Bad new things - Beta was better!!

Comments

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    edited October 2015
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »
    i don't cry,as a fact i don't care,just telling what i see.Map is too big for 4 minutes and 24 people thats all i'm saying.

Yeah man I'm not sure where you thought I was calling you out. I was just doing the same, telling what I see.

Honestly I think a simple flip of spawns would do wonders for hospital. Assault now gets to the flag first. Once there they can go in any direction, keeping all routes still valid. Then we'll be spending more time running or defending the flag instead of just rushing to chokepoints. That to me is what makes those kind of maps good. Assault actually spends their time coordinating the extract- the flag helping new players to determine the best route. Noob not sure where to go? Follow the flag. Now, it's noob not sure where to go? Try that corner nope experienced player prefire, noob try that corner nope nade in the face. And when they do die they do so helping the team get the flag out instead of just trying to get a grasp on the nuances of each little corner.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    wasn't directed at you,there were some "funny" comments from so called pro players thinking i'm crying here for more time.
  • flubbyflubby Posts: 50Player
    i don't cry,as a fact i don't care,just telling what i see.Map is too big for 4 minutes and 24 people thats all i'm saying.

4 minutes is good, it'll be over quicker and you can move to a better map
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    flubby wrote: »

4 minutes is good, it'll be over quicker and you can move to a better map

It sound like a pain.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    You "pro" guys who have your own TS and work out strategies together BEFORE playing the important match seem to lack not only the sympathy for other types of players, but also the vision to understand the causes of some of this stuff. You''re all just too good.

Totally random strangers pressed for time in a server are going to rush forward....or camp...with precious little planning, communication or common sense. Why? Because they don't have the advantages you do.

WHEN....I repeat WHEN....are guys supposed to talk to these strangers and work out a useful team strategy and understand their role? Before the 5 second timer? As they are running forward? When?

The idea that a disorganized fighting force without comms can come up with a useful plan or just learn it all by osmosis is a pretty big stretch.

When did your gaming REALLY take off? I bet it was when you started talking to other good players in a clan atmosphere. I'd love to see some way for the new guys to be exposed to what is possible when you communicate and work together. For now, they are too busy trying to learn without looking foolish and taking heat from the 'pros.'
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    You "pro" guys who have your own TS and work out strategies together BEFORE playing the important match seem to lack not only the sympathy for other types of players, but also the vision to understand the causes of some of this stuff. You''re all just too good.

Totally random strangers pressed for time in a server are going to rush forward....or camp...with precious little planning, communication or common sense. Why? Because they don't have the advantages you do.

WHEN....I repeat WHEN....are guys supposed to talk to these strangers and work out a useful team strategy and understand their role? Before the 5 second timer? As they are running forward? When?

The idea that a disorganized fighting force without comms can come up with a useful plan or just learn it all by osmosis is a pretty big stretch.

When did your gaming REALLY take off? I bet it was when you started talking to other good players in a clan atmosphere. I'd love to see some way for the new guys to be exposed to what is possible when you communicate and work together. For now, they are too busy trying to learn without looking foolish and taking heat from the 'pros.'

perfectly put :)
  • I've found that even in the beta, the maps were bleak and I would be tweaking my gamma to the top from Windows.

As for everyone complaining about comms being abused, I think there is a feature called mute.... learn to use it.

Personally for me, this game seems to be smoother and better performance, increased grphix than the earlier beta.

As for sounds being scratchy, I'm using a basic USB plantronics foam headset (not surround sound) and it's clear. Either you audio drivers need to be updated or your headset/speakers need to be replaced. The alternative option is maybe you need to tweak your audio settings. As for the environment echo/reverb, I've felt that this has been an issue from the start and they should be cutting it down.
  • ]TDF[Buster]TDF[Buster Posts: 21Player
    The only part of the OP"s list I agree with is the Hip fire.. in my opinion the hip fire is much easier to control and down a target than ADS
  • -$korpeoN--$korpeoN- Posts: 20Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Let me edit your list to make it more realistic.
    -kick vote removed (finally can play in peace without random idiots votekicking, new players get a chance to play)
    Are you out of your mind? "idiots" cannot go around votekicking, the whole team has to vote on it. I guess you think teamkilling and verbal abuse on the servers are a lesser evil than "random idiots votekicking" which doesn't happen anyway.
    The devs have really taken a good tool that helps gameplay a lot.
    I would also add the mapvoting is now a joke. You get the choice to play the same map or two choices (many times you HAVE to play the same map or go to FLO) Why can't the players decide which map to play and be able to choose from them all?

