What has happened to this game...

-[RAND]-skineal-[RAND]-skineal Posts: 27Player
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
I have been a huge supporter of this game since the open beta started...I have nearly 2000 in game hours logged and I am pretty good at it...and my question is: What the [TOS Violation] did you do to it?????

Before I go into specifics i want to say that this seems horribly rushed. The devs originally told us it would be an open beta to work out all the bugs etc - so we did work the bugs out and the game was getting really quite polished - then they just released a totally different game...what was the point of the Open Beta??? This is totally freaking mental. Around 2 years of play testing thrown away...in an overhaul that nobody was even asking for. There is still no official server for noobs only, initially installing punkbuster is still a big problem meaning new players will be put off, there are still some bugs... But instead of fixing the issues or adding new maps...the whole game got a "revamp"...And the worse part is that all the changes have introduced a ton of new bugs...which we had reduced so much already in the BETA!!!

Sound
I thought this new sound engine was supposed to fix the issue with ppl on different floors sounding like they are on the same floor - it is actually worse! A guy below me firing sounds like he right next to me. When i run its like I am in a chamber of some kind. In general i could live with the new gun sounds (dont love them but I am sure i could get use to them) but the footsteps sound ridiculous - even stealth crouch is REALLY loud thuds - even on carpeting - like I have a club foot!

Interface
I can live with the new color scheme (takes some getting used to but hey) but it just seems so rushed - i mean the name of the server etc above the scoreboard is so small - you can barely read it - its ridiculous. Why did you remove the ping from the server - now you can tell if you are having some kind of a ping spike etc. Why do bodies and guns glow when you looked at them - it seems like an arcade game - this is truly my least favourite new feature!

Servers
I hope this is just a temporary thing but where are the SFO servers?

Maps
Now i am not against making some map changes...but I have to ask WHAT IS WITH ALL THE ROCKS ON THE GROUND ON DOWNTOWN...they look so out of place...the art of this game has always looked so good - but this looks really bad...I also wonder how much though went into changing the stair case on Inner Hosp - this gives a big advantage to the attacking team...the art on it also looks fishy - another rush job - doesnt fit in with the rest of the hospital (i do like the extraction more though)...

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited October 2015
    You appear to have been hit by the shock of change my friend, welcome :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 579Player
    As @[ENG]Uni-Sol says, its just a shock :) Will soon wear off!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    its not all that much different.. just cause theres new art work on the world you call it different? its the same game, it plays exactly the same as it used to, your complaints about some rocks, some servers and and interface are minor complaints that have nothing to due with the core... and its the core that should make or brake the game.

Sound is the only issue people are having, obviously its not the best sounding game out there and hopefully it still improves, but its not as bad as people make it out to be, I know I play quite a bit

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    its the same game, it plays exactly the same as it used to

Thats a flat out lie and you know it.
    why? the speed of character movement hasnt changed.. that for me would be the first and most noticeable thing that would make a difference.. Aiming is the same.. shooting after the last few patches went back to open beta and feels the same.. not 100% sure on the gun RPM, seems a tad slower but nothing crazy..

so what makes it play different? graphics changes dont.. environment sounds dont also..

• -[RAND]-skineal-[RAND]-skineal Posts: 27Player
    The point i am making is that the changes seem pointless - a bunch of new stuff but none of it adds to the game...and a bunch of new bugs introduced...

The rocks dont make Downtown a bad map - but it looks worse than it used to...

The interface doesnt ruin the game...but it is worse than it used to be...

I havent said it broke the game...but it is DEFINITELY worse...and its hard to get motivated for a game that just went backwards!!!
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    why? the speed of character movement hasnt changed.. that for me would be the first and most noticeable thing that would make a difference.. Aiming is the same.. shooting after the last few patches went back to open beta and feels the same.. not 100% sure on the gun RPM, seems a tad slower but nothing crazy..

so what makes it play different? graphics changes dont.. environment sounds dont also..

Anyone who played the beta and this finished product even for 5 minutes each can tell that you decided to ignore mentioning the changes they made that does in fact impact gameplay. fire rate of the m4 should be the same as before, you're probably just confused because of the turd that is the sound engine. But hey, we never know. Devs do love grabbing the "cuz of da realizm" whenever it fits with no consistency anywhere.
  • {Armada}Loom{Armada}Loom Posts: 7Player
    edited October 2015
    I have one question. What is the target audience for the game? =IK=Doba= ?
    If it is just a programming practice for the developers' own amusement, its totally ok. Good job!
    if it is meant for the people playing the game... maybe actually LISTENING TO FEEDBACK might help.

