DPI: 1500
    Ingame: 8
    Smoothing off
    Mousepad: Steelseries QcK+ XL
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    edited September 2015
    Dem@n.ek wrote: »
    a mouse with 8400 DPI doesn’t necessarily have pixels that are 10 times smaller, like you’d expect.

But it might also have, hence a decent gaming mouse with high DPI sensor is surely more accurate on collecting surface information.

That myth video is not bad, but it generalizes things instead of really testing what gaming mouse has what kind of sensor or what kind of processor (engine) that can actually read that information coming out of sensor.

I am quite happy with the DPI accuracy of my Logitech G402 @ 1900dpi

The bottom line is,the higher your dpi setting on the mouse no matter the quality of the sensor the higher the chance for the sensor to make mistakes causing "pauses" or weird cursor movement on your screen.

The room for error is lower with a low dpi mouse setting while adjusting in game or windows sensitivity for faster or bigger cursor movement with the same mouse +mousepad inch movement.

There is no scientific evidence to support this claim. If you use a better sensor with higher DPI as native sensor DPI the chances of error is only bound to hardware quality.

Regardless of which it comes down to personal preference and how you hold and move your mouse.

EDIT: I also found this.. nice read
    http://www.howtogeek.com/182702/mouse-dpi-and-polling-rates-explained-do-they-matter-for-gaming/

DPI is different from the typical mouse sensitivity setting. DPI refers to a mouse’s hardware capabilities, while sensitivity is just a software setting. For example, let’s say you have a very cheap mouse with low DPI and you crank up the sensitivity. If you tried to aim at small targets, you’ll see the mouse cursor jump around as you move it. The mouse hardware isn’t as sensitive, so it doesn’t detect the smaller movements. Your operating system just compensates by moving your cursor farther when it does detect a movement, so the movement isn’t as smooth.

But again.. a lot of things matter. Your mouse pad and mouse sensor compatibility + mouse engine and sensor optimization+the way you hold and move your mouse+the game you are actually playing

An analogy to cars would be the relation between engine Power, torque + transmission, driver, race type
    (I am leaving aerodynamics, tires and brakes out of it)
  • Win 7
    Mouse 4400
    Game 2
    Accleration off
    Mouse logitech G500S
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,148Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Oh well, maps usually have 2 bombsites with 2 linear entrances. In comparison inner hospital has 4 for the 1 extraction. Playing 5v5 only instead of 12v12 is a factor as well as our beloved hiding spots like bushes (even worse in the Opt-in now) . It's fairly easy to preaim common spots in CS:GO, it's not so much in AA:PG because there are just too many positions. So overall I'd still blame it on map design.

In some ways it is annoying that there's so many places you can get killed from in this game. Many times you're left wondering where the shots came from. In a game like CS, it's a lot less common for that to happen. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I guess is left up to the player.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited September 2015
    generally a lower DPI means that your mouse see's human error/twitching less. Higher DPI see's more human error (if it exists)

Basically, what demon is saying is correct on a high level. But his technical reasoning isn't really explained thoroughly

High DPI essentially does the same thing a high tickrate server does.... It provides more snapshots of the state of reality between two points. In DPI's case its dots per inch. In other words, over the distance of an inch the amount times your sensor reports that the mouse has moved.

But think about that for a second. If aiming is moving your mouse from point A to point B as fast as possible and then maintaining aim on point B as it moves. Then maybe we don't want to see every single movement of the hand. Maybe what we really care about is the speed by which we apply when the sensor reports a movement?

In summation. DPI gives a more accurate picture about how your hand is moving. Sensitivity provides the speed or really the distance by which we respond to an action of the human hand. Higher DPI by definition will allow more human error (if it exists) into the software for parsing.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    edited September 2015
    let's face it though, when we start dealing with thousandths of an inch, DPI becomes less of a factor. Any human error that needs a change from 8-900DPI to say, 2200DPI to detect is probably so miniscule it can't be noticed/won't affect the shot. We're talking fractions of an inch that we can't even see here. Once your DPI passes your monitor's pixel density, DPI becomes irrelevant less relevant IMO. Higher polling rates are useful I think.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    So you are saying that we wouldn't notice how the Apple Pencil sends twice the data than a finger when using the iPad Pro?
    generally a lower DPI means that your mouse see's human error/twitching less. Higher DPI see's more human error (if it exists)

Basically, what demon is saying is correct on a high level. But his technical reasoning isn't really explained thoroughly

High DPI essentially does the same thing a high tickrate server does.... It provides more snapshots of the state of reality between two points. In DPI's case its dots per inch. In other words, over the distance of an inch the amount times your sensor reports that the mouse has moved.

But think about that for a second. If aiming is moving your mouse from point A to point B as fast as possible and then maintaining aim on point B as it moves. Then maybe we don't want to see every single movement of the hand. Maybe what we really care about is the speed by which we apply when the sensor reports a movement?

In summation. DPI gives a more accurate picture about how your hand is moving. Sensitivity provides the speed or really the distance by which we respond to an action of the human hand. Higher DPI by definition will allow more human error (if it exists) into the software for parsing.

Sorry but you are mistaken the relation between DPI and sensitivity.

400dpi with 10 in game sensitivity will move as fast as 1000 DPI with 4 in game sensitivity from point a to point b on your mouse pad. But 1000 DPI would register your stop more accurate then 400dpi.

Your explanation would work if the sensitivity was a constant.

And I think demon was not talking about human error but sensor error on fast movements
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I do know this much: you can't aim smaller than one pixel.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • RampageSSRampageSS Posts: 2Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I do know this much: you can't aim smaller than one pixel.

But you can increase your pixel density with higher resolution monitors. I noticed a lot of CS pro players play at lower resolutions, (1024x768) why is that?
  • for me right now, due to the issues I have in game, I am trying the higher DPI. I will tell you I am not the most computer hardware down to the smallest understanding of detail type person. What I can say is how things feel. At higher Dots Per Inch settings, I find it much more twitchy regardless of in-game setting, which in effect is what eKComm is saying. without touching the mouse, from time to time I will see the cursor jitter, which I take as the same as human error (could just be something on the mouse pad or surface causing it) as it is able to read 1000 dots in an inch vs say 400. I won't or rarely get these jitters from a low DPI. I understand that and that's cool.

Heart of my problem is, uncontrollable recoil that I cant tame which is why I was asking to see what everybody else was using so that I can have some hope of playing to a KDR of 1. that's all I can shoot for right now... a 1. It just is so freaking awful to play right now.

I wish I could use my shadowplay to show you, but I am one of the fortunate ones with a @#$%^& bug that won't let it record (tried the stop/start of the nvidia streamer service as per you tube - no joy). Lots are complaining about it, but NVidia is slow to fix. Also the WIN 10 recorder doesn't want to work with the opt-in for me. GRRRRRR.

sigh.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    I have no problem using both. Maybe it's something in your end causing problem, security software or firewall blocking it, Idk, just guessing.
    You can also try OBS. I don't know it but many use it. https://obsproject.com/
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited September 2015
    Nice theories here. In few cases theories represented by people who can not even aim fine.

Rubberboot: high DPI over 2000 is useless and not needed. I used to play on very high DPI with low sensitivity in game, for many years. Suddenly I decided to drop my DPI to 400 with sensitivity 11. I discovered that my performance and aim abilities went up suddenly. It took one day to get used to it. It is really worth to try.

DPI from 1200-1800 can give you nice turn speed with, still, good precision. It is tested by my aswell, believe me or not, but I tried dozens of possible DPI/sens configurations.

Low DPI + low sens gives you the best precision and accuracy as possible, but you must move your mouse faster. It only depends if you are patient to learn it or not. I am confused I used to play with high DPI.

Of course your DPI and sens settings is personal thing. There is no golden formula. But I can promise you if you spend some time with low dpi + low sens you will notice your skill boost very fast. My experience is the best example and when I read the funny "science" theories here I laugh.

