Aim punch?

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited June 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »
    I've been the same name and account for 11yrs.. I think it gives credibility of character IMO. ;) ...

My opinion too. Or, at least one name per major version. :p
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited June 2015
    I'd agree but sometimes you may need to create a new account, there are many reasons why a person would want or need to. To use myself as an example, I only created a new one for an escape from people recognising me, to get away from such a small community where you can feel trapped, after which still being able to participate, without a 'brand'. I simply didn't want people to know who I was, (even if they could have found out anyway) and that's a matter of privacy, not ill will.

What if one needs to escape the clutches of a hardcore follower, who goes everywhere you go.. intent on causing you as much grief as is possible? making your enjoyment miserable.. With 1 account, you going to have to just put up with it, that's not good.. :(

Some people may use a second account to train, practice with different weapons or even something as simple as not knowing they could edit their original soldier name.

As good as an idea it is, for anti-naughty purposes.. It's not really feasible to restrict accounts to 1 per person, mainly for technical reasons, not to mention people would just find workarounds.. it would probably be a waste of time trying to even accomplish it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    well as usual with anything in life.. there not only black and white about an idea.. its always the grey in between
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    derailed AND necro'd, uni-sol...

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    Imagine if DOBA change his name to PRINCESS which would be fitting, but just too weird. :)

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

Shh55 those DTAGS are pretty awesome B)

********Bam4D********

edited June 2015

Yeah that’s true. I've never been disappointed or against removal of off topic posts and I won't make a thread asking why my posts are removed, as I will know why. Guess I just didn’t want to go making an "oh, I came back, look at me" thread :lol:

My Oopsie and though likely grateful for your help, I'm sure the mods know what they are doing, I'm glad you bought the circumvention of rules to their attention, keep them on their toes :)

So who likes/liked aimpunch (a month ago)?

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015

Yeah that’s true. I've never been disappointed or against removal of off topic posts and I won't make a thread asking why my posts are removed, as I will know why. Guess I just didn’t want to go making an "oh, I came back, look at me" thread :lol:

My Oopsie and though likely grateful for your help, I'm sure the mods know what they are doing, I'm glad you bought the circumvention of rules to their attention, keep them on their toes :)

So who likes/liked aimpunch (a month ago)?
    that's exactly what you should have done instead of this... that's what the R&R subforum is for... which is where all this belongs...

edited June 2015
    I'm aware of forum processes and rules thanks.. and I agree with you.

How about.. In future maybe consider using the report function? you may save yourself from being part of any such derailment and prompting the person your replying to posting (again) to inform you of the report process, It's just making the thread go even further off tangent.. Gets to become an endless loop :lol:

As I said, I'm happy to see my off topic posts removed, I already confessed my sins :)

In the words of OZZY, Going in after the RAILS on the CRAZY TRAIN!! woot!

********Bam4D********

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Magnifico post.
  • #Mike#Mike Posts: 4Player
    edited July 2015
    In AA 2.8.x there was aim punch and slowing when you were shot, I liked that it made sense. It made me focus more on my surroundings and placement. It encouraged team work as flanking while your teammate draws there attention became far more important. It increased the importance of smokes, flashes and grenades. This isn't call of duty or battlefield it may be an fps but it doesn't have the same roots in overall core game play. It's not as fast paced or run as gun. It's about working with your team and moving with proper timing and precision which requires communication. I remember many hours of SF Pipeline back in the day, Breaching any part of that map wasn't easy because you couldn't just run and gun. You had to use smokes, flashes and nades properly to gain entrance then attempt to flank to help breach at other parts of the map or you would most likely lose the round. SF Pipeline wasn't the only map like that either most of the map were designed with that core game play in mind even bridge to some extent. Having good aim helps a lot but it isn't the only factor that would make you come out on top and win the round. Having the best aim alone isn't the most important thing in this game it's just one of many factors. Proper understanding and use of all of the elements of the game is what would win the round more often then not. I don't feel like the RNG god was deciding my fate in AA 2.8.x. I doubt I will feel that way either in AAPG once all those same elements make it in. If you don't like those elements this game may not be for you and if the devs don't add them all back in this game may not be for me only time will tell. For now I am pretty happy with the open beta so far and I am looking forward to more of the core elements I loved in AA 2.8.x to make it into AAPG.
    If you still think AAPG is not run and gun you are doing something wrong.
  • #Mike#Mike Posts: 4Player
    edited July 2015
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    If you still think AAPG is not run and gun you are doing something wrong.
    It's more run and gun compared to AA 2.8.x but it isn't at the level of call of duty and battlefield just yet and with the addition of aim punch and or hit stun whatever the community decides to refer to it as it shows the devs are taking steps to curb the run and gun. To be fair I do pretty well and I don't run and gun as much as most players on the servers I play on. I generally earn most of my points using my nades and smokes properly to get the revives and secures while still getting kills while maybe not the best kdr in the servers I am generaly the top three for overall points earned in each match and have a positive KDR and a pretty high XPM. I still really need to improve my aim in the game though but that's the point this game isn't just about aim or run and gun. I can take down the guy with better aim who is running and gunning because I use the other elements of the game to over come that difference. Ever notice after running your characters in game aim isn't anywhere near as good as if you were standing and leaning around a corner, prone or crouched behind some cover?
    Yes, you can camp in this game just like in battlefield or CoD, still doesn't change the fact it's run and gun.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    What game isn't run and gun? As long as both features are in game I will always run and gun for fun
    CS:GO unless you play P90 only on gold ranks.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Because it has no run feature.. so it's a walk and gun
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited July 2015
    .double :|