Opt-In Beta Audio and You!

Comments

• omerta`jeeomerta`jee Posts: 54Player
    lol that leaning animation.

Also one thing I miss is being able to hear the pin pulled on grenades. I really hope they will bring it back. I think that was a really big thing that balanced grenades in aa2. I always thought they haven't added it back because it was a bug or haven't gotten to it. I'd be disappointed if the plan was to leave it how it is on purpose.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Yah well I hear fine and pretty good with my settings. Im not having trouble hearing footsteps at all. If I go to flat eq and turn svm off I would prolly not hear footsteps very well, and loud noise would really muffle out the footsteps.

Sound should be good without our expensive sound cards. Its like optimization, the game should run fine on low end pcs, high ends computer should just amplify the experience. Game should sound fine with onboard settings, our cards should amplify the already good sounds (when they get there)

By now (9 pages in) I think the devs got the point, sounds are baadddd.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • SlipperyFishSlipperyFish Posts: 2Player
    One problem I found is the AUDIO DEVICE, selection is missing. The fact you could shift which audio device you played to during the game was a real bonus. To lose that is too bad. Especially when you are switching between headset and external sound. Now you have to exit the game to do so.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Yah well I hear fine and pretty good with my settings. Im not having trouble hearing footsteps at all. If I go to flat eq and turn svm off I would prolly not hear footsteps very well, and loud noise would really muffle out the footsteps.

Sound should be good without our expensive sound cards. Its like optimization, the game should run fine on low end pcs, high ends computer should just amplify the experience. Game should sound fine with onboard settings, our cards should amplify the already good sounds (when they get there)

By now (9 pages in) I think the devs got the point, sounds are baadddd.

It is good I just tried with my onboard and its fine. I don't hear footsteps as clearly as I do on my normal setup but I still hear footsteps and other sounds fine.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• [qbc]Seb[qbc]Seb Posts: 3Player
    I have a sound blaster Z with sennheiser game one and i can hardly heard footstep
    [qbc]Seb wrote: »
    I have a sound blaster Z with sennheiser game one and i can hardly heard footstep

and that is because you do not have it setup properly.

• sounds seem muffled to me in general and gun fire seems to have an odd echo to it. otherwise i think the gun sounds are going in a decent direction.
  • (AN)-n0cturnal(AN)-n0cturnal Posts: 1Player
    They are different for sure... The weapon sounds aren't that great. I dont mind the footstep noise change.

Would like to see the "position ID" thing on the HUD again!
    sounds seem muffled to me in general and gun fire seems to have an odd echo to it. otherwise i think the gun sounds are going in a decent direction.
    Sounds are muffled due to the HDR thing.

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    One problem I found is the AUDIO DEVICE, selection is missing. The fact you could shift which audio device you played to during the game was a real bonus. To lose that is too bad. Especially when you are switching between headset and external sound. Now you have to exit the game to do so.

I hope that's temporary. I have to change the audio for my entire PC now to my headset.

Or is there another way?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I can't understand some frustrations, yes some sounds are weird or sound wrong, but if you put them niggles on the back-burner for a second and consider other things about the new sound engine..

what about the sounds when your teammate (or enemy) is firing from behind you from quite a distance and your hearing his bullets whizz past your head, or the sonic echo of firing a powerful rifle in an open space, or when someone is firing at you and the bullets are smashing concrete or metal all around you? the more time you spend playing and you really start to listen, and start to adapt to all the new sounds.. see past shortcomings, actually a lot of the sounds are very cool and very immersive.

What I'm saying is, not all sounds are bad in this build, surely others can hear the awesomeness of gunfights nowtoo? infact I believe once they have all the directional things sorted out and footstep sounds are tweaked.. and ironing out all the legitimate concerns highlighted in this very thread.. it's gonna be awesome and far better than what it was :)

