UT3 looks like outdated...

1st UT3 game was "gear of war" released during 2006
Last Gear of War with last UT3.9 Engine (1000 times better then AAPG) was released on 20 September 2011

What about AAPG?
And what about UT4 Engine?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eMF1Th5HK9A

Comments

• CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 26Player
    edited July 2015
    Ehh AAA-titles still release on UE3....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_3
    UE4 has higher system requirements. It is better on UE3 at the moment if you want to reach a wider audience. Especially if you want the game to be somewhat good in esports it's better to have lower system reqs imo. More people might play.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I'd call this a word I'm not allowed to say. This game is far from being optimised and I thus highly doubt UE4 would change too much about system requirements. The reason however they mentioned alot of times already is that you can't just transfer the game on a new engine.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    We had a big thread on this a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the Devs say it would take at least a full year to transfer the game to UE4. So, I don't foresee this happening any time soon.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =[101st]=Wolverine=[101st]=Wolverine Posts: 1,169Beta Tester
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    We had a big thread on this a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the Devs say it would take at least a full year to transfer the game to UE4. So, I don't foresee this happening any time soon.

I can deal with another year or [TOS Violation] 2 to switch to UE4. It's all freaking power! and not to mention gorgeous.

I love it. And I did tell the Dev's, if they were to switch, I do all the LD they want for free. :D

Little map/project i've been working on...and this is garbage compared to what you can do with the engine.
  • LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

I can deal with another year or [TOS Violation] 2 to switch to UE4. It's all freaking power! and not to mention gorgeous.

I love it. And I did tell the Dev's, if they were to switch, I do all the LD they want for free. :D

Little map/project i've been working on...and this is garbage compared to what you can do with the engine.

Unreal 3 support DX10 and 11 and yet the Dev use only Dx9, I have said it before the game would look and feel way better if they would use the latest Directx suported by the Engine.

Unless the Dev's are only using computers with Windows XP installed. :D
    You know US Army budgets cuts.
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited July 2015

Absolutely, I would also rather wait 1-2 more years too. Therewith more time would come along with to keep the important smoke grenade in this series, futhermore it could also simplify the linux development progress and even the UMM distributability and functionality could improved.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited July 2015
    DX9 should definitely be discarded at this point. It's ridiculous to not be using DX11.
    I think someone posted this recently:
    http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

% of players that don't have DX11 video cards on Steam is 22.39%. Percentage that don't have DX10 compatible cards is 2.26%. There's no reason to not at least be on DX10. IMO, DX11 still makes the most sense. If your system is that out of date, then oh well. I honestly doubt you'd even be able to run the game at that point. I used to have an ATI 5850 which is a DX11 card and it hardly ran the game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Hmm. Well, I don't mind waiting I guess...but my reflexes are bad enough now let alone in two years..... LOL

:)

Where's the pic of the skeleton in front of the computer...?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    "LAST ONLINE
    OCT 10, 2013"

A lot has changed since you last played two years ago. You should check out the upcoming opt-in.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.