Bad new things - Beta was better!!

1235»

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited October 2015
    If PB kick was known it would cause the same issue. As for private servers some people prefer map rotation over 24/7 inner only. Not as easy as you think.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    I have said it before.

I used to get kicked twice a day.
    What else can I say?
    The Devs did something great.
    You have to understand that mate.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    -$korpeoN- wrote: »
    Thanks for the explanation, TheTots. I don't handle the complaints, so you would know better than me. I still don't agree with it. As far as I'm concerned, it was a useful tool. Maybe it could be modified like Whiplash said. I would like to hear your take on the new map voting system. I do not know why we are limited to 3 choices that we have no control over, 1 of which is always the same map!

The choices are always play the same map, play the next map, or play the map after that. It's certainly not a bad system, although I guess a 4th map would make things a bit more interesting. People rarely want to replay the same map, so it's typically a vote between the next map and the map after that.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    edited October 2015
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    If PB kick was known it would cause the same issue. As for private servers some people prefer map rotation over 24/7 inner only. Not as easy as you think.

I'm just saying PB kick can still be used if there is a legitimate problem. I guess its more difficult for you guys across the pond. Since the time difference and everything. I don't know the ratio of NA to EU players.
  • -$korpeoN--$korpeoN- Posts: 20Player
    edited October 2015
    The problem happens when the next two maps are 12 vs 12 and everyone in the server wants to keep it 6 vs 6. Then we are forced to play the same map to keep it 6 vs 6. Why can't we just nominate any map so it's not so restricting?
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    edited October 2015
    The problem happens when the next two maps are 12 vs 12 and everyone in the server wants to keep it 6 vs 6. Then we are forced to play the same map to keep it 6 vs 6. Why can't we just nominate any map so it's not so restricting?

What if there was another possible solution to this problem? It's not exactly a novel idea but hear me out, BDX only servers. :open_mouth:
    I have said it before.

I used to get kicked twice a day.
    What else can I say?
    The Devs did something great.
    You have to understand that mate.
    Playing from India, you were most likely getting kicked for ping. If you think doing something great entails giving cover to high pingers and cheaters, you are right!
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    There was no ping rules in Official severs, so kick for high ping was abuse.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    There's nothing wrong with map times as is but the start-round time is agonizingly longgggg. Drop it to 25-30 seconds.
    googley avatar aapg

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »

Correct.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player

This is actually an issue that comes up somewhat frequently. We usually replay the map once and then everyone leaves since they do not want to play FLO.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    Correct.
    I never said that getting kicked for high ping was legitimate. I was just speculating on why he was probably kicked. Twice a day seems like a lot. Just because there are no ping rules in official servers doesn't mean that there shouldn't be. I know you have your heels dug in on this and I am not going to change your mind or even try to. The ping discussion is on a different thread. Now can we nominate from all maps to be played? Please? Is all voting out and never coming back? If so, you really should remove it from the menu.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited October 2015
    Correct.
    I never said that getting kicked for high ping was legitimate. I was just speculating on why he was probably kicked. Twice a day seems like a lot. Just because there are no ping rules in official servers doesn't mean that there shouldn't be. I know you have your heels dug in on this and I am not going to change your mind or even try to. The ping discussion is on a different thread. Now can we nominate from all maps to be played? Please? Is all voting out and never coming back? If so, you really should remove it from the menu.

If the game developers think ping rules isn't necessary, I trust them.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • As I've said, the 12v12 servers should only have 12v12 maps; which applies to the 6v6. There are so many servers that only play inner hospital. That's not the issue with Official Servers. Official servers SHOULD rotate maps so that they can show all the different maps possible in the game. However people choose a certain sized server not because of the map type; it is because of the map size.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    Is all voting out and never coming back? If so, you really should remove it from the menu.

There are people playing who think vote kicks are enabled after a certain honor and that's why they are greyed out :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I surprisingly have no complaints as of this time. Well done.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • K!DzToddler.Flixxer-.13K!DzToddler.Flixxer-.13 Posts: 40Player
    edited October 2015
    For me the sound is just an issue... have played mainly without sound. But ghe times i could use the speakers i did find the sound very muffled.. still getting used to how the weapons work
  • |2R.Entengott|2R.Entengott Posts: 2Player
    So since I've had the time to try out the full release I want to add my two cents to the whole discussion.

I've been playing the game since it became open beta and have seen a ton of changes. Some huge updates that changed a lot of stuff and smaller updates that changed just a few things or fixed some bugs.
    One thing about this game is that it always has been buggy, but that was ok since it was a beta and a beta is for testing and such.

Now the game is finally "released" but it is still a buggy mess.

The game still crashes, the performance has improved a bit but is still subpar for an UE3 game.
    We still have bugs that have been there for ages and probably will be there 3 years from now on.
    Just as an example 2 game crashes, spectator bugs, and voice chat not working. And this was just on my last session....

The funny part though is that I still hope that we will get a stable and more or less bug free version someday...

So here is a plea towards the devs for future updates:
    -Fix the performance issues
    -Solve the crashing issues of the game and the [TOS Violation] launcher(pls its driving me nuts, because the launcher was stable at some point in the past)
    -fix the bugs before you add new content
    -tweak the sound(you can hear everything up to 2 miles away even if somebody pulls the pin of a fricking nade, but very often I cannot hear an enemy running if he is behind a wall that is right next to me)
    -and for the love of god pls stop changing the aim with every patch(I know it had to change with the new weapons, but in the past it also changed with almost every patch).

Gameplay wise the game is ok. I have problems adjusting myself towards the new gameplay, but that will change with time. I liked the aim from the old beta more, but thats just my personal preference.
    The actual gameplay feels a lot more fluid(apart from some performance issues).
    Some changes to the old maps are really welcome(For example the changes to crossfire, that you cannot nade into the objective room from above anymore etc.)
    The sound is also ok for my taste in terms of how it sounds(but as mentioned above really needs some tweaking).
    I do like the weapon designs and (even though I haven't played it as much) really like Overload. Its a really unique map that feels fresh and fun, so I'd like to see some more maps like this in the future.
  • Rex_(BasilisK)Rex_(BasilisK) Posts: 20Player
    edited October 2015
    Whats with all the fuss with high pings and kicking? I mostly play at 100+ pings and often find myself at the top of the scoreboard, and I've never had to be kicked. There might be some minor lag issues but the rest seems to be quite good actually. No complaints from my side. Crashes can be fixed with 64 bit windows.