Battletracker

Comments

• -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    Thats just the way the cookie crumbles. You cant penalize everyone that leaves mid game to correct it. So stat wise (For match recording) its like they never played it.
  • -[iG]-BlackDragon77-[iG]-BlackDragon77 Posts: 36Player
    edited October 2015
    What about ppl leaving last round for stats padding when they are about to lose a match? Has this been fixed?

I saw that last days also, we lost couple matches and they stayed. When their side loose they left server or went spectating last round in the match. Then no one cant take screenshot that they loose( i think that was what they fear) or the loosing stats are not trackked. That how they faking stats (win/loose ratio) . They are flaming so hard when their side win and posting screenshots on forums and make killing videos but when they loose they make sure there is no evidence on that! LOL so childish. Same guys are crying håckers and cheåters... but making fake stats its CHEÅTING also... Come on its just game... If you wanna show how good you are play competive!
    I'm honestly baffled at this point.

There are two minuscule stats affected by that. Those Stats are Matches Completed and Matches one.

The kills, deaths, round loss, infact EVERYTHING ELSE IS STILL TRACKED!.

Stop Crying about this. Its just the way it works. If you don't finish you don't get credit for being there. This is how its supposed to work.

Loose the tunnel vision people!
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited October 2015
    Well
    I'm honestly baffled at this point.

There are two minuscule stats affected by that. Those Stats are Matches Completed and Matches one.

The kills, deaths, round loss, infact EVERYTHING ELSE IS STILL TRACKED!.

Stop Crying about this. Its just the way it works. If you don't finish you don't get credit for being there. This is how its supposed to work.

Loose the tunnel vision people!

You still get credit for rounds won, and your kills but your win match ratio is fake..
    Refer to the bold text in my post. I'll reiterate.
    If you don't finish you don't get credit for being there. This is how its supposed to work.
    Well I don't know why you are not familiar with this problem but it's not a minuscule issue when suddenly 4 5 players leave the game to keep their fake match win ratio high..

Well I don't know why you are not familiar with this problem but it's not a minuscule issue when suddenly 4 5 players leave the game to keep their fake match win ratio high..

So everyone should record a loss when they leave early? How is that any more fair?

Whats the solution here?

Allow me to answer, There isn't one.

Again...

If you don't finish you don't get credit for being there. This is how its supposed to work.

You didn't win, you didn't loose. The match was never completed. It does not Enhance or Harm your match win ratio.
    I think there should be a system tracking this which can apply penalties (i.e if a player constantly leaves on last round while losing)
    Also this is not impossible to apply as you stated.

The similar penalties I wish for friendly fire and tk which reduces kd ratio
    I think there should be a system tracking this which can apply penalties (i.e if a player constantly leaves on last round while losing)
    Also this is not impossible to apply as you stated.

The similar penalties I wish for friendly fire and tk which reduces kd ratio

Ok great, now were off the complaining and moving forward to a solution. Love it!

Thing is, that's too much work for adding penalties to players that leave to much. Its hard to tell why people have to leave.

But. "The similar penalties I wish for friendly fire and tk which reduces kd ratio". Your warm, i don't think it should effect KDR, it should make the loose XP imo. Like ALOT.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Its not a matter of why the player leaves. Its a matter of how much they played. At the end of the day, if a player has played at least 50% (arbitrary) of the match then they should get the loss counted. Conversely, a player that has played at most 50% (arbitrary) of the match should not get the win counted. This should be the case no matter if they left early, left and came back, or joined late.

The basic idea is that for a player to be charged with a win or loss then it should really be based on how many rounds they had a hand in deciding the fate of.

Again, its not a matter of why. Theres also not much of any computation that has to be done to determine the percentage of rounds a player has participated in. This is the best solution because it does not assume or guess. It follows a simple rule that makes sense.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    How I would solve it: include a "disconnected" category. Your match win percentage is wins/(wins+losses+disconnects).

