Ranks or Honor?

2»

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Actually there is both already (not displayed though), proof can be seen on your stats page. Within the E-2 rank that most of us are at atm there are 5 levels for example. Note how on your opt-in stats there are "LevelRank" and "MaxInRankLevel". I guess it's 5 levels for every rank, somewhat similar to AA3 where it was 10? I believe.

In AA3 you could see your level (honor) on your profile but others could only see your rank in-game IIRC. At least this should come back if not even the ability for others to see it in-game.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I would like you guys to have an honor level and rank next to honor level or before honor level in the score board. I would also like to have the motivation of hey I just ranked up a level. Right now it does not tell you your ranked up. Your icon stays the same for far too long while ranking up. Someone could have 5000 total points, and someone could have 18000 points and be the exact same rank according to score board, SEE THE PROBLEM?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    I would like you guys to have an honor level and rank next to honor level or before honor level in the score board. I would also like to have the motivation of hey I just ranked up a level. Right now it does not tell you your ranked up. Your icon stays the same for far too long while ranking up. Someone could have 5000 total points, and someone could have 18000 points and be the exact same rank according to score board, SEE THE PROBLEM?

We saw the problem right away. We actually have a level within ranks system in place, so that one advances from a private (1) to a private (2) and so on up to a private (5) before being promoted to PFC (1). However that is all still invisible to the player and something we will be looking to address.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    BTW just want to add I am very happy with the new rank system so far my only issue is how it is displaying in the scoreboard.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,614Beta Tester
    Is there any reason we couldn't have points accumulating toward rank increases in a way that the two....old and new....systems could be used together? It would educate about the Army, give incentive AND have a clearer numerical value to understand....?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • {Armada}mango!{Armada}mango! Posts: 24Player
    Why not combine them? CS has a rank combined with a numeric value. You have a cool symbol representing your rank AND a value to make easy distinctions the uninformed. Like me.
  • =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I prefer to see a numeric value.. same thing goes for health !!

yeah
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 169Player
    edited August 2015
    frankof wrote: »
    I prefer honor as its easier for most players to understand that 80 is higher than 30.
    How many regular players know the difference between SFC and 1SG?
    (without googeling it)

+1
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    I'm all for both rank and honor.. as i like both for different reasons... Just easier to take a quick glance at scoreboard and understand average player experience in server with honor system - also for the opt - in stats in profile on web - there's like a hundred numerical columns just dedicated to showing leg shot arm shot etc, a visual body heat map and grouping of numbers would be more aesthetically pleasing - How the stats are displayed is downright ugly and atrocious- enemies neutralized vs times you have been neutralized is separated by 20 columns of other stats.. Is this suppose to discourage people from being able to figure out their k/d easily? Also no stat for K/D or anything like that? I don't care about k/d i just like to be able to check easily whether i'm improving or not
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    edited August 2015
    Any word on when stats will be wiped yet?
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Stat wipe?..we just got the opt in... they said it will be bi weekly updated.. so guessing roughly 2 months worth of updates before they declare it's stable.. force everyone from open beta to opt in.. then maybe a reset .. in other words don't hold your breath

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • underwareunderware Posts: 23Player
    Guess I'll hold my breath till then. I just hate to lose all unlocks and achievements.