If you're so determined to keep it as is, bring back the old sound and go from there.

I suspect im not the only one whos quit the game because of this.
    Its a real shame, because the community is really cool.

• =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    I love how the open beta players are coming in at full release to complain about gameplay. Shoulda joined the opt-in!
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    Gameplay feels exactly like open beta. Give it a few more hours.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    I love how the open beta players are coming in at full release to complain about gameplay. Shoulda joined the opt-in!

Exactly, opt-in was out for so long and people refused to try it and give their feedback. Then they complain about the final product. The game has its issues, sure. However, all of the complaints by the open beta players are too much. Play for like 10 hours and you will get used to it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    edited October 2015
    I love all the people who stayed playing open beta, and how hardcore they are complaining about the opt-in beta, you had 2 full months plus 4 opt-in beta weekends to try the game and voice your opinions and concerns, the fact that you spent all that time playing the old open beta that you knew would eventually be replaced, when you could have adjusted to the opt-in / final product that was announced 1000x that it would be the final product... It baffles and amazes me how ignorant some people are..

i've had people literally message me on steam saying wow cant believe this new game, it's no good, and i ask them how long they played and they said a match or two, like expecting everything to be instant gratification like they just recieved an SMS msg... im like what new game ive been playing it for 2 months...

the moral of the story, don't judge something before you've actually tried and given it a fair chance

and most of the people who played only opt-in after it was released had the same quarrels and adjustments that you guys are making now, but in the end we all realized that the opt-in was better than the old open beta

Dont blame the dev team for implementing changes that were asked for and wanted, you all wanted polish and a better feeling game, did you think it would feel exactly the same? how stupid does that sound to you..

your attitudes are like " Hey devs upgrade this game to make it better" then the devs update and upgrade the game and you're all like " HEY DEVS OMG YOU BROKE GAME, WHY YOU CHANGE IT?"

Don't make me hold your hands like a small child

and for the love of god give something a chance before crying broken horse

people who refused to touch opt-in beta be like " HEY GUYS I SEE THE VOLCANO A MILE AWAY ERUPTING, LETS SIT HERE 'TIL ITS TOO LATE TO EVACUATE"

DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester
    I've played the game since Alpha. Yes, Alpha. There have been many many changes along the way. Some I like, some I didn't and posted why. But most were personal preferences. I might not like something, there will be someone who thinks it's ok.
    The sound of the game (directionality, footsteps, weapon fire) can be improved and I am sure they will along the way. But what are we comparing it to? Live fire? Go to the range and pick up M4 and you better have ear plugs. Only rifle I was able to fire (and I owned several) without ear plugs was the Ruger 10/22 (my favorite).
    I play with Logitech G35 7.1 surround USB headset. I can adjust the audio quality to suit my tastes with the equalizer.
    Interface different? That to me is not a show stopper. Can the text be bigger to show the server on the scoreboard? Yeah...but I know what server I am on. I chose it.
    I think we all focus on certain things that bother us. But because it bothers us does not mean it bothers everyone. I'll have to look for those rocks in Downtown.... I've never seen them ...... ;)
    Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    I've noticed people always want change, then when change happens it is never the change they wanted...
    havent you heard, Change is bad.. we need to revert back to AA2 !!

• Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    the change is great deltakilo HOOAH - you can't argue with ignorant people who always expect turn-key results and instant gratification, they will never be happy with anything, and it turn it makes you feel like a big idiot. Just keep doing your thing DEVS you're doing great, the people who ACTUALLY played the opt-in know it, thats why we are backing you up
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
    New game > Open beta and it isn't close. Most people will be saying the same if they decide to stick around for a couple weeks.
  • -[iG]-Vindi-[iG]-Vindi Posts: 1Player
    This game is disgusting now.

-vindi
    edited October 2015
    The gameplay mechanics are practically unchanged since open beta. That's the funny part about the whining. Of course people are going to complain, some will leave, others will badmouth the game everywhere. The game will suffer all because people didn't want to play opt-in and the Devs didn't want to force it on people.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,613Beta Tester
    Notice no one is talking about hit reg and cheetahs?

We're talking about rocks.

:rolleyes:

I had a huge laugh playing with some great people last night.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.