When is the game releasing? or When we will have an update?

Comments

• BlackHawk2290BlackHawk2290 Posts: 3Player
    You have til monday to release the game. Otherwise I will roundhouse all of you.
  • Why do you guys care when the full release happens? This game's problem is the lack of marketing and advertisement to bring in new players. Does the release matter if the player base continues to skrink? I still see ads for aa3 on steam but never aapg. Why is that?
    kickpipe.jpg
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Marketing would help the game grow. It isn't going to grow by word of mouth because quite simply it isn't fun. People get a small thrill that lasts a relatively short while and then the burn out sets in. With that said, this game doesn't have the environment to entice the average gamer. The release cycles aren't frequent enough for content hungry gamers. It generally takes a month or more to patch a bug that was reported on day 2 of a release. There is a constant battle over netwhatever issues with people blaming anything and everything which could quite simply be resolved by adding a ping limit parameter to servers. The foundation of the game is developed in BDX and FLO which ultimately separates gamers in limiting their options as to which maps they enjoy the most and which game modes are supported on those maps. TLTL (Too long to list)....
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Marketing would help the game grow. It isn't going to grow by word of mouth because quite simply it isn't fun. People get a small thrill that lasts a relatively short while and then the burn out sets in. With that said, this game doesn't have the environment to entice the average gamer. The release cycles aren't frequent enough for content hungry gamers. It generally takes a month or more to patch a bug that was reported on day 2 of a release. There is a constant battle over netwhatever issues with people blaming anything and everything which could quite simply be resolved by adding a ping limit parameter to servers. The foundation of the game is developed in BDX and FLO which ultimately separates gamers in limiting their options as to which maps they enjoy the most and which game modes are supported on those maps. TLTL (Too long to list)....

Well, we all know you don't like the game but you sure do love these forums! :p
    googley avatar aapg

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,575Player
    edited July 2015

Well.. I think it's fun. I've played it almost every day in two years.
    -
    Edit: why are people that don't like it even here....?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited July 2015
    The games history is why people like me still exist. I still read the forums and like what people have to say and the disputes raised. I like to know what's going on, providing feedback, and I await a day when things are worth checking out once again. I'll be monitoring these forums for as long as I can stand it.

I'm not saying there aren't people who don't/won't like it. I'm saying that it doesn't have a base to draw a large crowd. My presumption is that this community will be about as large as AA3 at best. That's the gamble I'm making.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    Calling @TheTots to release the progress update that was "coming soon" [a few weeks ago].
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
    edited July 2015
    Well, here is an update for the OP... .!.dgodfather gets the last word. ;)

googley avatar aapg

• ^UG^_Neck535^UG^_Neck535 Posts: 2Player
    The games history is why people like me still exist. I still read the forums and like what people have to say and the disputes raised. I like to know what's going on, providing feedback, and I await a day when things are worth checking out once again. I'll be monitoring these forums for as long as I can stand it.

I'm not saying there aren't people who don't/won't like it. I'm saying that it doesn't have a base to draw a large crowd. My presumption is that this community will be about as large as AA3 at best. That's the gamble I'm making.

I check in about every 2-3 days, and I share the identical sentiment with dgodfather. I have a few clanmates who still play, mostly just for nostalgia and community - we have all played AA for 10+ years with many of you, so we know each other and enjoy that community aspect of the game. The majority of my clanmates, and myself, have left the game, but do pay attention to the development and buzz to see if something has changed.

I am a long time lurker, and don't post much, but wanted to represent what I see.... a lot of fans that are gone from AAPG, but could/would come back.

As for marketing: AA2 was so successful, listed as one of the largest FPS in the world of its day, because the Army handed the game to every recruit. I don't recall the stats, but Wikipedia references "According to the director of the program, Colonel Casey Wardynski, 20 percent of those matriculating at West Point in 2005 had played America's Army, along with 20 to 40 percent of enlisted soldiers recruited that year." Why is that not happening now?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited July 2015
    As for marketing: AA2 was so successful, listed as one of the largest FPS in the world of its day, because the Army handed the game to every recruit. I don't recall the stats, but Wikipedia references "According to the director of the program, Colonel Casey Wardynski, 20 percent of those matriculating at West Point in 2005 had played America's Army, along with 20 to 40 percent of enlisted soldiers recruited that year." Why is that not happening now?

They are instead playing COD, Bf, CS or any of the other multitude of FPS's out there and since the age of 'download everything to your 500TB HDD' from digital sources came along theres no need to hand over disks anymore :lol:

The 'future' happened to AA.

People are undoubtedly stuck in that past, now left searching for that happy place they once knew. It's quite sad and I feel for all those whom this 'new day' affects :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited July 2015
    I hear the Army will cut 40,000 troops. So maybe they will get in game with us??

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/07/army-plans-to-cut-40000-troops/29826423/

Maybe the cuts will get even worse (and go after other departments) shhh.gif
    googley avatar aapg

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    nothing to do with former troops...
  • -=SoCal65=--=SoCal65=- Posts: 28Player
    Maybe once it becomes actually "official" rather than a "beta" (even though it's been in this stage for years) there will be a big push for marketing, magazine reviews, give-aways and the like. Since it is still beta (open or not), you don't want to draw in huge numbers, just to have the game change in appearance and game-play once it is released.
    Joined Original Game: July 4, 2002  |  Joined Original Forum: Aug 05, 2002
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    See: latest podcast.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    End of July and nothing new....hmmm...
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    The magic word you are looking for is "podcast".
  • Mulgarus.Carbon8Mulgarus.Carbon8 Posts: 65Player
    it was supposed to spring, now its getting close to the end of summer, eehhh.. I'm not worried about any new AA game for the next 6+ months, and by then this community will be even smaller as it is now or even dead..
    Add ME to Steam.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You guys all think the devs are just lazy and not passionate about their game? Or is it just general lack of knowledge about programming?
  • Mulgarus.Carbon8Mulgarus.Carbon8 Posts: 65Player
    America's Army: Proving Grounds Beta - Release Date: Aug 29, 2013
    It's been in BETA for almost 2 years, and before it's going to be official released out of beta, they are working on releasing AA5 with a official release "season" of spring of 2016?
    Add ME to Steam.
    I've been hoping that the Proving Grounds in AAPG is a hidden meaning that the Devs are using this game as training on developing something in UE. Otherwise, yes they are not passionate about AAPG. I don't believe they are lazy, but this game is not something to be passionate about.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!