I do not say here "My is the best! My is gold!". I was on the both sides of the barricade.
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    2400dpi 20 in game

Rolled from room to room. I do not wonder why do you call other people "cheaters".

Good night.
  • super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    An important detail that made a difference to me was the contact surface. My old G400, rest in peace, could track on almost any surface nearly flawlessly. I put it right on my desk, which has a smooth, almost gloss paper-type finish and it performed without any issue at all. When it came to the Deathadder however, it was shaky when moving on the surface. I use a nice mousepad now, and I believe it makes a difference. Do you have a good contact surface like a gaming mousepad?
  • Super6*1 wrote: »
    An important detail that made a difference to me was the contact surface. My old G400, rest in peace, could track on almost any surface nearly flawlessly. I put it right on my desk, which has a smooth, almost gloss paper-type finish and it performed without any issue at all. When it came to the Deathadder however, it was shaky when moving on the surface. I use a nice mousepad now, and I believe it makes a difference. Do you have a good contact surface like a gaming mousepad?

yes it is a good mouse pad I use, and it is big. my mouse allows different settings for DPI in X/Y directions. I may try playing with it to see if I can get a better vertical speed from it with a little higher DPI.

its worth a try....

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited September 2015
    Sorry but you are mistaken the relation between DPI and sensitivity.

400dpi with 10 in game sensitivity will move as fast as 1000 DPI with 4 in game sensitivity from point a to point b on your mouse pad. But 1000 DPI would register your stop more accurate then 400dpi.

Your explanation would work if the sensitivity was a constant.

And I think demon was not talking about human error but sensor error on fast movements

Sorry, but I'm not wrong. And what you just said proves me right. I never claimed sensitivity to be a constant at all. Remember DPI and Sensitivity are completely separate things. Sensitivity can only act upon information sent from your mouse. The frequency of updates in an inch of mouse movement is DPI.

Think of it like this. If i have a camera pointed at the sky i can either take a video at 2 fps or i could take the video at 32 fps. Obviously the 32 fps would be the closer to reality. Thats all DPI is. Its a measure of frequency.

Sensitivity is how much delta is applied to each frame of captured movement by the mouse.

Now for an example.

Lets also say that your DPI is 400
    Lets then say your in-game sens is 10

I move my mouse a half inch. thats 200 dots which if you have moved slow enough for polling rate and the software to keep up will directly translate to 200 x sensitivity = total in-game distance moved

Of course, polling rate, the frequency the unreal engine checks the mouse input and efficiency of design all have an effect in how many of those updates get recognized by the games software. But thats neither here nor there.

Higher DPI means a more accurate picture of the world. and multiplying exceedingly small movements by sensitivity is bad. lower DPI can hide these small jitters of the hand and protect against unintended human movements being reflected in game.

This is why the best FPS players in the world almost all play at or below 800 dpi

Facts... You best start learnin
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    DPI isn't resolution. It's dots per linear inch. Those dots at raw input translate directly to pixels (assuming perfect conditions).

The screen is larger than the mousepad (in almost all cases, that is). The higher you make the dpi, the more you scale mousepad motion AWAY from the screen screen motion (x movement on the pad = x movement on the screen). At 1000 dpi, you're already at about a 10:1 ratio of hand movement to cursor movement. Reducing the in-game sensitivity to bring that ratio down is a complete software downscale and makes little sense. It's better to stay at low DPI and approach raw input, as you are using less software scaling to achieve the desired ratio of hand movement to cursor movement.

I still would love to know what in-game sensitivity is closest to windows default. Would make sense if it were 20, but it's hard for me to tell.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    edited September 2015
    Don't worry I don't need to learn anything from a guy who constantly claims he is in fact good at writing in English but makes thousand grammar mistakes in almost every post he makes on forums...
    And I am not even a native speaker..

Facts... You best go back to school again ;)
    edited September 2015
    @tidididi : what worked for you might not work the same way for others. You are describing that the new method of moving your mouse helped you to improve a lot. There are ppl who like to hold the mouse with finger tips, and some others who place their palm on it. Totally different ways of moving the mouse and they would have different experience with DPI settings..