Ranks or Honor?

Hey guys to be Honest I´m not a friend of the new Ranksystem they try or implement to the game. Maybe I missed a thread about it cause I wasnt here for a long time. I just want to figure out what community things about it.

I prefer the Honorsystem 1 - 100 or 10 - 100 like in old days.
Rank or Honor?!
  1. What do you prefer?44 votes
    1. Ranksystem
      45.45%
    2. Honorsystem
      54.55%

Comments

• CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    New? The rank system was already in AA3. Voted for Ranks.
  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    For me it is new I didnt play AA3 Im sorry for that, I didnt like it. But its your opinion and thats why I opened a poll. But I´m also confused first Honor and now Ranks...

Thank you for you vote
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,076Moderator
    I prefer honor as its easier for most players to understand that 80 is higher than 30.
    How many regular players know the difference between SFC and 1SG?
    (without googeling it)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Can somebody post the link where the new honor system is described in detail?
  • -v3.Bart!-v3.Bart! Posts: 125Player
    frankof wrote: »
    I prefer honor as its easier for most players to understand that 80 is higher than 30.
    (without googeling it)

My idea as well.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • n1]CeparSo^n1]CeparSo^ Posts: 60Player
    edited August 2015
    (without googeling it)

Thats the point, ranks are more military but honor easier to understand

• Hc|Captain(HUN)Hc|Captain(HUN) Posts: 112Player
    This is a military game so we should have ranks, not honor. I dont think so that its hard to understand. Cs:go have also rank system and 50% of the players are less then 15 years old :D I vote for ranks

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
  • CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    (without googeling it)
    Just tried the opt-in. I got a suggestion. Right now nothing pops up when you move the cursor over the rank on the scoreboard. Make it so that there's a small pop up window that says which rank it is and the E-X number of the rank.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I like Ranks more than a numerical level, more fitting for the game too.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,076Moderator
    cK^CeparSo wrote: »
    Thats the point, ranks are more military but honor easier to understand
    Yepp, but strictly speaking, the top 3 ranks are strictly administrative, you wont find any of them on the battlefield, so the "realistic" argument is sort of moot ;)

ss_4_frankof.png
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    edited August 2015
    They could find a way to make ranks easier to read or keep both.
    Oh well.
  • -sh!No^.newGen--sh!No^.newGen- Posts: 7Player
    The most important thing with ranks and honor should be to create a motivating system with it. At this time it is more demotivating, cause progress takes to long.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I prefer to see a numeric value.. same thing goes for health !!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I prefer to see a numeric value.. same thing goes for health !!

AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I agree that the honor (point) system is easier to read but this is the US Army and they have an opportunity for you all to learn the ranks.
    googley avatar aapg

• CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    I prefer the ranks for the realism aspect. It is undeniable that the honor system is easier, though.
  • k00k13m0nst4k00k13m0nst4 Posts: 8Player
    edited August 2015
    Hmm, I don't know... I'm for ranks...I'm tired od honor number :tired_face:
  • .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    Why can't we have both? I have been playing on the new opt in for a few days now and my rank is still the same (the icon that is). So why not have the private icon plus a number beside it? That way its more distinguishable. Right now everyone in the opt in have the same "rank", even though they are at different levels within that rank it that makes any sense...
    In the main menu my rank is "private (pv2-III) but in a server all you see is the "^" icon which doesn't make sense to me.
    ss_4_AliGator...png

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    If you think about it, it kinda helps with team stacking, that thing that everyone hates, but do it anyway :lol:

At least it will this early on.. until enough people get high ranked, then people will be known as 'Rank Stackers' :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• .6ix.AliGator.6ix.AliGator Posts: 165Player
    I thought one of the main reasons for them to change the ranking system was because it was impossible to reach the highest level. That might be fixed now, but I'm not getting the satisfaction of "ranking up" since the icon is still the same "private". This is just a motivational thing, in game I would rather see the private icon (^) plus a number beside it...
    ss_4_AliGator...png