Reg Issue Videos

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player

Some of these might be caused by bugs where I see myself shooting but the server does not. Still thought I would post of a video and see if it helps any.
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player

I imagine this is the same thing.
  • TearTear Posts: 19Developer
    I'd be curious to compare what you see on your client to a server side demorec.

Hop on FNG01 and see if you can record more of the same. Note the map name and time of day. Grab the demorec and sync it with your client side recording in a side by side comparison.

Perhaps we can see just how different the two views really are?

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer

Some of these might be caused by bugs where I see myself shooting but the server does not. Still thought I would post of a video and see if it helps any.

This is almost certainly an issue where the server and your client disagree that you are holding a weapon/have a weapon with ammo. I notice you had no issue once you reloaded.

With the M24, if you hit a player in the legs or lower torso it deals a lot of damage but isn't a one-shot kill. It is possible for some of those shots you simply hit them low. Other shots do appear to be legit however.

We believe there may be an issue where the client and serevr get out of sync when throwing a grenade. When you throw a grenade, do you equip it first or do you use the one-click solution (i.e. hit 4 or 5)? Do you generally cook grenades?

Thanks.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    i think it's the bug. where you need to let off the trigger for the server to realize you are shooting. both colts and hbk's video's seem to indicate at first attempt the enemy took no damage, but 2nd attempt they dropped just as expected. no clue how to find and fix this bug. in the meantime i'd suggest more burst and less full auto.
    -

the bolt action footage i think is same bug but with different solution. i think you gotta swap gun or reload to get the server to accept your actions.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited April 2015
    we've all seen this bug yesterday many, many times. a teammate would stand and stare at an enemy. he said he unloaded on the guy and all the people spectating him had to point out that for us he never fired a shot.
    -
    hope this bug gets figured out and fixed asap.
    -
    i remember seeing this exact bug in previous version many months ago, mostly with the bolt action. you would have to swap or reload to fix. seems that is still true, except now it also occurs with other weapons, not just the bolt.

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited April 2015

I always equip my grenades first than pull than cook.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Ahhhh.. This may have just explained why I have been blasting people with the SAW and at times they simply refuse to go down.

..and to think I was gonna blame my aim too :lol:

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We figured out repro for it today and Philbax is working on making it vanish as we speak :)
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• TearTear Posts: 19Developer
    +1 for repro. gg's tots.
  • -v3.Bart!-v3.Bart! Posts: 125Player
    It's not necessarily the same as hitreg in this topic, but I want to address it anyways:

What do you think about current animation of leaning, and animations of anchoring?

I see so many times bugging the [TOS Violation] out of leaning because the animation is too fast, even at AA2 you were not leaned this instantly.
    Also anchoring, going up down up down left right while having perfect accuracy, any plans to change any of that?

They all contribute to a very annoying experience of not being able to hit somebody due to hitboxes being weird.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • CHRON1ZCHRON1Z Posts: 4Player
    edited April 2015
    I've had this happen to me many times.
  • omerta`jeeomerta`jee Posts: 54Player
    iron and i sit next to each other and we both have shadow plays where we look like we're shooting and the spectator doesn't see it. we both saved the exact same clip so they can be put side-by-side. I can edit them together if wanted.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    id say thi

When you get the double cross hair the server does not see that your shooting even though the client is showing you you are. Anytime this happens you gotta stop shooting unzoom and rezoom.

• valid|Dropvalid|Drop Posts: 33Beta Tester
    Nice videos guys. Great input.