violation also reduces the run and gun mentality and increases the likelihood of tactical teamwork.

except overcrowded maps like 12v12 inner hospital, where you can't move without being in a teammate's way. 24 players is too many for a map that size with that few lanes.

everywhere you go in that map, you will often find 3 guys all trying to get an angle to watch the exact same spot. this is a constant situation where each of them get in the way of the other's line of sight to get a chance at seeing an enemy... also congests the area, making it more difficult to evade danger because you can't move without being blocked in that path to safety...

also really fun when throwing nades that hit the back of the head of teammates.

Which is why FLO and BDX should just be about the size of the map (if not be completely removed) and server operators should be able to put how many or few players as they want in each. Want 8v8? Go ahead. Want 10v10? Go ahead. What 4v4? Go ahead. Restricting maps to either 6v6 or 12v12 is one of the most odd gaming design choices that I've ever seen.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!