Disconnect stats don't have the full stigma of losses for legitimate reasons to leave early. Disconnecting will no longer pad a player's win rate.

It's all just stats vanity anyway, but this seems like a simple, fair, intuitive way to handle it. Everybody would know exactly what it means if somebody wins half their matches and disconnects the other half.
    edited October 2015
    Saccho wrote: »
    How I would solve it: include a "disconnected" category. Your match win percentage is wins/(wins+losses+disconnects).

Disconnect stats don't have the full stigma of losses for legitimate reasons to leave early. Disconnecting will no longer pad a player's win rate.

It's all just stats vanity anyway, but this seems like a simple, fair, intuitive way to handle it. Everybody would know exactly what it means if somebody wins half their matches and disconnects the other half.

So someone whose internet drops get penalized?

Again, its never going to be fair to every, so i see no need to change it. Penalizing players for elements out of their control is never the answer for exploiters.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Someone is also penalized for bad internet if they stutter and can't aim well as a result, right?

It's an accurate representation of whether you can depend on a player to make it through the match. If somebody's dropping frequently enough that it's got a significant impact on their stats, that's an issue they need to address to have a decent experience anyway.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Well, I have some weird connection issues causing me to drop before losing matches. Whenever I win my net seems stable. So the suggested change would penalize me as well as make others think I'm doing it on purpose. That's discriminating!!!

Holy, this topic.. Who even cares about match winning ratio?
    obviously a lot of players... but we cant name names here now can we :)
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    edited October 2015
    Disconnects being penalized is silly. What if I play like 2 rounds and then something comes up and I have to go? I should be penalized?
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    no you shouldnt, but if you joined lets say last round and to the winning team, that match shouldnt count to your won matches.. or when you played all rounds but the last one and left while losing.. the outcome should count as matches lost..

let the dev figure out the exact algorithm for it. Something between what Saccho and ekcomm suggested would do fine IMO
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited October 2015
    i just hope they come up with something in the future. anything is better than the aa.com profile and career page.
    -
    i mean the team is lacking a web designer with any sort of time to check his work. tell me why the following is a thing:
    -
    if you view the new aa.com "career stats" in a web browser, Maximized the browser in FULL SCREEN, then the 7 boxes are a somewhat decent size (about 3 inches wide each on my 24" 1080 monitor)
    -
    okay. now try this...
    -
    view the same webpage in a smaller sized window (browser window not fully maximized). try lowering the width of the browser window to about 13 inches...

for unknown reason... then the 7 boxes are upscaled to be so MASSIVE that you can only see 2/7 boxes and requires serious mouse scrolling to view all 7... i mean these 3 inch boxes are now 6 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall each!?!? each box with a single bit of data... it is horrendous.
    -
    the "recent achievements" have the exact same issue. very small in full screen, but extremely massive if viewing browser not fully maximized... it is insane.
    -
    -
    the website scale is broken if viewed in a window less than 13.5 inches wide...

Its Called "Responsive" It adapts to the resolution of the viewport. Try viewing it on a phone...
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    its a big mistake... forcing people with a 1920 pixel wide monitor to use nearly the entire monitor just to view this website properly... that is broken webpage design.
    -
    by choice, my browser window is typically 12" wide on my desktop, so i can use the rest of my desktop real estate for simultaneously using/monitoring other applications, side by side with the browser...
    -
    it is very rare that i come across a website that doesn't scale perfectly fine with a 12" window. most websites have nothing on the left and right of the webpage beyond about 12"... because accessibility...
    -
    aa's site completely fails at scaling elements to window size smaller than 13.75" wide. that's broken.
    -
    this issue is also present on the main americasarmy.com page, and the americasarmy.com/aapg page. at about 13.5" wide window, the news articles or what have you are overlapping each other, not properly spaced apart from one another... or change to that super massive size and then those boxes cover up all the other info on the page that is coded in the background...