Cant get people to let go of sniper rifle

2»

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Problem is its such an exclusive gun when you finally get your hands on it you want to play it for a little while, I've got it one round then been asked that very same round if I can pass it on :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Problem is its such an exclusive gun when you finally get your hands on it you want to play it for a little while, I've got it one round then been asked that very same round if I can pass it on :lol:

One of the many reasons I wanted it OUT of the game. The EBR is sufficient for sniping. Or put back the ACOG on the M4 and see how many people keep using the M24.
    googley avatar aapg

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    Just don't let @-miKey.iNv- get a hold of it. Played a pub with him on Springstreet and it was a massacre. He outscored me using an M4, and I had over 20 kills...
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    "GoA wrote:
    z!o[N]cya[;20625"]Well, what would be the solution? Min score on shoot-house to unlock t sniper? A mandatory training? High Honor / highpoints choose first? (AA2 style)

Maybe some sort of formula which involves rank/honor, shoot house score, and some other variables. Unfortunately, since there's a disconnect from map to map (teams and map reload), using prior game's score wouldn't be the greatest way to go.

Rank doesn't reflect how competent you are, only how much XP you've acquired. Shoot house score doesn't translate into the actual game either. Those 'other' variables would have to be something amazing to decide who'd be best fitted to get first dibs. What Neccabo mentions from AA3 sounds like the only reasonable option if any.

All of this ignores the fact that having a competent sniper is far from a must when it comes to winning the match, if the team is capable to win it can do so wether or not that one special someone does have the sniper or not because that special someone will still have an m4 at the least and the m4 isn't a lost cause anymore when it comes to challenging the sniper. The perks of that high powered optic is negated by the way the m24 now handles. Yes, cheap kills can be had from camping a corner and waiting for someone to put their head out but the same goes for every single weapon. The only difference is that it's pretty much all the m24 is good for at its current state.

Besides, who cares so deeply about winning in pub servers?

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    Just don't let @-miKey.iNv- get a hold of it. Played a pub with him on Springstreet and it was a massacre. He outscored me using an M4, and I had over 20 kills...

TzeykAN.jpg
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Funny how no one really gets massacred on Private servers. Hmmmm......
    googley avatar aapg

• =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Worse players there?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Hey, everyone...remember when the Roles came out in AAPG and we got the sniper and stuff?

I thought we were going to eventually work out a system for fair weapon selection. I haven't heard anything about that in like....a year?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • PromiseOfHopePromiseOfHope Posts: 13Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Funny how no one really gets massacred on Private servers. Hmmmm......
    ?? That's not true at all. I don't know which servers you're playing on, but I almost always see someone/a couple people grouped together doing much better than others on their team.
    144Hz ROG, i7 5960X, 64GB DDR4 2666, TITAN X, PM961
  • IMO, the problem about weapon or objective hogging occurs when the player is refusing to work as a team. Some mention that the rest of the team could work to support the newbie. The issue I personally find is that THEY are in fact the ones who fail the team. They don't use their comms except to troll music, run n gun with the sniper rifle, keep themselves known points even though the rest of the team tells them it's a bad spot. Oftentimes these people just do stupid things like camp corners only scoping in small rooms.

With objectives, it is the same thing. You are failing to be a team player and are actually a hinderance to the success of the mission. I recall some servers kicked you for not having comms with the sniper rifle. As a sniper, you are expected to (generally) cover your team from a vantage point (of sorts) so that their back is watched. I will take the sniper rifle from time to time however am willing to give it up when I see that the other team's sniper is destroying us (and we need a counter sniper), when someone asks for it for a few rounds. Some people pretend to want it for a few rounds and keep it for themselves the rest of the match. Same issue. If you suck with a weapon and want practice, there are dozens of servers out there modded to have unlimited weapons of each class. Go there.