Why are the enemy weapons Russian?

Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Is (the fictional) Czervania supported by Russia or something?
I don't get the story.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    We could assume they bought them from the Russians on the black market :)

http://www.americasarmy.com/aapg/story
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    These are the most frequently used weapons worldwide and (was) produced everywhere (under license or as unofficial replica) So did Czervania build their own ripoff.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    You can't disagree that the AK47 pretty much floods all battlefields on both hemispheres. I wouldn't know what other weapon to give the OPFOR except have them be the same as yours... which in fact is true unless you pick one up.
    googley avatar aapg

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Because Russians are the new/old US national enemies. AA10 will be against the axis of evil aliens. :D
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    because Russian weapons are pretty cool
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    Because calling them "Czervanians" instead of "Russians" makes it politically correct. :D
  • LOL. The AK's and their derivatives have been replicated by more nations than the M4/16 models. All over Europe, Asia and Africa you see those models being sold in arms shipments and swept up in sting operations.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    LOL. The AK's and their derivatives have been replicated by more nations than the M4/16 models. All over Europe, Asia and Africa you see those models being sold in arms shipments and swept up in sting operations.
    The website americasarmy.com (Under Weapon spotlight div) actually mentions by name "Russian" and hence the question.
    Anyway, I have zero knowledge of the history of guns :D
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Ya. AK-based weapons are everywhere in the world. Doesn't mean they are supplied by Russia.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester
    The website americasarmy.com (Under Weapon spotlight div) actually mentions by name "Russian" and hence the question.
    Anyway, I have zero knowledge of the history of guns :D

It also states the Dragunov SVD semi-automatic sniper/designated marksman rifle was developed in the Soviet Union. It does not call it a Russian made weapon. Furthermore the shotgun used by the Czervanians is the Benelli Supernova made in Italy.
    I think the idea is to make it apparent that the Czervanians are a well-funded, well equipped opposition force.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Ya. AK-based weapons are everywhere in the world. Doesn't mean they are supplied by Russia.

Ak-s are made and used as regular weapons in most Eastern Europian contrys and their military,has nothing to do with Russia.

EYkPtE2.jpg

standard infantry weapon in Hungarian military,made localy.
  • For some people who aren't familiar with AK here is why the DEV's picked them.
    1. The most popular weapon of use in both official military and especially any regimes or terrorist groups due to how cheap they are, reliability and maintenance.
    2. I'm guessing that Czervanians is a Eastern European country so they will likely to use AK as their main weapon
    3. It's a go to bad guy weapon
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    2. I'm guessing that Czervanians is a Eastern European country so they will likely to use AK as their main weapon

made up,fictional but the signs in game over shops and posters suggest Czech ,Serbian,Slovenian used.
  • Dem@n.ek wrote: »

made up,fictional but the signs in game over shops and posters suggest Czech ,Serbian,Slovenian used.

I meant that the location of the made up country would be in Eastern Europe. I know it's not real

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »

I agree. Czerv sounds close to Serb to me. We do need an enemy. Too bad Political Correctness has hit the Army. I'd much rather be fighting Al Qaeda in game.
    googley avatar aapg

Curious.. Who were the AA2 enemies?

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Curious.. Who were the AA2 enemies?

Pretty much terrorists. In earlier versions of the games (AA 1.x) they even wore turbans. In 2.x they started just wearing black/green/white outfits (depending on the terrain/map). Although maps like Weapons Cache had still had Mediterranean or Arabic-type guys, just without the stereotypes
    439px-Enemy_Desert.jpg
    Enemy_CQB2.jpg
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited October 2015
    Thanks, So it seems they were not affiliated to any persons in the real world and were also fictional.

I don't know much about where AA started, I can't seem to find a storyline to the game unless it never had one? In any case.. I wonder why they do not proudly display the awards and plaudits the game has received over the years and use that pride to push a big emphasis on new people trying today's AA.

• TearTear Posts: 19Developer
    AAPG is built (loosely) around the Czervenian story from previous versions and the AA Comic.

http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/Odporzhia_Region

http://aa3.americasarmy.com/recon.php

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Er....say, Boss....that's pretty cool! How old is that content?!! It's not given a dated URL like, AA3-ish stuff or anything..... :open_mouth:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.