This supported position!!!!

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Dug in does not mean supported. You can be dug in AND supported though...

IMO this feature is a good idea in theory that needs some substantial tweaking.

OOPS! You just heard my behind the scenes opinion.......:rolleyes:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    Bam4D wrote: »
    Does SSK mean Severely Scared Kids? it's a game sometimes you win, sometimes lose, but it always starts again & again. ;) no need to take out that which challenges you, work together to overcome those held tight positions.

Speaking of take out challenges, why people for example don't learn how to control the recoil instead of using supported positions? Oh wait...

Exactly games allowing them to be able to rely on supported fire and not have to deal with recoil that comes with non supported fire. Thus they never improve on their shooting.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    IMO the cover system is bad and unnecessary, but at the same time necessary since geometry and movement mechanics mean you can't naturally crouch behind something like a stubby wall or jersey barrier. Maybe a cover system without the whole nerfed suppression/flinch. There's no reason someone holding X or whatever key should have more focus behind a concrete wall than I should, just cause I don't hold X/don't have a chance for cover. Lol, in Inner H. you can hide behind hospital equipment (near gurney hallway) and get more cover without suppression than you can hiding behind some cement walls.
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    We should reduce the recoil for the supported position and increase the speed you can move around while supported. I think it's a little too nerf'd at the moment.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    If they kept it this long, i'm thinking it's going to stay for the long run. If that's the case....
    Maybe some sort of deployment delay upon supporting onto a surface.
    Lessening the speed at which one strafes to 1/4 of what it is now.
    Some supported locations conceal the head more than others, fix that.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited July 2015
    just remove the dumb strafe while supported.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015

I 'Support' this comment :lol:
    If they kept it this long, i'm thinking it's going to stay for the long run.

Not this one :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,169Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    RFI 5:
    You may now support on bushes by pressing Z.
    Hold Z to convert the bush to a ghillie suit. You are now a walking bush.
    Press Z again to go supported on your ghillie suit.

Heard it here first devs, it's what comp wants :D

I am starting to like you again, you can actually have a sense of humor and be funny at times.

You've changed for the better!

Bravo! :+1:
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player

To be clear, i'd wish they got rid of it. But it's gone untouched this long...
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited July 2015
    Supported Positions are fine. It's all in the placement. Head-bobbing was invented for Halloween so I don't see it disappearing anytime soon. No difference than doing the "bunny-hop" when getting shot at.
    ""
    googley avatar aapg

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player

To be clear, i'd wish they got rid of it. But it's gone untouched this long...

Yeah I know what you mean.. It's like the spotting function too, its been the same for soo long it's hard to imagine after all this time it's ever going to be changed for better or worse.

I suppose it's not possible to please everyone's individual ideas, even if one persons idea was the absolute best option and best way to do something, it would only put other players noses out of joint if changed.

Kinda is what it is, live with things and play or live without them and don't.. That's the way I look at it since AA3. I mean even with the games shortfalls and the things I don't like about it.. I can still enjoy the game regardless.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Tots, can you let us know if this is even on the table for discussion or are we just posting our thoughts for the heck of it?
    kickpipe.jpg
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited July 2015
    EDIT: Players may no longer remain sighted when ducking in and of anchored. We will likely reduce the anchored strafe speed as well.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -v3.Bart!-v3.Bart! Posts: 125Player
    at least slow it down by a lot, while otherwise it doesnt make sense to have perfect recoil.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    TheTots wrote: »
    We will likely reduce the anchored strafe speed as well.

just remember that you should try to set the anchored strafe speed number to "0".... that would definitely reduce the speed :)
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    EDIT: Players may no longer remain sighted when ducking in and of anchored. We will likely reduce the anchored strafe speed as well.

recoil*1.5;
    recoilWhileMoving*2.5;
    speed*0.2;
    speedWhileScope*0;
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • dumbfoundeddumbfounded Posts: 9Player
    why has no one re-mentioned the fact that when someone is supported, the character is looking nowhere near where the player is actually looking. This is as much of an issue for me as strafing is.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    That is something we fixed a while ago on the internal build.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Wow. It sounds kinda like a government project that takes a long time to change directions, but that you guys actually were listening all along! I bet you used the Open Beta to get things roughed in as a test bed and are now starting to put all the pieces together for final!

Crazy!

:p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited July 2015
    Necabo it's not worth the argument.. Murican's love their guns as much as their children.. they will defend that law to their death... theyre also blinded by the law and love of guns

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw