freezing

hi, my game seems to freeze randomly ever since I installed my r9 295x2 video card. IT NEVER DID IT with my gtx 680's in sli.

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz
VIDEO CARD r9 295x2
Memory 13 GB

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS?

sorry for caps.

Comments

• vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 272Player
    Have you tried a clean install of the game and clearing all remnants of the game folders in / documents/ my games/ americas army ?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
  • It freezes for almost all of us ;)
  • [FIRM]EagLeTaLoN[FIRM]EagLeTaLoN Posts: 23Player
    I would do what V@por has suggested. Also check your ati control panel. I am sure there maybe some configuration needed as your using 2 cards.
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    Did you do a clean install of the AMD drivers? 

1. Uninstall Nvidia drivers.
    2. Reboot in "safe mode", and run http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505.
    3. Reboot again, and install the AMD drivers.
  • ElementisElementis Posts: 134Player
    I get these random pauses in game too. One of the Beta Tester guys said to try shutting off the hud (Alt+x). Not sure if that helps or not but then you can't see much of anything. It makes the game more like hardcore mode.
  • (CYBA)Striketron(CYBA)Striketron Posts: 9Player
    I reinstalled windows shortly after installing this card so thanks guys but I have a clean install.i am seeing that most people with r9 290x and r9 295x2 cards are having this problem so I am thinking it is a driver issue.
  • (CYBA)Striketron(CYBA)Striketron Posts: 9Player
    edited April 2015
    also th r9 295x2 is one card but dual gpu.
  • ryZen^ryZen^ Posts: 84Player
    This issue has plagued the game from launch and has yet to be fixed. I also have a 290 series card, but others on Nvida have reported similar findings. Pauses are random and usually happen when there's a lot going on (running checking corners, about to fire at enemy ect..) This  isn't the first thread  in regards to this issue, others have tried tweaking their INI's and dumbing down in game settings but issue is still present. Some days it's more noticeable than others.. I just rage out and stop playing.. lol 

Hopefully with new patch, the game will run smoother..Only time will tell, until then there's no sense in trying get all worked up on how to tweak or fix game but if you do happen to find a fix, please share! 
  • SxerksSxerks Posts: 17Player
    If you are talking about a 1-2 second screen freeze every 6-7 minutes, that is probably PunkBuster.  You can test this by playing on  a non PB server.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Interesting to see if this happens in the Opt - in version .. pay attention while you play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    I'm excited to learn if I'm capable of playing with health/ammo count up.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    Yeah I will be testing the HUD as well.. works in Closed Beta.. curious if anything changes when its released... hoping for best

I haven't noticed freezes in the opt-in beta, but I also don't know if PB is on because all the icons are blank in the game browser.
    I can play with my HUD on whish is a +

• ryZen^ryZen^ Posts: 84Player
    It seems as if the FPS optimization they implemented has fixed the stutter for me. Only stuttered once and that was after minimizing. Have yet to stutter because I'm being shot at or running around like a mad man. GJ Devs!

Can we have a confirmation from a Dev to see if Punkbuster is enabled or working the same way as before?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,278Player
    PB is enabled!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

So the results show the HUD is working great.. but the game itself still needs serious optimization.. my PC specs should not be seeing sub 50 FPS on Overload or on any map for that matter.. to be honest seeing anything lower than 120 is kind of sad.. let alone 50

ini tweaking is a MUST in this game.. too bad

Playing on JFK today I noticed it. The PB 1-2 second freeze was happening every 2-3 minutes. So it is still a problem.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Sxerks wrote: »
    Playing on JFK today I noticed it. The PB 1-2 second freeze was happening every 2-3 minutes. So it is still a problem.

Is it for sure PB? I still get the stutter from time to time too :(

and.. if it is PB, why is it only happening for some people and not everyone?

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited April 2015

Is it for sure PB? I still get the stutter from time to time too :(

and.. if it is PB, why is it only happening for some people and not everyone?

In the beta it was tested on PB vs non-PB servers and it only occurred on PB servers.
    -
    I've never had a screen freeze for any other reason. As for some people and not others, it may be tied to hardware, no one knows.
    -
    In the opt-in, I'm not really sure, yesterday I didn't notice anything though that was mainly on an FNG server, today I was getting the freeze on a JFK server, and I just play many rounds on FNG again and didn't notice anything. This is really odd.