Best Frag Or K/d

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    What is not shown in stats is a person who 'chooses' to play on the losing team causing his W/L ratio to plummet but also playing well getting good KDR. For example, I enjoy being an underdog and ALWAYS join a losing team when possible.

To say you must be a camper to have a high KDR going by ones shoddy W/L ratio is simply a wrong assumption as that does NOT paint an accurate picture in 'every' case.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 767Player
    Even playing in a party, it's not that easy to manipulate certain stats. Speaking of legit players only, there are those who boost or whatever for stats.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    W/L ratio is easy playing as a party. Depends on the players ofc but if you have 6 decent players every official server is yours.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    I feel like everything being said here is common sense. KDR is just one indicator of a player's ability, not the whole picture.

Being kicked from a server for doing well is not a unique NA experience, it's happened to me and several others in EU servers as well. Let's not turn this into a NA vs EU thing but some of the things being said are quite comical.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I struggle to hold a 1:1, but when I'm getting hosed I don't leave, I stick it out to the bitter end. I'm sure I could ride some good matches to better KDR if I wasn't so stubborn about not letting the (*#&$^#$@$ get to me!!!

:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Everything is circumstantial. Literally, every stat could be subjective depending on how the light you shed on it. The only stat that matters is championships won. Checkmate :wink:

Seriously though. We've been down this path before. Quantifying skill is very difficult. Its hard to define what skill is. At the end of the day none of this matters. The more matches you win in competition (not pub) define how successful you are as a player. Thats as close to 'real' skill we can get. Or at least its the least diluted statistic and most consistent.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • So at the end stats are only indication but far from proving a player being better than the other..

1- what mission types you play
    2- against what type of players you play
    3- with what team you play

All these factors influence the outcome

I can agree with that 100%. I only have a .89 KD. why? because that's how she goes. I play anything and everything with anyone. Some matches I'm 22-5 some I'm 3-9. None of my matches are consistent so none of my stats are going to reflect any type of play style. I like winning matches with a team so my tactics change according to the situation.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    eKComm wrote: »
    Everything is circumstantial. Literally, every stat could be subjective depending on how the light you shed on it. The only stat that matters is championships won. Checkmate :wink:

Seriously though. We've been down this path before. Quantifying skill is very difficult. Its hard to define what skill is. At the end of the day none of this matters. The more matches you win in competition (not pub) define how successful you are as a player. Thats as close to 'real' skill we can get. Or at least its the least diluted statistic and most consistent.

I agree with most of what you are saying but comp isn't everything. Are you saying people who don't play competitive have no skill and are unsuccessful players? I believe you have to look at everything to know how good a player really is. That includes competition, stats (not only KDR, everything), and reputation/history. Just as an example, lets say "no name gaming" has a member that never starts but his/her team is the best team in the game and literally wins everything, is he/she one of the best players in the game? No.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    The other key stats that gunnzzy did not mention of he who shall not be named. Hours played (40). Kills (~6700) KDR 6.2.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    HAHA So around 160 kills per hour? Yeh he is definitely legit.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    The other key stats that gunnzzy did not mention of he who shall not be named. Hours played (40). Kills (~6700) KDR 6.2.

Gunnzy also forgot to mention his team kill / round ratio once he finds 3+ K/D ratio players,not shy to switch to their team and kill them every round followed by a unhealthy amount of trash talk.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I struggle to hold a 1:1, but when I'm getting hosed I don't leave, I stick it out to the bitter end. I'm sure I could ride some good matches to better KDR if I wasn't so stubborn about not letting the (*#&$^#$@$ get to me!!!

Couldn't agree more but for the simple reason of leaving just showing weakness. If you're a man you stay and play even if you lose. People ragequitting because their KDR is getting lower are sissies.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more but for the simple reason of leaving just showing weakness. If you're a man you stay and play even if you lose. People ragequitting because their KDR is getting lower are sissies.

And honestly I see this more from ppl who play above average (you see what I did there)
    True. If they are really getting so angry about it IRL it probably is better for them to leave but they shouldn't get that mad in the first place. Wouldn't even say it's people who play above average but rather people having above avarage stats. And with that we are back at the difference of players playing for KDR, players playing for fun and players playing to improve.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited October 2015
    I guess everybody plays initially for fun and to win...and all of us raged at some point.

I, for example, rage when a team does not play as team... I can go nuts when ppl run around without comms, without revives, without doing obj to camp corners to get that extra kill.

• [nrk]zmB-.-[nrk]zmB-.- Posts: 88Player
    Who cares about fragrate?
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    I feel like everything being said here is common sense. KDR is just one indicator of a player's ability, not the whole picture.

Being kicked from a server for doing well is not a unique NA experience, it's happened to me and several others in EU servers as well. Let's not turn this into a NA vs EU thing but some of the things being said are quite comical.

That was what I meant as well indeed.
    Also no need for EU vs NA because as long as there is no LAN event, you can never be 100% sure who is the best. And even if one team is the best, it's just for that moment.

Although I do want to scrim against NA again soon if possible, it's good practice because the playing style is absolutely different in EU. It's good to be prepared for both and learn from it.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • Yeah and I had 20 kd ratio on GFT server.. so? :)

Cant be true, in open beta they kick all players who shooted admin at leats ones and got over 1,5 kd ratio.
  • Yeah and I had 20 kd ratio on GFT server.. so? :)

Cant be true, in open beta they kick all players who shooted admin at least ones and got over 1,5 kd ratio.

• -[iG]-BlackDragon77-[iG]-BlackDragon77 Posts: 36Player
    edited October 2015

? Pressing Quote accidently no delete button??
This discussion has been closed.