America's Army: Proving Grounds enters Active Duty OCT 1st

Comments

• LashPTLashPT Posts: 12Player
    edited October 2015
    youtu.be/pO_T3U74AuY?t=394

The M4 sound.
    The M4 real sound for me is like a sound of a punch not a pump working , like I hear it in game.
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester
    I guess you were wearing different ear protection than me. It didn't sound like a punch or pump. I made the mistake of firing mine without ear protection.... bad move..... but listening to others on the firing line, we will never quite get that sound because of our equipment limitations.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Insurgency has this mod called "intense realism sound mod V3" and i agree with this name after getting in some firefights with this mod on. If you have this game check it out.

Here's a video of it
    I'd love to have these kind of weapon sounds for AAPG.
    Not real sounds of weapons though. I am sure with an equalizer, you can almost achieve this type of sound. For "me", this would drive me out of the game. Can't hear someone talking and I would have a headache since I play with headset. But that's "me".
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I feel like recording equipment is going to pick up gun fire sound differently than how it truly sounds. After that it's all a matter of how it's edited going into the game. What's actually "realistic," I'm unsure. I personally have no issue with the M4 sound, but that's just me.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I feel like recording equipment is going to pick up gun fire sound differently than how it truly sounds. After that it's all a matter of how it's edited going into the game. What's actually "realistic," I'm unsure. I personally have no issue with the M4 sound, but that's just me.
    The biggest issue is that you wont be able to play back at realistic level, so even if its correct it will sound different.
    (bullet sounds are around 160db, thats loud..)
    ss_4_frankof.png
    ...that's why you use ear protection..... like I said, I fired mine at the range one time to hear how it sounds "live", and that was the last time I did it.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • [NPT]Kr4zY[NPT]Kr4zY Posts: 23Player
    I only ask that the DevTeam try to get a better sound of the footsteps (sometimes it sounds like wallking in a wood box) cuz the game himself became a little more interesting.....another thing the lower fire rate on M4, its too unreal...need to put work on that.... anyway....the game only need minor adjustmets in graphics to become better.....too much gpu usage....at least its what i feel on my pc....

Great work guys....keep going ;D
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    We've seen great growth in concurrent users. At many points in the day it's already double what it was the same time last week, and we've seen steady growth the last 3 days.

The big things will be how long the growth persists and the retention of the players.

It's extremely exciting though. I find myself checking the numbers about 50 times a day right now!

If you guys at home want to get a rough idea of the numbers you can check out steamspy
    http://steamspy.com/app/203290

Now imagine if the game was properly advertised?

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    5) m16 has less recoil, much better for medium/long distances now.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    5) m16 has less recoil, much better for medium/long distances now.

lol wat.
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    wat lol!!

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    2e11406.gif
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited October 2015
    M16 is just better than the past because you can click for 3 shots at a time instead of the old method. Allows more precision with your shots. A direct hit is quite powerful, but you also need at least two hits to kill a guy. Definitely requires more skill to use than the M4.
    Am I the only one thinking it was way easier with switching between 2 shot burst and single shots granting you basically no recoil at all? Am I delusional? How is the new M16 "better" or ever "easier"?
  • SL_zmB;)SL_zmB;) Posts: 95Player
    edited October 2015
    M16 with new (old) burst is a way better in close combat. But for range... you need to set it on singel every time. Thats why i play M4 on bigger maps. Auto+Singelshots without swap firemode.

Recoil feels like the same, M4 and m16.
    Edit:
    M16 burst is perfect the way it is. The recoil is fine. And i takes a bit more skill to swap the firemodes.
    I want this on M4 too. 1 Click----> Three bullets on Auto. Or less accuracy on M4, as it was in (im not sure) 1-2 optin

Fact is... Actually, there is no advantage for m16 on range. It feels more like... cs deagle on singelshot^^
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • flubbyflubby Posts: 50Player
    I made the M16 my primary weapon two months ago and I immediately noticed in the opt-in that the gun felt subtly different. I think the recoil has been increased, and the rate of fire also seemed to be different. I had to spend probably 30 hours before the opt-in was released just to get used to the gun again. It definitely felt like a different gun coming straight from open beta.

In my opinion the M16 in the opt-in is harder to use than in open beta.
  • flubbyflubby Posts: 50Player
    I think the opposite is true. In big maps, people who spray at long distance with the M4 will tend to miss a lot. That is unless they switch to single fire, but most people don't do that. In smaller maps where combat is up close it's easier to keep your finger on the button with the M4 to get a kill.

With the M16, because the recoil is lower, it's better for single fire shots across longer distances because you can probably get 2-3 shots and not worry too much that recoil will be too much to handle. On smaller maps with close quarter combat the M16 is a disadvantage because you now have an extra thing to do which is to keep pressing buttons to fire (even worse when you forget you're in single mode). On the other hand it does force you to keep aiming for the head in between shots and not get zoned out while you're spraying like with the M4.

Anyway, some other factors why the M16 is better in bigger maps (pulled from the weapon guide):
    Damage Distance Falloff: Winner M16
    Recoil: Winner M16
    ADS: Winner M4 <- good for close quarters combat

" wrote:
    ES[=zombiDog;19840"]M16 with new (old) burst is a way better in close combat. But for range... you need to set it on singel every time. Thats why i play M4 on bigger maps. Auto+Singelshots without swap firemode.

Recoil feels like the same, M4 and m16.
    Edit:
    M16 burst is perfect the way it is. The recoil is fine. And i takes a bit more skill to swap the firemodes.
    I want this on M4 too. 1 Click----> Three bullets on Auto. Or less accuracy on M4, as it was in (im not sure) 1-2 optin

Fact is... Actually, there is no advantage for m16 on range. It feels more like... cs deagle on singelshot^^

edited October 2015
    I feel you flubby. Been using it for quite some time and I have no idea how it could be easier in any way now..
    edited October 2015
    BTW, does anyone know if the skins you select in "my soldier" apply to all players on your team or just you? I could understand if the camo applied (since it makes sense), but the other stuff I'm hoping is individual to you.