switching to 12v12 from 6v6 duo to spectators

Comments

• =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    Playing a 6v6 :) -> A couple spectators join -> match ends and goes to FLO :'( -> No one likes FLO, so most disconnect -> 2v2 on FLO map :|
    ---It wouldn't hurt to have a couple 6v6 dedicated Official Servers. Don't worry, there's still enough servers to have 10 full Inner Hospital matches running simultaneously... ;)
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    When is this ever going to change?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    edited October 2015
    SHAMELESS PLUG

I made the "iNvaders | Public | BDX" server... as you guessed it, BDX only. It runs with comp rules so no revives, shorter rounds, etc.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    I'm not surprised this is still an issue with the game.

really, you could just add this as your forum signature. it is applicable to the majority of threads. countless things keep occasionally resurfacing because they're never addressed.

the game has retention issues. new people try the game and find the same issues we've laid out countless times for the devs (over a period of actual years, which is insane)... things don't get addressed so people move on. it is like a revolving door. you'd think if the team wanted to improve retention they'd work on the door.... oh man, that might have even had a double meaning there... sorry.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    you'd think if the team wanted to improve retention they'd work on the door.... oh man, that might have even had a double meaning there... Sorry.

Any and every opportunity, Priceless :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Well What I don't understand is why we don't hear any comments from the devs. This is clearly a PROBLEM that has nothing to do with my PREFERENCE, you can literally count this as a bug.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    AliGator.. wrote: »
    you can literally count this as a bug.

http://bugreport.americasarmy.com/
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited October 2015
    TheTots wrote: »
    you can literally count this as a bug.

http://bugreport.americasarmy.com/

Touche. I have officially posted my first bug. Also, where can I find this form if I didn't have the link? I don't see it anywhere. Just wondering if it's hard for me to see it, it might be hard for others as well.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

It was in the launcher, and will be again with the next update.

When we changed over the website it got lost in translation.

Thanks for reporting it!

Another fun thing just happenend which is a bit related to this discussion. So 4 people voted to replay the same map (option #1), and another 4 people wanted to to play option #3, the map switched to option #2 with ZERO votes. Is that also a bug that I need to report?
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Another fun thing just happenend which is a bit related to this discussion. So 4 people voted to replay the same map (option #1), and another 4 people wanted to to play option #3, the map switched to option #2 with ZERO votes. Is that also a bug that I need to report?

I've heard of this but have yet to have it happen to me. Previous map was 4 votes inner was 4 votes other map was 0 votes it went to Inner the next map no problem.

Is this maybe a user server bug? That does not happen on officials? or is it happening for you on officials as well?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

This was on an official server.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player

Vote was a draw and next map in rotation loaded.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'm not surprised this is still an issue with the game.

really, you could just add this as your forum signature. it is applicable to the majority of threads. countless things keep occasionally resurfacing because they're never addressed.

the game has retention issues. new people try the game and find the same issues we've laid out countless times for the devs (over a period of actual years, which is insane)... things don't get addressed so people move on. it is like a revolving door. you'd think if the team wanted to improve retention they'd work on the door.... oh man, that might have even had a double meaning there... sorry.

And then people come in asking for a new medic system and all kinds of features they can think of. Where's my like button? ..
    -Ner0- wrote: »

Thinking about it logically it makes no sense to me. No one on the server wanted to play option #2. I thought the purpose of the voting at the end was to see what people want to play for the next match.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player

Thinking about it logically it makes no sense to me. No one on the server wanted to play option #2. I thought the purpose of the voting at the end was to see what people want to play for the next match.

it makes perfect sense actually. if the vote is a draw the system cant decide which map should be played so it takes the next one in rotation which is the second map in vote screen.

it makes perfect sense actually. if the vote is a draw the system cant decide which map should be played so it takes the next one in rotation which is the second map in vote screen.

Exactly this.

So 8 out of 12 people want option #1 & #3, and 4 people don't care. I understand the "system" chooses option #2 but I was wondering if that is the right decision. ANYWAYS this can stay the same as long as servers stay on BDX? deal?
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Would make the most sense if it were the following:
    If tie vote:
    Option 1 & 2, take option 2
    Option 1 & 3, take option 3.
    Option 2 & 3, take option 2
    Option 1, 2, & 3, take option 2.

Pretty much don't replay the next map and take next map over the following map.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Add a fraction of a vote to each option before doing the comparison.
    Replay: +0.1, Next: +0.3, Next next: +0.2.
    Cleanly breaks any ties, easily extends to any number of listed maps, follows whatever precedence is specified, doesn't require any code logic beyond "use the choice with highest vote count".