edited October 2015
    There was a lot of vote abuse
    1. Because you are good ("cheating")
    2. Last person in the "wrong" place.
    3. Talk to much.
    4. Kick to make room for clan member.
    5. Want the sniper you have.
    6. You are noob.
    7. High ping.
    latest update.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    -$korpeoN- wrote: »
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Let me edit your list to make it more realistic.
    -kick vote removed (finally can play in peace without random idiots votekicking, new players get a chance to play)
    Are you out of your mind? "idiots" cannot go around votekicking, the whole team has to vote on it. I guess you think teamkilling and verbal abuse on the servers are a lesser evil than "random idiots votekicking" which doesn't happen anyway.

Of course they can, it has happened many times to me. Usually about 3+ guys playing together and getting others to press yes as well. Since it's mostly beginners on offcial servers those sometimes also just press yes without thinking.

Yes, I indeed do think so. Didn't see any intentional teamkilling since the change and verbal abuse is a joke as well, there is a mute button for a reason.
    I have about 2000 hours on the beta and I have never had it happen to me. Not once. They fixed an imaginary problem and took more of the control of the game out of our hands. If you haven't seen team killers get kicked then you are playing a different game than me. It is a daily experience for those of us that play. And since cheating is rampant the anti cheat in this game does not work at all, we can't votekick obvious cheaters either. I guess that's ok.
    edited October 2015
    Looking at your KDR I see why you never did. It's not meant as an offense but this was/is definitely an issue for some players. Once you get your name known it gets even worse as well. Once you give people power, they will abuse it.
    edited October 2015
    -$korpeoN- wrote: »
    I have about 2000 hours on the beta .

Open beta 691 H 5 M

Steam 1,251 H
    latest update.
    edited October 2015
    I once watched a player choke everyone on the opposite team and never moved from his place in our spawn. Needless to say, we won every round. It also sucked. He was votekicked and we were able to play. Now he will be allowed to stay and I will have to find another server. It was our only option, since the anti c-h-e-a-t on this game is worthless. I wont ever post here again. Don't reply to this. I hate censorship especially when it's unnecessary. Deleting my posts is [mod edit]. Thanks for not being condescending and thank you for protecting us from ourselves. We just can't handle such power. We abuse it. Now get busy and delete this post. Goodbye.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    While you personally may not have experienced VK abuse it was an issue.
    The quantity of daily reports of the feature being abused greatly outweighed the benefits and so we made the decision we did.

It was, unfortunately, an extremely abused system. We are working hard to figure out the best way to handle these things going forward.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

You saw it once in your 2000 hours of playing. Now let me tell you how many times I got kicked in my 200000 hours of playing. There is always 2 sides.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I know it may still have potential to be abused, but why not make it so that 3 people need to initiate a vote against a player in order to bring up a vote kick. Of course this could still make people who are in cahoots with each other initiate votes, but it would also help prevent guys from just initiating a vote because they don't like a guy and then suddenly everyone presses "Yes" because they just feel like it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Thanks for the explanation, TheTots. I don't handle the complaints, so you would know better than me. I still don't agree with it. As far as I'm concerned, it was a useful tool. Maybe it could be modified like Whiplash said. I would like to hear your take on the new map voting system. I do not know why we are limited to 3 choices that we have no control over, 1 of which is always the same map!
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    edited October 2015
    It is still Possible to PB kick someone correct? maybe if more people knew about this feature when there was a legitimate threat you could do something about it. Most of the vk on servers where just bs very few times they were useful. Ive said it once and ill say it a thousand more times if you don't like it play on private servers that take care of the [mod edit] and you wont have to worry about it.