Permanent Opt-in: Pros/Cons & Thoughts

Comments

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    found a little sound bug,don't think this is supposed to happen

i would like to submit a bug report trough my profile page as instructed but nothing happens when i click it.

We have this bug in our database now demon, thanks.
  • -[nlkc]-eXIst-[nlkc]-eXIst Posts: 4Player
    My weighted priority list:

FPS/Smoothness of the game: 30%
    Comment: Current build does not run smooth, I have experienced several in-game situations that caused severe lag spikes that I have not seen in the beta we all grown used to. I think the current version represents a major step down in that direction.

Accuracy/hit detection 30%
    Comment: I think that the hit detection is similar to the old AAPG beta version, before my video review I thought that hits did not register clearly but video recordings proofed that it was my aim, getting used to the slightly changed weapon mechanics. I think the opt-in is on par with the old beta.

Sound Accuracy: 20%
    Personally one of the main reasons why I always enjoyed the AA series is the tactical use of sound and map awareness etc.
    The sound in this version is an abomination. I have wasted a ton of time using soundcard/headset 5.1 or stereo from default settings to known customs as well as a USB Logitech G35 to find a setting that is playable. I hear my footsteps very loud and sometimes /rarely intermittent footsteps if a teammate is running in front of me at a slight angle. You could dance behind me before going for a choke. Also absolutely no directional sound for me when it comes to nades, bullets etc. . The guns are very loud, lawsuit loud and they sound terrible. This is by far and beyond the worst sound that I have ever experienced in any game. If anybody has a fix for this I would love to get some input on how to solve this issue. I read that many people like the new sound.

GFX 15%
    The graphics are definitely improved, I just don't think that GFXs are very important for an online shooter. If I want eye candy I would play a different game. Nevertheless big step up in my opinion.

Bugs 5%
    Its a beta so there will be bugs. Shadows through walls or body parts through walls are the only things that bother me here. Not a big difference to the old version.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited August 2015
    -Ner0- wrote: »

i would like to submit a bug report trough my profile page as instructed but nothing happens when i click it.

Here is Bug Report Help. Maybe you have to login, if so, click the link again.
    http://www.americasarmy.com/embed/bugreport/

Why the Dislikes on Bug Report Help? I know it have been useful for others with this issue. That's why I keep posting it when I see people can't access Bug report.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player

Here is Bug Report Help. Maybe you have to login, if so, click the link again.
    http://www.americasarmy.com/embed/bugreport/

Why the Dislikes on Bug Report Help? I know it have been useful for others with this issue. That's why I keep posting it when I see people can't access Bug report.

Because a dislike is faster than writing a reply like now .The login possibility was the first that was checked,even managed to detach my steam from my game profile trying if the other options work,asking around friends if the bug report works for them failed also.If you are a carebear about virtual dislikes i can remove it to make you happy since i had to answer this anyway.
    edited August 2015
    I was asking because The Bug report help was helpful for others and was wondering why it didn't helped you.
    -
    You did as described in the Bug report help?: "Please visit the America's Army Jira Page and accept the security certificate or add an exception for "https://aa.amrdec.army.mil/jira" to allow access to the bug tracker."
    qil6I0j.png?1
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I 'used' to also have problems after following that Bug report help :lol:

Since I've upgraded my PC, for some reason it lets me use it now..

2dbqpmq.jpg

before I would just get a big blank white page that was loading forever with no info on it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited August 2015
    I 'used' to also have problems after following that Bug report help :lol:

Since I've upgraded my PC, for some reason it lets me use it now..

2dbqpmq.jpg

before I would just get a big blank white page that was loading forever with no info on it.

I never had any issues after accepting the security certificate. Remember to reload the page after accepting the certificate.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited August 2015
    thanks for the instructions,took a while for me to work but it does now,was a certificate issue.
  • K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    I finally played some today..

Much has been already said but still

1- Game looks better and the maps changes are nicely done
    2- Different footsteps on different objects are nice but still not consistent
    3- I dont know if it is the new shiny textures but if my eyes got tired after 1-2 hours of playing, this never happened in the old beta (I use max settings for graphics)
    4- Gun sounds are still a bit weird (sometimes too loud, sometimes too thin)
    5- Flashes and nades make weird sounds. It feels too weak if you are 5m away from it.
    6- I didn't have the problem hearing footsteps and their origin but the weapon sounds were hard to distinguish direction wise.
    7- Even with smoothed 144fps the game felt somewhat less fluent compared to old beta. I only played on 2 servers, so could be also another issue like lag or server performance
    8- Still lot of bugs with objective sounds, revives etc (all reported above)

• CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    Is there a server running the comp mode? What changes does this mode include?
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Why i always need to delete my ini files due to aagame.exe failure???...Every day i have to do the same and set my settings again
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Coverlux wrote: »
    Is there a server running the comp mode? What changes does this mode include?