I think a lot of the frustration is simply because it's completely different to what we had. Let's give it a chance before we condemn it is my advice.. it's grown on me, maybe it will for you guys too :)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    It's very early and a lot can change. I know there is a module coming that is supposed to do something similar to cmss3d and I desperately hope it works. That being said, I just wanted to point out that the quick jab when we talk about creative cards or cmss3d is that "sorry your really expensive hardware has been equalized." I spent 50 dollars on my soundcard, and that's all that is really needed since the hardware is less important than the software/drivers that process the sound. Now, if the headphone module doesn't do a decent job of reproducing a 3d soundspace, we have to invest $100 or more in decent 5.1 headphones, which are far more hardware dependent and thus have less room for value solutions. So the whole "this levels the playing field from a cost perspective" is hardly justified. Before, any headphones and a bottom level creative card were enough to be competitive, now it just makes sense to dump more money into a 5.1 headphone since it will best reflect today's sound processing. I'm not saying any developer decision was a bad one, the sound engine is better and clearly has more flexibility, I just think it's silly to mock a soundcard all things considered.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • [1stCav].Liban[1stCav].Liban Posts: 7Player
    Dear devs we (Gamers) need a sounds to play for esport match and casual play no to real battlefield simulation,
    if we don't get perfect sounds with clear directional and correct distancing we cannot play. If we stop play game, game is lost like AA3, this is sad but many times the game was dying because esport community ceased to grow and game don't had good promotion in internet, look at CS this game have simple sounds, VFX and physics but it makes the game is playable and People play it for years.
    I would like to AA: PG returned to the glory years of AA 2, I started play when i was 13 years old so i playing 10 years want play next 10 years in AA:PG
  • omerta`dudeomerta`dude Posts: 3Player
    was removing the nade pin sounds intentional? if yes, please explain. if no, working towards a fix?
  • [Beer_Me]Radical[Beer_Me]Radical Posts: 27Player
    Went in and noticed that sounds =reminds me of the old counter strike. I like the footstep sound of the orginal PG version over the new as well as weapon fire. Weapon magazine switch and cocking seem to me on point. I would suggest striveing more to realistic weapons fire and movement sounds while leaving the rest as is.
  • .SuN..SuN. Posts: 6Player
    edited April 2015
    The look and feel of the new weapons is nice, but the sound is absolutely terrible. It's several steps back and I'm having a hard time understanding why this change was made. If modifying the sound engine gives the devs more control that's a good thing, unless these are the kinds of changes that they wanted the control to implement.

[*] Weapons sound like toy guns. They're so faint it's almost like your soldier is supposed to have earplugs in. Maybe this is a design decision.
    [*] Footsteps are virtually non-existent. An opponent can come sprinting up on you and you won't hear them.
    [*] The echo and reverb inside buildings is like being inside a tin can. It amplifies the sound outside as much as it does anything inside.
    [*] The ability to use your ears to hear where fire is coming from or where an opponent may be creeping up on you is almost lost. You have to be indoors to hear any steps, but that's an artifact of the mixing issues that is apparently causing the echo problems. It's just really unbalanced sound.
    [*] The sounds you do hear are very difficult/impossible to place, whether using 5.1 or headphones, and I am using a well configured Creative Z card.
    [*] The M1911 round is much louder than the 5.56 rounds, and I can't understand why.

I'm pretty happy with most of the changes, but the sound is an unmitigated disaster, in my opinion. It's basically game breaking. In the current AA-PG, the sound is great, if anything it's a little "overpowered" because it's so good. This new release sound is absolutely gimped.
  • -=1S1K=-MK-1982-=1S1K=-MK-1982 Posts: 16Player
    I think the sound it is still bad....

Actually even if I put the sound 100% in windows and 100% in the game the sound is not very loud
    edited April 2015
    After a lot of time spent on the opt in already honor 6. I have come to realize quite a few sound issues. I have helped a few people get the sound to work as expected. But overall these are some of the issues. Right now I hear footsteps fine, But I feel like I am one of the only ones.

#1 The HDR can be overwhelming sometimes and I think this might be a major issue with people that don't have the greatest sound or have the sound setup properly.
    #2 The is no up and down. You can't really tell what floor the enemy is on when you hear their footsteps.
    #3 Sometimes the footsteps seem closer than they really are.
    #4 There is some places in some maps that seem to have very low footstep noise or no footstep noise at all.
    #5 These are tied to the HDR thing I assume but when a grenade goes off near you. It makes it hard to hear people. Here is my thinking on this. If it is like that for me. It must be really bad for someone who doesnt have a good sound card or good sound setup or sound setup properly.
    #6 I am hearing a lot of people are having trouble with directional sound I am not having trouble telling where sounds are coming from at all, But I have an XFI Titanium HD which has CMSS3D and I think this is what is helping me in that department so much. So everyone without CMSS3D needs some sorta of CMSS3D replacement. I do not have sound blaster z to know if their sbx pro studio surround is working as good as CMSS3D is for me, But I imagine if it is setup correctly it would.

Overall I hear better in the opt in than I do in the open beta. Once a z axis is added and certain areas on maps that make no footstep noise are fixed and sounds start to sound better on metal and other surfaces. It will be a huge difference on sound vs open beta sound.

For the next OPT IN I would try completely removing the HDR EFFECT as a test to see if this is people issues.

• {4F}ChickenHawk{4F}ChickenHawk Posts: 1Player
    I am having a very difficult time with the sound myself. Some are very overpowering and some are almost non existent. One example is that on the old three kings map I was at the back of the clock tower leaning out from behind the wall watching the rush up the middle and a guy came up the far outside alley behind me and started shooting me in the back. first off I heard no footsteps at all but when he was firing at me I could barely even hear his gun shooting. By the time I was dead I realized he was 15 feet behind me. This is just one place I know I had issues. Other times I can hear them but can not tell for sure which direction they are coming from. I have a Logitech usb H340 headset and have no problems in the original beta at hearing them coming and it is a lot better directionally as well. I hope it this helps you out some.
  • _Sgf_Satarra_Sgf_Satarra Posts: 7Player
    edited April 2015
    Why was my post removed from forum?!
    And all quoted replies also?!
    Moderators [mod edit]
This discussion has been closed.