Update discussion

13»

Comments

• =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    So my huge complaint right now is I can't swap grenades really quickly or grenade to gun really quickly at the beginning of the round now. I know this sounds like a really stupid complaint(probably because it is), but my favorite thing to do before the rounds started in the old beta was to just rapidly switch between nades and nade to gun over and over. Now there's a much longer delay between the swap and it's far less enjoyable.

I'm guessing it's a balance thing in why you slowed the swap time down, but it ruins my favorite AAPG past time :(
  • Cpt_MitchellCpt_Mitchell Posts: 8Player
    They need to drop the revive timer!!!
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    edited October 2015

Timers make sense.
    If someone is bleeding, they soon die unless the bleeding is stopped.
    Timers also force lazy people to revive others.
  • Cpt_MitchellCpt_Mitchell Posts: 8Player

Timers make sense.
    If someone is bleeding, they soon die unless the bleeding is stopped.
    Timers also force lazy people to revive others.

True but this is still an arcade shooter.
  • -[U|S|A]-SMILEY=)-[U|S|A]-SMILEY=) Posts: 35Player
    edited October 2015
    =LIKES:=

- The gun sounds are much nicer

- The gameplay is crisper than it was in the last patch. Where you shoot is where the hitbox is. I remember in the previous patch, the hitbox was terrible and I had to shoot to the side of the player to kill them with my sniper rifle.

- The graphics seem crisper and more detailed as well.

- The re-introduction to the ranking system.

- Being able to customize (to a degree) your soldier and gun.

- The recoil. It seems to be a bit better for the AR/SAW.

DISLIKES/WANTS:

- Where is the ROE system? Let the special Olympic continue.

- Where is my beloved Urban Assault? Along with many maps from AA2.

- Where are the VIP modes?

- No requirement to use certain weapons but requirement to be able to say "hooah" lol!

- The other guns would benefit from having the recoil increased by a hair (literally in px distance).

- Die only once!! None of this "normal" and "hardcore" stuff.

- The environment sounds are a bit off.

- The ranks for the groups (SGT. PFC, etc) are using the same icon?
  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player

- The gameplay is crisper than it was in the last patch. Where you shoot is where the hitbox is. I remember in the previous patch, the hitbox was terrible and I had to shoot to the side of the player to kill them with my sniper rifle.

DISLIKES/WANTS:

- No requirement to use certain weapons but requirement to be able to say "hooah" lol!

- The other guns would benefit from having the recoil increased by a hair (literally in px distance).

If recoil got increased a bit you probably would hit even less then you do now? people seem to think recoil needs to be adjusted cause they are killed instead of changing their game to better them selves and getting more kills very weird. recoil on the guns seem completely fine. ar firing out of control sound needs to be fixed. hitting esc during round end not allowing you to see the scoreboard needs to be fixed.
  • {AOG}-sp!cy{AOG}-sp!cy Posts: 2Player
    i have 0 sympathy for all you punks who ignored the opt-in, and are having great troubles adjusting, and finding out right EQ levels for audio, and how to optimized and adapt to the game, you had A LOT OF TIME, AND AN AWFUL LOT OF WARNING, bunch of ignorant 5 year olds, grow up <--- and thats coming from me!

EDIT: BTW there are SIMPLE EQ tweaks and other things you can do to make footsteps better and gun audio better, colts has probably made some posts along the line regarding this - i'd love to help you all, but you all failed to help yourselves first, and when we wanted more players in the opt-in you all continued to play the old game even knowing it would be gone soon, and with the attitudes coming from you guys you deserve it, bunch of spoiled rotten brats " I WANT CANDY!!!,, WAH WAHH CRY CRY, I DIDNT GET MY CANDY RIGHT AWAY"

So, since you are so knowledgeable about the sound and EQ tweaks, do you have a guide?

That would be great pub.....I mean syk. Change your name so often, I get confused.

Sound sucks.

• -[RAND]-skineal-[RAND]-skineal Posts: 27Player
    edited October 2015
    I am getting really annoyed by everyone that says "the sound is fine you just dont have it set up properly"...

This is total nonsense - you should not have to do any kind of special set up for the sound to be fine...but by default it sucks. If we admit nothing else about this release can we at least admit that. I am not one of these ppl that always just moans on the forum - go back and check my posts - but the sound is just bad - if it is not the biggest priority to be fixed that it is a travesty...