Good question. Does the skull icon on the server browser list stand for hardcore or comp/classic mode?
    Also, my fps go to crap every time i hit refresh on the browser list.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • [GFT]=Joker=[GFT]=Joker= Posts: 11Player
    edited August 2015
    Well, not bad but the old version was better for my opinion. The new weapons sound is good but the M4A1 sounds like a plastic weapon. On carpet floor the footsteps are too much quiet i think. General i think footsteps and soldier sounds are a bit too quiet, listen to any sounds was a very tactical element of AAPG please don´t ruin that!

The server side, what about an option to disable sniper class and what about the incap view settings...
    bAllowIncapMode_SpectateBody=xxx
    bAllowIncapMode_ActionCam=xxx
    bAllowIncapMode_3pOrbit=xxx
    bAllowIncapMode_FreeCam=xxx

...i miss them in the new server ini.

Further i can´t login as admin on console like before ( AdminLogin xxpasswordxx ), is there a new syntax?

If i change some settings in game and try to resume sometimes the option menu is closing but i still have my mouse arrow and can´t do anything than reconnect.

It would be nice if the timer for incap soldiers in which time revive is possible is customizable. I think it´s a good idea but the time should be increased a bit otherwise i be afraid revives going be a rarity.

I miss the smoke granades!? ...only Fog in new version?

The granade detonation should be a bit louder on distance.

Edit:
    Can no longer prone crawl and remain scoped in.
    ...thats one of the best changes for me!
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    The game is fun, like everything, just don't understand the sound. I'm using a simple DAC, nothing fancy, and I realize it could be better, but I would imagine I'm a fantastic test case as that will be your average player. And for me, I spend more time trying to figure out why my pawn is the green giant and my teammates and enemies are ninjas than anything else. Same with my gun. I have a full auto 30-6 and my teammate next to me has a full auto confetti rifle. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but it's just so hard to reconcile my sounds with the sound of the world around me. What am I missing?
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
    thanks for the instructions,took a while for me to work but it does now,was a certificate issue.

It is for everyone.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited August 2015
    I just seem to suffer from a lot of perceived inconsistencies.. It's hard to explain when things can happen so fast.. One minute I can be hearing a guy about to sneak around a corner, I'm ready to rain fire.. but I can't hear the guy who came up right behind me killing me who instantly ties me up. I try to tell myself he must have crawled.. but I really don't feel that’s the case, i'm usually quite spatially aware but I never quite feel that awareness as well as I did before anymore.

Another thing is the weird effects that can be heard from quite a distance, through walls and through floor levels.. Like a guy healing up or being close enough to hear an enemy shouting when throwing a grenade but not hear him moving, or panning a certin way on the spot and hearing something happening elsewhere in the map, suddenly become OTT loud.. certain things about the sound on the whole just seem to be very weird sometimes.

I refuse to believe any of this inconsistency is caused by my sound setup, lack of a dedicated £300 soundcard or uber 7.1 earcups.. It's definitely a problem with how the sounds come across in the game, however they are being handled.

Don't get me wrong.. when it's not sounding jacked up which to be fair most of the time it's fine.. I think it actually sounds a TONNE better than ever before.. A lot more immersive, minus that airsoft M4 :lol: it's definitely better, but on the other hand its also worse. Lets hope they nail it all down.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    The M4 sounds better than before, in my opinion. However it seems like it will be polished. The transitions between single shots when firing rapidly in full auto sounds a bit choppy. I enjoy the opt-in and it gives me hope that the release will be decent. The server browser filter needs an option for classic/comp mode though.
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I agree Uni-Sol, but I feel a lot of it's down to map design. I get the feeling with this new sound system they are using you can attach certain sound properties to an object or surface, but if you end up doing that inconsistently you get this.. Perhaps the devs can shed more light on the true workings, as I am just guessing here.
  • TonyZ.itTonyZ.it Posts: 25Player
    Sometimes when you close the Launcher go CRASH is normal ?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited August 2015
    M4 sounds like a toy gun to me. IDK why it's so hard to get the sound right. Heck, just grab the sounds from AA2 or AA3, at least they sounded cool.

I think the game looks great at this point, but at the same time, it will fail miserably if the sound is in its current state upon release. I hope that the Devs aren't foolish enough to release the game without the sound being in top shape.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
This discussion has been closed.