• `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    2070 dpi
    3 in game
    steelseries pad
    sensei raw rubber surface
    Oh well.
  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    edited September 2015
    best advice is to quit changing it every few minutes set it and leave it or else it will never feel right. the games seem to be different in the way the mouse feels to myself but I set it to about what I know from side to side movement and leave or else its back and forth and getting mad all the time at it.

default in windows
    enhanced pointer precision is off ( always off)
    dpi is 1600
    in game is 2.90
    steelseries fnatic giant mouse pad
  • thanks for the help... guess i have a few settings to try. i agree Wonkss, i shouldn't be changing it all the time yet i need to have a comfortable start point which i cant seem to find. like i said, it was fine in open and not so good in Opt-in.

as i don't hear too many others complain, as well as being on the wrong side of the gun barrel of most of the players who posted here, i am accepting it is my issue and not the games fault
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2015
    =IK=Wonkss wrote: »
    best advice is to quit changing it every few minutes set it and leave it or else it will never feel right. the games seem to be different in the way the mouse feels to myself but I set it to about what I know from side to side movement and leave or else its back and forth and getting mad all the time at it.

default in windows
    enhanced pointer precision is off ( always off)
    dpi is 1600
    in game is 2.90
    steelseries fnatic giant mouse pad

That's a great point, after changing your sensitivity you should ideally give them changes time to sink in, play for a while with it, you will never settle on anything concrete if you don't give any incremental changes enough time.

I remember when I first got the mouse I have now it's inexpensive and cabled (it has three DPI settings 600/800/1000), it was sooo different to my previous mouse, both in look and feel.. I seriously considered going out and getting another mouse exactly the same as my old one, but I stuck with it and over time, it's now probably the best mouse I've used, just took a little time to get used to :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    edited September 2015
    BTW - I'm using a RAT7 with 3 weights left installed, on a Phantom gaming mouse pad that is about 20x15 inches (so huge)

had/have a Deathadder, but feels too light and uncomfortable to use. nice mouse all the same but really light. the RAT's have generally played better for me
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, before I had a smaller mousepad and I was playing with some crazy high sens, something like +3000 dpi and 2/3 ingame and now that I bought a bigger one, I'm playing with 400 dpi and 9.5 ingame, there isn't a perfect combination for everyone, you just need to get use to it.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Personally, I prefer low sensitivity as it helps me to position myself better and play a smarter game, as well as be more accurate at range. Generally I just look out for moments when I get caught off guard. If I blow past the target I should have little trouble tracking, I need to tone it down. I would rather have to move my arm a bit more than try to manage micro-movements to stay accurate. Being able to 180 with the flick of a wrist might help in 1 time out of 10, but if it's happening 10 times you probably aren't playing the right way anyway. Generally people get frustrated with sensitivity because they feel out of control, and in my experience out of control is high sensitivity. The downside to low sensitivity, however, is that you do have to move more to control recoil.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,613Beta Tester
    14" Corsair mouse pad, raised 1" at the front.
    Chair set to proper height for my legs
    Table hacksawed to proper height :D so my elbow height is right at the table to pivot smoothly

Logitech G700s, wired.
    Logitech Gaming Software for the adjustments
    all the typical windows fixes as per what everyone does on Google, or here on the forum
    X axis DPI 3000
    Y axis DPI 5100
    Polling 1000
    In Game 2.00

Playing from the elbow, this gives me about 320 to 360 degrees of rotation if I put the mouse from edge to edge on that mouse pad. I won't say anything about the y-axis 'cause it's a trade secret.....:)

My main weapon is the M4 and I dare say the setup works well enough to allow me to check corners quickly and still do the Red Dot Head Shot....

:)

(And I suck as a player so ignore everything I just said.......)

Boot....I think there are two issues here: recoil control and movement. Also...I have seen the game (or my mouse software) mess with mouse sensitivity in a weird, non-repro way since January.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    That being said, no professional FPS players uses high sensitivity.

LOL no pros using high sens your funny. There are many different type of FPS's the faster the pace the game is usually the higher the sens.

Example CoD professionals are gonna have high sens. 100% CS pros are gonna have a very low sens. Expand your gaming knowledge before you go around the forums posting for everybody.

My bad for making it unclear. I said professional FPS players, as in the players of professional FPS games. I didn't say every player in the competitive scene of every FPS, i did that for a reason. There is only one FPS which is relevant as an E-esport and that is CS:GO. Obviously people will have higher sensitivity playing FPS games where aiming is less prominent and have a completely different playstyle.

Ill rephrase: In FPS games where aiming is the biggest factor, like CS:GO, the overwhelming majority of professional players use low sensitivity.

He asked what resulted in best aiming, not whats best for this game. If aiming is as prominent in this game as in CS:GO, im not so sure. Not sure what would be best for this game, i haven't played this game as much as others. All i can say is that for the most consistency with aiming low sensitivity gives the highest chance.

But even then there is still pros with fairly high dpi's for CSGO and that chart you posted or someone posted shows some people with really bad mouse settings.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,613Beta Tester
    The biggest and best change I ever made to avoid over-correction of my movements under stress and loss of fine motor, was to go to an elbow pivot method. Then, adjusting the mouse to suit, I regained the fine control AND got the ability to sweep a room quickly without a pickup.

I think we're getting off topic on Boot's issue though, and I know he's been getting more and more frustrated. He HAD it set up at one point. What happened?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    edited September 2015
    In Game: 6
    DPI: 800
    Windows: 6
    SS QCK mat.

This is a little too low for some of the quicker CQB action in this game, but most of the time its fine. I try to keep my sensitivity consistent across all the games I play. The lower sensitivity makes me feel a lot more accurate in CS: GO so I set AAPG to match.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    If you have a decent mouse you should always go with higher DPI and lower in game sensitivity to find your personal sweet spot.

The reason is simple, DPI is hardware accurate and in game is software calculated.

400 DPI and 10 sensitivity sounds the same as 1000 DPI and 4 sensitivity but second one is definitely more accurate with a decent gaming mouse
  • ]B4n4nA[JoG@ry]B4n4nA[JoG@ry Posts: 220Player
    edited September 2015
    I use the Force......
    Only joking of course.
    650dpi set in Logitech and default 20 in game.
    I prefer to leave game at default and tweak my mouse sens simply because if game settings get reset or I reinstall I don't have to remember what last setting was. Don't actually know which is best though.
  • SSKwaNted wrote: »
    Windows: 6
    DPI: 400
    Ingame: 9.5
    Resolution: 1600x1024 (black bars)

the same !!
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    edited September 2015
    If you have a decent mouse you should always go with higher DPI and lower in game sensitivity to find your personal sweet spot.

The reason is simple, DPI is hardware accurate and in game is software calculated.

400 DPI and 10 sensitivity sounds the same as 1000 DPI and 4 sensitivity but second one is definitely more accurate with a decent gaming mouse

There are 1920 pixels on the horizontal for most people. At 400 dots per (linear) inch, you would only need 5 inches of mousepad to match that resolution 1:1. Native is arguably better, but even that is tough because scaling algorithms are pretty amazing. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but I've seen no facts so far that higher DPI is in any way better unless you have abnormally high resolutions.

Of course I'm no expert and maybe I'm missing something, this is just based on what I've read about the subject.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Before I ever got a gaming mouse I used some pos with low dpi, this was beginning of AA3. It felt like I was playing on a grid sometimes I couldn't line up a headshot because of it.. once I got a gaming mouse that went away.. so although not proven I support the higher dpi lower in game

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • so last night I went thru a lot of these (thanks 4F, I used your server), and the best result for me is 1600 DPI and 10ish in game. As I like to carry out takedowns, I needed more ability to be turn freely to catch a squirming opponent. the lower settings, below 10 ingame, were way to slow for me - actually felt like my pawn was running in glue, and did not help with the recoil issue I have. Grouse, that setting you use is way to twitchy for me... I'm way to old and slow for it.

I am still seeing the strange, uncontrollable recoil happening though. it is firing like hip fire when ADS - it is so freaking random its frustrating. I watched other players play (again during my extensive beta testing of the team spectate feature) last night, and they don't have anything close to what I experience with the gun control. they have nice close groupings of shots... mine starts where I aim then 2nd/3rd shot start heading high right. I am already starting to adjust and it will then start going all over the place, just like the cone of inaccuracy from hip fire.

is anyone else having issues with shadow play? mine doesn't seem to want to work right now. I will try to get it working tonight, and I will post the video... would be nice to know if I'm just crazy or not...