Pixelated Reddot Opt-in

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I can't think of a reason the dot would be suddenly pixelated, but I will poke Dev JudgementDay about this.

Hopefully he can figure out what is going on!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Remember UNREAL is a 16:10 engine you want perfect round pick a 16:10 resolution. 16:9 is only here cause of the marketing campaign '1080 bro ' from TV's and consumers falling for it, hence everyone looks kinda fat and sights kinda off. 1440, 1200, 1050 try one of those.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• feldeX^feldeX^ Posts: 59Player
    edited August 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Remember UNREAL is a 16:10 engine you want perfect round pick a 16:10 resolution. 16:9 is only here cause of the marketing campaign '1080 bro ' from TV's and consumers falling for it, hence everyone looks kinda fat and sights kinda off. 1440, 1200, 1050 try one of those.

like i write i can not chance my resolution when i try to chance,it switch back to 1920x1080 when i close the menu.And in open beta everything is ok with the same settings
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Are you hitting "Save Changes"?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player

Yep. Just look at the mini-map compass. It is not a perfect circle at 1920x1080.
    googley avatar aapg

OMG i was in fullscreEn/windowed mode :D switch to full screen now i can change resolution but the pixelated dot is still there
    Hmm. Well, I hope Tots finds something! In the meantime, can you do a screenshot instead of a video? The quality will be better. I would like to see exactly what we're dealing with here.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited August 2015
    http://www.pic-upload.de/view-28034704/AAGame_2015_08_15_08_58_48_269.jpg.html
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
    edited August 2015
    Totally normal. Go to local Gun shop and look threw one.

********Bam4D********

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Normal lmao omg Bam...

That's brutal .. I think that's worse than mine, mine represents a circle but still pixelated, unlike all the other dots on various scopes and cross hair which are perfect

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited August 2015
    Thanks DoGo. I won't say any more until Tots does some digging.

:)
    ______

Totally normal. Go to local Gun shop and look threw one.

Local Gun Shop???Iam from Germany our attitude to weapons is diffent as yours!If this pixelated is normal why its not in the open beta?
    Cause AA has always been high on the realism curve and we are heading that way..

Here you go:

********Bam4D********

Cause AA has always been high on the realism curve and we are heading that way..

Here you go:

Jea i know/see what you talking about but this is not what i see in the game

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Nothing against you DoGO+, but it seems strange so many want to help out on a bug that may just be a singularity. Applaud the community. Maybe there is hope for Mankind after all.

Maybe you need to set your Anti aliasing level higher or to Morphological?
    googley avatar aapg

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I've always had that "bug" so I've never thought it's a bug actually.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    [TOS Violation] you guys have good eye sight. I need to be about 10cm from screen to notice it not entirely round lol
    as for shooing at distance.... I cant see enemy that far either so it not going to affect me..... that me with glasses on btw ;)
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    JoGary wrote: »
    [TOS Violation] you guys have good eye sight. I need to be about 10cm from screen to notice it not entirely round lol
    as for shooing at distance.... I cant see enemy that far either so it not going to affect me..... that me with glasses on btw ;)

Yeah, same for me. Hate gaming with glasses so I just never put them on for that.
    edited August 2015
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Nothing against you DoGO+, but it seems strange so many want to help out on a bug that may just be a singularity. Applaud the community. Maybe there is hope for Mankind after all.

Maybe you need to set your Anti aliasing level higher or to Morphological?

Iam not the only one with this Issue, some ppl dont care about,some deal with it,i try all possible settings.Sometimes its hard to spott the center of the dot its not only the blinking its also the size change when aiming at different backrounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXQGqOL1Z4

BTW:I need to wear my glasses :D

• JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    edited August 2015
    Take them of and you will not see pixalation.... problem solved lol ;-)