Why are the enemy weapons Russian?

2»

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited October 2015
    Thanks, So it seems they were not affiliated to any persons in the real world and were also fictional.

I don't know much about where AA started, I can't seem to find a storyline to the game unless it never had one? In any case.. I wonder why they do not proudly display the awards and plaudits the game has received over the years and use that pride to push a big emphasis on new people trying today's AA.

Never had a story. The came came out in 2002. This was not long after the start of the war in Afghanistan (and soon to be Iraq). It was designed to be a PR tool and help with recruitment. Besides online, the game was distributed at Army recruiting stations and such. Based on the conflicts at the time, the enemy had more of a middle eastern terrorist influence. As such, it was all people needed. I remember even reading somewhere that AA 2.0 was to be based around Special Forces because the Army had a need to increase the amount of people in SF units, so they wanted people to become educated and hopefully join up.

AA3 came out in 2009. By that point the country had tired (turned against) the wars in the Middle East, Obama was president and our country had become more PC if anything (I'd say it's even worse now). As such, it probably made more sense for the Army to decide to change the direction of the game to a more fictional conventional army.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    I know the AA3/AAPG story well, Infact I did some research a long time ago and a UMM of mine borrowed a place name after one of the locations in fictional Czervenia.. for extra authenticity of course :)

2ppbn5x.jpg

Thanks for the answers Whip :wink:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Mor Zo Grakozhia still resembles the Adriatic Sea.
    googley avatar aapg

• The reason the AK style weapon is associated with Russia is because that design was made by Mikhail Kalashnikov (a Russian General) and and that look is very unique. Only to a trained/seasoned person (and not general population) would one know the difference between the gun being Russian or another nations derivative.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Because calling them "Czervanians" instead of "Russians" makes it politically correct. :D

Pretty much it. Same reason why DC comics had to make up a whole bunch of fake Islamic countries to avoid offending anymore.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • TargetDroneTargetDrone Posts: 1Player
    I am guessing the Czervanian weapons are just skins for the actual weapons (M4/16...) that the enemy team is using
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    It's a bit more complicated than that. The M4 displays with an AK105 skin when viewed by an enemy and vice versa. When an enemy picks up your M4, the game gives them a distinct AK105 object that has different properties. It's no longer just a skin difference at that point.