There are many nice changes that have been made - but they got bundled in with a rushed UI and a TERRIBLE sound system, as well as some weird cosmetic changes to the maps (i dont mind the actual map layout changes so much). The changes to the maps also "look" funny - the art is worse for sure.

Things like recoil, bleedout timer etc are things that take time to get used to but are NOT the problem. But saying there is NO PROBLEM is a huge mistake...
  • -[RAND]-skineal-[RAND]-skineal Posts: 27Player
    Also with regards to the opt-in versus open beta. Firstly I did make my comments known about the Opt-in UI, so please dont make the the excuse for everything...

But what is the point of an open beta if you then create an opt-in beta which requires some extra work/effort to try. Thats the point of the open beta - test things slowly and one by one - dont have an open beta for 2 years and then some hugely different opt-in played by very few ppl and then just switch all the changes in one...

You have closed beta for testing new tweaks - but open beta is made for widespread paly testing of new UI etc.

Instead you lumped it into one so that people cannot appreciate the good from the bad (and there is definitely also good) and now all the open beta players are moaning about the entire release rather than discussing each change on its merits and it is so much harder to just role back one aspect of the game...

From a business (marketing and product development) standpoint it was a bad idea. Think Windows 8...I just hope there is a Windows 10 version of AAPG soon.

I love this game and I hope it will be successful.
  • =IK=Wonkss wrote: »

DISLIKES/WANTS:

If recoil got increased a bit you probably would hit even less then you do now? people seem to think recoil needs to be adjusted cause they are killed instead of changing their game to better them selves and getting more kills very weird. recoil on the guns seem completely fine. ar firing out of control sound needs to be fixed. hitting esc during round end not allowing you to see the scoreboard needs to be fixed.

The issues isn't being killed. I did spectacularly for my very first match. Went 22-17. Unheard for me - and those who have played with me over the years can attest to this =) . I'm usually at a .4-.6 KDR (if I'm LUCKY). So for me go to over 1.0 means (A) the game has gotten easier or (B) I have suddenly become really good - which I don't think is the case. I like the hitboxes as they seem very accurate. Where I point and squeeze IS where I hit. Even testing out the SAW, I was finding that my accuracy improved. Again, it may have been because of the increased crispness of the movement in the game (which again I love) but I think having the gun kick a hair more would be to my liking.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    The issues isn't being killed. I did spectacularly for my very first match. Went 22-17. Unheard for me - and those who have played with me over the years can attest to this =) . I'm usually at a .4-.6 KDR (if I'm LUCKY). So for me go to over 1.0 means (A) the game has gotten easier or (B) I have suddenly become really good - which I don't think is the case. I like the hitboxes as they seem very accurate. Where I point and squeeze IS where I hit. Even testing out the SAW, I was finding that my accuracy improved. Again, it may have been because of the increased crispness of the movement in the game (which again I love) but I think having the gun kick a hair more would be to my liking.

(C) There's an influx of new players who don't have your game knowledge ;)
  • -[U|S|A]-SMILEY=)-[U|S|A]-SMILEY=) Posts: 35Player
    edited October 2015
    Also bouncing off a different thread -

Qualification training to use ALL guns. This INCLUDES even being ABLE to pick certain weapon slots.

You should be required to qualify (as you did in AA2 to get a 20/30 to be able to USE the rifle out of the BCT "training servers."

Then to use the DMR/SNPR/SAW you should need to qualify on those guns. However have it set whereby ONLY those who have qualified on those weapons can EVEN select that class in the game. I remember back in v2.x players didn't care if they qualified or not, they still picked the limited weapons class and were spiteful about it (trolling) so that despite being told by the rest of the team, they wouldn't give up that slot - removed access to that weapon for the team. Very frustrating to those who want to use all the tactical resources.
    Saccho wrote: »

(C) There's an influx of new players who don't have your game knowledge ;)

Maybe, but this was against player's I've played with since 2.x (ANTS, Beer_Me, EcK), specifically including Twisted, GMaster, Grizz and many others. =). Again, maybe I'm finally becoming better at this game ;P

• -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester

And all those saying it's terrible... I too think it's ok.
    DISLIKES/WANTS:

All for it!

