New Forum Layout

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I liked the last theme better.

Make the fonts a bit smaller, especially in the thread browsing areas.
    Make the posting area bigger. I have a massive monitor and only like 50% of it is being used by this forum.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -[U|S|A]-SMILEY=)-[U|S|A]-SMILEY=) Posts: 35Player
    edited October 2015
    What is going on with the forums. During my first post (about a month ago, the forum was decent. I can understand a little darkening of the color. But the recent two changes has turned the forums into a wreck. The layout is too spread out and should be condensed in height.

There needs to be more contrast between the various dark shades. I liked the first layout. the second was still tolerable. This current layout is hideous.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Even though I hate "Vanilla" forum software, I like the new look! Whomever is in charge of web development: Thank You ! The site finally looks seamless between all the pages and sections. Before it was a mish mash but understandably so due to phpbb etc...

Don't forget about the HD player model renders and screenshots for the fansite kit too :wink:

Keep up the good work guys, hooah.
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    new "unread" discussions/topics with no replies yet... these are not given the yellow colored text to indicate it is "new/unread"

mousing over the "general discussion" text at the top of the forum does not change the mouse icon to indicate it is a link. (mousing over "home" to the left of it does though)

edited October 2015
    notifications do not show up in the top right as previous.

it doesn't even properly show up on the pullout menu on the top right side (which you have to manually open to even check for such a thing). i had a (1) next to the word profile. i went there. nothing. i then check the side panel again and there was a (1) next to the word notification... all of this extra button clicking is getting in the way, when it should be viewable without manual interaction whatsoever.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    You should make the main look just like the mobile site.. way nicer easier to read/distinguish between posts ...win

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    You should make the main look just like the mobile site.. way nicer easier to read/distinguish between posts ...win

Yeah, the mobile site is pretty good... although it would be nice if the quote function worked.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Oh god what happened???!

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2015
    Yeah quote would be good.. not this null crap

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited October 2015
    I don't like this theme at all. Forget Tapatalk. I don't use it. I have a 1080 screen for my PC and a 8 inch Tablet for casual communication and this just sticks in your face. And who wants "round" avatars? And now everyone is shouting in Bold. Plus, I have to super-scroll down the page to read everything. You are going to wear my scroll wheel out.

This forum needs an overhaul. Peeuuuw!
    googley avatar aapg

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    edited October 2015
    In addition to the in-game profile, don't forget an advanced search function. It's about time.

Besides cleaning a few things up, i'm fine with it good job.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited October 2015
    Clickable text need to be highlighted. Here's an example from another topic. Clickable text is invisible.

Bear_82 wrote: I've got the Knoll Life chair. Mine is about 10 years old, but still going strong; have had no issues with it. Back support is great, which is how I ended up with it. My then-employer had custom ordered one for an employee recovering from back surgery. He hated it, so I latched onto it. After about six months, I decided I needed one for home, so started searching. As I recall, at the time it retailed through Knoll for about $700; I paid about 1/2 that through Amazon. Current retail is about $1000; $400 on Amazon this morning.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
    yikes

latest update.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    There is no like button, and like others have said there are no notifications to tell when there are new posts to. Also don't know if its the font or contrast but this s***s hurting my eyes reading it.
    edited October 2015
    There is no like button, and like others have said there are no notifications to tell when there are new posts to. Also don't know if its the font or contrast but this s***s hurting my eyes reading it.

Miss like/dislike too, but I just saw a small notification from your post now (lower left corner).

Notifications needs to be clickable like it was before update so you can click it and go right to the post.
    latest update.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I think it complements the game quite nicely and much better looking than the prev one, I'm sure with feedback they will get all the kinks ironed out and it will be perfect. I really like the layout, font and color scheme used, anyway here is some things I have noticed so far..

- Emotes are entirely too big.
    - Like/Dislike buttons were a good thing, please consider re-adding them.
    - Spacing in some places is a little out of whack
    vfe5z.jpg

- Clickable link to my soldier profile on my profile username is no longer available.
    - Activity text (above Username] in a persons profile needs a color change as it belnds into the background color..
    2ij0wuv.jpg

- New topics people make do not have any sort of indication they are new.
    - Hyperlinks in peoples posts are same color as plain text and impossible to make out unless you mouse over.
    - Notifications on ones followed/participated topics are not popping up anywhere.
    - Add a link to the bug reporter on the forum, ideally in user menu sidebar?

Overall, I'm rather happy with the new skin :)

Two threads with the same title? or am I seeing things? whats happening :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    People with overlapping text: what browser are you using?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

In my previous post I quoted myself but it looks like one post.
    latest update.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Chrome myself, 1920x1080 resolution.

I have adblock which can cause layout issues on website/forums sometimes but have it disabled over all AA sites.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.