Bad new things - Beta was better!!

245

Comments

  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    edited October 2015
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »
    on the bad list i would put :
    -servers crashing after every map specially official servers
    -watchdog taking 2 out of 3 objectives for win makes it pointless to run that objective version in my opinion

    Maybe I haven't played in many official servers, but I haven't seen any crashes. Maybe I just haven't played enough.

    I think Watchdogs with 2 of 3 is better and more exciting. For the attacking team to get 3 of 3 used to be extremely rare. If it were to happen, it'd be because the defensive team had only one or two guys left or the defense team was just incompetent.

    Now the 2 of 3 makes things more interesting. Granted, it usually ends up being 1 of 2 since X is fairly easy for the attacking team to get (although not as simple as it used to be), but the defense now has to watch both Y and Z otherwise they can lose. In the past you used to be able let one be captured and then just fall back to the one that's left.


    I am still waiting for a pipeline style map where the team can either take 3 objectives or the single override objective. Makes for great gameplay.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    There's a known issue with garbage collection on our servers. Philbax is working to push an update to fix it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    null
    Ssk for a moment I thought you were talking about me. To which I would've asked if you ever seen me use the m16 it was by far my best weapon and I was probably the very few if not only consistent m16 user in comp. Not anymore I have trouble with even the m4 not registering quick peak shots
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Yeah, sometimes it seems really random to me with both weapons, trying to figure out m16 atm since I liked playing it alot (even if not in comp).
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited October 2015
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »
    on the bad list i would put :
    -servers crashing after every map specially official servers
    -watchdog taking 2 out of 3 objectives for win makes it pointless to run that objective version in my opinion

    Maybe I haven't played in many official servers, but I haven't seen any crashes. Maybe I just haven't played enough.

    I think Watchdogs with 2 of 3 is better and more exciting. For the attacking team to get 3 of 3 used to be extremely rare. If it were to happen, it'd be because the defensive team had only one or two guys left or the defense team was just incompetent.

    Now the 2 of 3 makes things more interesting. Granted, it usually ends up being 1 of 2 since X is fairly easy for the attacking team to get (although not as simple as it used to be), but the defense now has to watch both Y and Z otherwise they can lose. In the past you used to be able let one be captured and then just fall back to the one that's left.


    I am still waiting for a pipeline style map where the team can either take 3 objectives or the single override objective. Makes for great gameplay.
    TheTots wrote: »
    There's a known issue with garbage collection on our servers. Philbax is working to push an update to fix it.

    Official servers crash after every map best case two - three maps ,good to hear there is a fix on the way.
    Watch dog is heavy Attack favored now.The lack of need to take the third objectives makes it easy to ninja cap two and win,on the other side Hospital Extract with one minute less round time causes multiple attackers run out of time rounds now.Seen 4-5 today in a single match for both teams,map is just too big to be cleared /secured - objective extracted in the given 4 minutes.

  • on the other side Hospital Extract with one minute less round time causes multiple attackers run out of time rounds now.Seen 4-5 today in a single match for both teams,map is just too big to be cleared /secured - objective extracted in the given 4 minutes. Yeah Hospital needs at least 5-6 minutes round time.
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    The standard 4 min. round for flo maps is not working well. 5 min. was the right time for round.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    LoL.. jokes ya
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [nrk]zmB-.-[nrk]zmB-.- Posts: 84Player
    cry cry cry....
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    Brunuz wrote: »
    Well playability maybe increased to good computers, because of graphic stability, if you have a medium low computer it sucks (in that beta was better, less consuption with better graphics).

    Kick vote is important although i understand your point, some guys are there not to play just to kick others, but it stops from others to Abuse Voip with music and lame talking and ROE although that one is being fixed.

    As buggy servers i notice that some have that problem, others don't, I can't connect to the game at US Est Time prime time between 8pm and midnight. I notice that when i came here to the forum, its very slow.

    M16 is diferent yes, i only played with it, now i can't kill has i could and i notice to that m4 needs much more bullets to kill than beta, maybe graphics are lagging the client side.

    As far as performance, I have a very old pc (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.8ghz, 4gb DDR2 Ram, ATI Radeon 4890HD) With the correct settings, i can play @ 60 frames on almost every map, with a minimum of 45 frames.

    As far as the "Buggy Servers" this is most likely a Load issue, which i am positive wont be an issue much longer.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »
    Official servers crash after every map best case two - three maps ,good to hear there is a fix on the way.
    Watch dog is heavy Attack favored now.The lack of need to take the third objectives makes it easy to ninja cap two and win,on the other side Hospital Extract with one minute less round time causes multiple attackers run out of time rounds now.Seen 4-5 today in a single match for both teams,map is just too big to be cleared /secured - objective extracted in the given 4 minutes.

    Eh, ninja capping wouldn't happen if at least a guy or two were paying attention to each objective. Maybe if the entire defensive team didn't rush, there'd be no issue.

    Full Hospital stinks. The map just doesn't play well at all. Until they add VIP to the map, I think it's just a waste to play.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »

    Official servers crash after every map best case two - three maps ,good to hear there is a fix on the way.
    Watch dog is heavy Attack favored now.The lack of need to take the third objectives makes it easy to ninja cap two and win,on the other side Hospital Extract with one minute less round time causes multiple attackers run out of time rounds now.Seen 4-5 today in a single match for both teams,map is just too big to be cleared /secured - objective extracted in the given 4 minutes.

    I say all these things knowing you have way more experience with these maps than I, but here are my thoughts.

    I prefer the attack favoring to the defense favoring previously. The map is a lot more fun for me at least.

    As far as Hospital extract, the objective placement is still the problem in my opinion. Time issues would be less apparent with a better/more accessible objective location and/or an improved assault spawn.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

    LETS GO PENS
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    i don't cry,as a fact i don't care,just telling what i see.Map is too big for 4 minutes and 24 people thats all i'm saying.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    .sauce wrote: »
    As far as Hospital extract, the objective placement is still the problem in my opinion. Time issues would be less apparent with a better/more accessible objective location and/or an improved assault spawn.

    I do wonder if it would be more interesting to have the flag in the helipad area and then make the assault team extract it to where the extraction is in Inner.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    I prefer longer time rounds too in FLO maps, 5-6 minutes. Or why have time limits, let the round go to one team win.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    You know how long it takes to get to an obj on any given map?? Less than 30 sec... throw in some obsticles add 2 min to conquer them and that's being generous.. no need for more than 3 min on any map. The other time is useless camping!! I call it useless cause in no way is it helpful to your team.

    This is why I hate Flo maps.. don't matter if I'm attack or defense I'm always attacking because all these newbs are scared to.

    Keep on camping tho ..show dem skillz
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    Its not about skillz for some people, it's about fun and it's apparent that what's fun for some people is not recklessly rushing around every game but having and adopting a more careful and considered approach to the game.

    Not everyone likes being a rambo. Campers kill rambo's.. Maybe that’s the problem?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The gameplay is Attack/Defense, your idea of attack is to sit in one spot for 3 minutes then move slowly... could have done the exact same thing without sitting for a useless 3 minutes.

    Sitting in a cornet away from your team is fun..lol.. gotcha

    It's not Rambo it's Attacking
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Guarantee you maps would play better and by design more so with shorter rounds than long round times.. you're trying to reward the indecisive/ scared player.

    If maps were 2 min for example..defense would always defend and attack would do just that..

    Short rounds FTW!!!
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -=DA=-Tw!$t3d-=DA=-Tw!$t3d Posts: 65Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    You know how long it takes to get to an obj on any given map?? Less than 30 sec... throw in some obsticles add 2 min to conquer them and that's being generous.. no need for more than 3 min on any map. The other time is useless camping!! I call it useless cause in no way is it helpful to your team.

    This is why I hate Flo maps.. don't matter if I'm attack or defense I'm always attacking because all these newbs are scared to.

    Keep on camping tho ..show dem skillz
    Im Coleman's customer of the month, i have the big boy tent, bring some chocolate and graham crackers, theres plenty of room for you doba!
Sign In or Register to comment.