This isn't AA2, sorry. As for Urban Assault, where have you been??
    Making of Harbor Assautl
    Would love this too.
    Sorry, it's a server side setting. Find one that caters to your liking.
    As said in other threads, this is a work in progress. Specifics would help instead of generalities.

Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    No sharks with laser beams yet -.-
  • super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    No but what honestly doesn't quite sit right with me is still weapon mechanics, maps, and the health system.
  • POTATO.quantaPOTATO.quanta Posts: 32Player
    AliGator.. wrote: »

I'm not sure if anyone ever reported that sprinting bug, I was told that you are unable to do it the same way it was done in the open beta. If you know how to do it then report it with step by step instructions, or show me and I'll report it. I reported run nade and it seems to be fixed.

If you mean that you cant force the bug by typing in the command "doprone" in the console then you are absolutely right. I know for a fact that this bug has been reported and can still easily be done by simply jumping into a object and going prone at the same time. This particular bug just seems to highlight incompetence seeing as its been a known issue for some time, but has been completely ignored. This isn't the only long standing bug that hasn't been fixed in the new release I can think of at least a few more.
    dancing_potato.gif
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    i have 0 sympathy for all you punks who ignored the opt-in, and are having great troubles adjusting, and finding out right EQ levels for audio, and how to optimized and adapt to the game, you had A LOT OF TIME, AND AN AWFUL LOT OF WARNING, bunch of ignorant 5 year olds, grow up <--- and thats coming from me!

EDIT: BTW there are SIMPLE EQ tweaks and other things you can do to make footsteps better and gun audio better, colts has probably made some posts along the line regarding this - i'd love to help you all, but you all failed to help yourselves first, and when we wanted more players in the opt-in you all continued to play the old game even knowing it would be gone soon, and with the attitudes coming from you guys you deserve it, bunch of spoiled rotten brats " I WANT CANDY!!!,, WAH WAHH CRY CRY, I DIDNT GET MY CANDY RIGHT AWAY"

So, since you are so knowledgeable about the sound and EQ tweaks, do you have a guide?

That would be great pub.....I mean syk. Change your name so often, I get confused.

Sound sucks.

The best solution for sound so far is to set:

Base = 0
    Treble = 0 to 3
    Sidetone = Maximum (this setting is for a 7.1 headset)
    googley avatar aapg

• =LIKES:=

And all those saying it's terrible... I too think it's ok.
    DISLIKES/WANTS:

All for it!

This isn't AA2, sorry. As for Urban Assault, where have you been??
    Making of Harbor Assautl
    Would love this too.
    Sorry, it's a server side setting. Find one that caters to your liking.
    As said in other threads, this is a work in progress. Specifics would help instead of generalities.

Harbor Assault is OK but it's nothing like my old Urban Assault!

There is a tad too much reverb/echo in the environment. I use DFX audio environment program to "dampen" some of the echo and even turn the boost up (which also compensates). But then this messes with my music that I'm playing from my desktop :expressionless:

As for the ROE system, there seems to be something in the intro stages. I was spamming down a common alleyway right off spawn and someguy walked into my full auto. Killed him then got killed for it. So there is SOME ROE or spawn troll protection system.
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    Harbor Assault is OK but it's nothing like my old Urban Assault!

There is a tad too much reverb/echo in the environment. I use DFX audio environment program to "dampen" some of the echo and even turn the boost up (which also compensates). But then this messes with my music that I'm playing from my desktop :expressionless:

As for the ROE system, there seems to be something in the intro stages. I was spamming down a common alleyway right off spawn and someguy walked into my full auto. Killed him then got killed for it. So there is SOME ROE or spawn troll protection system.
    You are not going to get the old maps. That's the way it is going to be. To have a couple of them remade (like Hospital and Urban) is about it. BUT, there will be UMM (User Made Maps) that will be out there. I remember some great ones that were from the AA2 days.
    As for audio settings, that's the way it gonna be. For me, it has zero impact switching between my gaming 7.1 headset to my Boston Acoustics desktop near field monitors.
    There isn't a "one fix solution" for this. Unfortunately, this is a problem because there are so many computer configs, it's impossible.
    I still have to open playback device to switch between USB headset and desktop speakers. I also have to disable the desktop speakers too. I have to do this each time I play. A annoyance for sure, but a minor one for me.
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™