Cancel Revive - downed player side

First off thank you for the option in the release to stop a secure once you start, its a wonderful thing to hear footsteps or see an enemy just as you start a secure and NOT have to silently cry while you're stuck securing a dead body.

What I and I'm sure many other people would like is an option to cancel a revive on your own incapacitated body. Too many time in the old and already now in this release my body has been exposed and steadily shot at while a friendly hides behind cover and revives me all while I'm repeating DO NOT REVIVE, STOP, Don't, I'm getting shot at, stop..... and now I'm dead again before animation of revive ever starts. And now I'm stuck watching that guy run away perfectly fine and I no longer have a revive chance long before the timer would have run out.

Its very frustrating to not have any say or control to stop a revive when your teammate is not listening to your voip or paying attention to the fact their under fire.

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    We had a very long thread about this not long ago. Not sure if it'll ever happen.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    This is something we have discussed previously. We do not have any plans to implement a means to decline a revive.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    edited October 2015
    Accept Revive is better than Decline Revive I think. AFK wont be revived.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Nothing wrong with adding a 2 sec respond window to allow heal..if not accepted the action is cut off.. I think it both stops these behind cover heals that lead to instant death and adds teamwork

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    But that's not realistic!!!!!
  • @gentDeath@gentDeath Posts: 15Player
    But that's not realistic!!!!!

Sure it is, just like a real hospital patient, your dogtag says "DNR" and it's your fellow soldiers duty to respect that. (Totally joking) :wink:
  • GoA]z!o[N]cya[GoA]z!o[N]cya[ Posts: 109Player
    There is withdraw. If one prohibits the Revive he should stay dead anyway....
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I'd like to see a really good training module for basic game actions that is MANDATORY.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Seppuku training
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • hahaha seppuku training, that is hilarious.

I guess I'll have to look at the withdraw option though we'll see if I can implement it fast enough. Thanks for the dev input, and sorry to beat the topic dead its just one of those frustrating things you have to deal with sometimes I guess.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You can bind it with 'setbind "key" "withdraw"' in the console.