Too much scope reflection?

While its cool to have some reflection of background lights on the scope of weapons, I feel it is waaaay too drastic at the moment.

Example, on bridge night if you stand at any of the pillars on bridge with a light near you/behind you and try to scope up the m24 (weapon I noticed it on) you cannot see anything at all because of the light pole behind you pretty much whites out the whole scope lens when zoomed. It does not matter whether night vision is on or off its impossible to see through the scope unless you get drastically far from the light source. I feel sure add some glare but if I have a scope to my face my head should block enough of the light that I shouldnt be looking at a high beam headlight covering 80% of my scope : P

Is there a way to disable to scope reflections, or can this be an edit for a future patch : /

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Is it related to using "dual rendered scopes"?
    googley avatar aapg

• Noticed this on Bridge Night yesterday aswell. A real pain in the [TOS Violation] :(
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Does it show up when you use the Night Vision?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Can you please post a screen shot?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• @gentDeath@gentDeath Posts: 15Player
    I agree, played as sniper on Bridge night, and it was VERY difficult to see anything when scoped in.
  • I'll post a screen shot later tonight (10/8) , hopefully that will help. And it did not matter on the night map on bridge whether night vision was on or not. In both cases, the sniper scope lens has to much reflection.
    Thanks!

• [OGG]TriggerdSilence[OGG]TriggerdSilence Posts: 19Player
    edited October 2015
    Ok so I did a little more experimenting around, and I don't like dual render scopes so mine is disabled which shows the first two screen shots with some tough light reflection in the scope covers at least 75% of the scope. And if you throw in a slight amount of fog anywhere it helps wash it out more. This is the clearest I've seen it since it was just me exploring the map alone with out any action, tracers, or fogs.
    - Screen Shots were taken from 2nd pillar left looking through arch toward defense second right. All pillars acted similar that have a street lamp behind it.
    Dual Render Scopes Disabled
    2015-10-08_00004_zpso7dsdp1k.jpg

2015-10-08_00005_zpsibgxma10.jpg

One More Note: TR20 Dual Render Scopes Off = Not as bad.

ScreenShot00083_zpscsfhplve.png

If you enable Dual Render Scopes (which i can't stand the zoom feeling when scoping up) you can see you get a drastically different view without any light reflection.

2015-10-08_00003_zpshuudziz3.jpg

2015-10-08_00006_zpsagtyz6gs.jpg
    Very interesting. Will look into this in the morning when I get to the office!

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Nice post, Trigger
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.