switching to 12v12 from 6v6 duo to spectators

So I'm a 6v6 player. I like to play BDX ONLY. Unfortunately servers are setup in a way that if there is even ONE spectator present, the options change into 12v12 maps only at the end of the set. I don't understand this and it is extremely frustrating. If I wanted to play 12v12s, I would go to a server that is already on a 12v12 map. I understand the need to change from BDX to FLO when there are 5-6 spectators, but when there is only 1-2 it is absolutely unnecessary.
ss_4_AliGator...png

Comments

• Moridin63Moridin63 Posts: 70Player
    There are BDX only servers.
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    I guess I'm referring to official servers.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

Hmm, I know there used to be one or two BDX only official servers, I don't play BDX so I don't know if there are currently any running.
    So this happened literally 5 seconds ago. I'm playing in ORD23 and the server has 12 active players with 1 idle spectator, we are playing springstreet. The set is finished and the options are downtown and overload, this makes absolutely no sense to me, and we are playing springstreet again right now.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• @gentDeath@gentDeath Posts: 15Player
    Hmm, I didn't realize it's due to spectators, or rather I'm not sure if that's the case. It just appeared that it would eventually force you to either replay the same map 3 times (Which we've done to avoid going 12v12) and then it will give 6v6 options again, however I never noticed there were spectators when this happened. I agree. I hardly ever see 6v6 servers populated. I think there should be some 6v6 servers only, or at least set up a proper voting system, which in my opinion worked well in Open beta.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Yeah, as far as I always recall, it's 6v6 until a 13th player joins the server. Then it automatically kicks to 12v12.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited October 2015
    And another issue is that spectators never get kicked. The same guy has been idle in spectators for 3-4 sets now and that forces the server to switch to 12v12s. This ultimately killed the server because we got tired of not being able to play BDX.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

Yeah.. spectators need to be auto kicked after a certain amount of time, just like idle kick after you join a team.
    Also, when a set is finished, some people usually leave. So most of the time you end up playing a FLO map with like 10 people. It also seems to be downtown and overload as options every time this happens.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    AliGator.. wrote: »
    Also, when a set is finished, some people usually leave. So most of the time you end up playing a FLO map with like 10 people. It also seems to be downtown and overload as options every time this happens.

Could be worse, Your options could be FLO_Hospital_EX and FLO_InnerHospital_EX.

Jokes aside, i feel it needs some tweaking. but at the same time, theres only so much room to add vote options. I think we all see the issue, but does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

Here is a solution:

If there are less than 16 people in the server (so up to 3 spectators), the 3 options for the next set should be BDX, with an additional 4th option which would be an FLO map (in case a lot of people are in favor of a FLO map).

Anything over 15 people the map choices should be FLO (since there are at least 4 people spectating) BUT since some people usually leave at the end of a set, there should be a 4th option for a BDX map.

This is a simple way of making everyone happy, I currently see so many servers that are 12/24 or 13/24 which really sucks for people who want to play BDX maps.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• I would like there to be two feature changes about this:

- Official servers stay 12v12 or 6v6. So often I see people being forced to leave (automatically) because the next map changes from a 12v12 to a 6v6. People who want to play either will go to a server that caters to that demand anyway. But really, you are punishing players by changing the map size each match.

- I would like to see that 2-4 spectators are allowed per type (6v6/12v12) without affecting the server type.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited October 2015
    I'm not surprised this is still an issue with the game.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    The adaptive server setting is stupid. The servers should be 6v6 or 12v12. I hate when the server switches to FLO when I'm in the mood for BDX just because of that one guy in spec.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,517Player
    bScaleWithNumPlayers=true
    Change it to false
    AAPG\AAGame\Config\AAGame.ini
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    I would if i controlled the officials, but alas I don't.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I would if i controlled the officials, but alas I don't.

You forgot the bunny ears, quotations, lol's and anything else to be like oh why didnt I think of that solution oh that's right because it's official servers. You know the ones that are populated and players don't get banned for being too good? ha

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Love this feature. . Having a great 6v6 game for once, 2 spectators come..map switches to lfo even though 3 players at end of round left and now you're left to play a Flo map 6v5 lol resulting in everyone leaving.. this is Killing 6v6 servers right now.. please fix

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Just finished a match on siege (BDX) and there were NO spectators present, ZERO. Guess what were the next two maps? Downtown and Overload. This happened on an official server (ORD 13).
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited October 2015
    Love looking at the server lists..mostly 12v12 servers... (mainly becasue of issue stated in this thread)...90% playing inner..so sad so many nubs in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw