...Opt-in Key bind eRRors

I do not use ANY of the default keys; I have been playing FPS's since they came out in the early 90's; i'm used to my setup.

After installing the new, permanent OPT-IN version.. all but 1 of my key binds transferred automatically.
The default sprint key is LEFT-SHIFT, I use RIGHT-ALT. This key doesnt work for turning sprint on & off.
There may perhaps be some other keys that do not work properly, I have not tried them all.

[The reason i rebind my keys is because i use the arrow keys, not WADSX or whatever it is.]
ARROW KEYS vs. WASD
  1. Do you use the ARROW keys or WASD to move forward, back, left, right?11 votes
    1. ARROW KEYS
        9.09%
    2. WASD
      90.91%
  2. Does anyone else have issues with key binding in the AAPG Opt-in version?11 votes
    1. It has Bugs.
      45.45%
    2. No bugs.
      54.55%

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Right ALT is used for admin and dev voice chat. There appears to be a conflict with the keybinding system. We can look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.
  • I have a problem with the command HOUAH! I am going to 1 ( settings ) 2 ( controts ) , I change the button and it still does not work.
  • I also have another problem with the new version, I give you an example : I drive and I succeeded , and not register, I guess it's a bug
  • I have some other bug since I was pass on this new version
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I have a problem with the command HOUAH! I am going to 1 ( settings ) 2 ( controts ) , I change the button and it still does not work.

You have to be a certain level/rank before Hooah can be used. I'm not sure about the un-registering, drive succession bug.. Sounds more like a Tiger Woods PGA Tour issue.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-Ninja_Jedi-SD-Ninja_Jedi Posts: 16Player
    ....There appears to be a conflict with the keybinding system. We can look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

FYI...: NUM5 doesnt work when i bind it to :/ BANDAGE :/

We will check it out. Thanks.
    I have no issues binding anything to the various numpad keys. The num lock has to be on of course for these to work.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,169Player
    ....There appears to be a conflict with the keybinding system. We can look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

FYI...: NUM5 doesnt work when i bind it to :/ BANDAGE :/

lol thats what I use too. Arrows and numpad huh? :)
    I have no issues binding anything to the various numpad keys.

.....i know what it is: after switching to OPT-IN all of my key binds transferred but they did NOT work. I didn't test properly cuz i thought it was a different kind of bug.

To fix that, i had to reset all of my keys to DEFAULT then rebind them again. AAPPG stored the custom binds but for some reason they just wouldnt work. There was even a tooltip for NUM5 but it still didnt work until i reset it then changed it back again. [LOL - Im being redundant, redundant.]

opt-in%20binds.jpg

lol thats what I use too. Arrows and numpad huh? :)

WoLvEEEEEE!!!

YES! i cant help it.. all those early 90's FPS's and simulators are to blame. It was hard switching to a mouse though.. took a while. I think Rainbow 6, OFP, AA , and etc.. put the nail in that coffin though. I dunno how people can squeeze onto the WASD keys.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Arrow keys makes sense. You can slide over your keyboard and have more room in front for a large mousepad. I might change to that after I wear out my wsad keys.
    googley avatar aapg

Once again, after the update - my key binds do not work. I will have to set the keys to default then rebind them. FYI. Its not the end of the world but it would be nice if it didn't have to be done after every update. :#
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    Theres a file called "AAPreservedSettings.ini", open that in notepad and check that your special settings are there.
    It works for me, all keybinds carry over from version to version.

As a last resort, i have a txt file with the binds that i execute if it for some reason should be messed up.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Be kind don't bind.. o:) use in game settings to configure like 98% of us do, thanks.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Yes, these ini-tuners all the time.. So unfair! :(