Medic system

Hi all!

I just wanted to ask whats up with the medic system, just because about 4-5 months before there was some work on the medic. For example : Medic training and medic role in the team etc like these.. any improvements there ? or plans for the final version ?

Hc|Captain(HUN) -

Comments

• Don't make us go through medic training tests; the answers will just be posted online like they were before.
    kickpipe.jpg
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    Still there's nothing wrong with knowing some basic medic things f.e. what to do with burn victims and that..
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Pretty sure I remember listening to a Podcast where the devs said that any sort of Medic role was on hold until at least after release. Trouble is I aint got a spare few hours to trawl through past recordings :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited July 2015
    This is why reference threads are great :) These were a pretty long time ago (1 year to the day!), accuracy not guaranteed.

Operation Podcast Episode 3
    July 18, 2014
    Round table discussion between TheTots, Grubber and Doc
    Topics: medic system

Operation Podcast Episode 4 (continues from Ep. 3)
    July 18, 2014
    Round table discussion between TheTots, Grubber and Doc
    Topics: medic system
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    I would be completely against the type of medic system that was in place in AA 2.5. The training was 3-4 hours long.
    I mean, I've given up on this game ever being released and I probably won't play it ever again, but if I still had hope then training like this would make me stop playing.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Don't be so eager to be a medic. It means more classroom time and studying to do. It is Summer time here in the US and we need a break from school.
    googley avatar aapg

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    It'd give it more of a feel that made this game so successful so many years ago. Still say you should have to qual before you can use weapons too. Good times.....

• It would be cool if the medic system would like the medic system of AA3 - but i think its not a must and now they cant do a new medic system . It means more work and more tests and feedbacks and they have no time - just too late!
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    edited July 2015
    -=-iso-=- wrote: »
    It means more work and more tests and feedbacks and they have no time - just too late!

AA1 didn't have much until later on too...
    This edition of America's Army introduces medical personnel to the game. Individual's wishing to participate in this feature will first have to pass four separate training courses. These courses are as follows: - Airway Management In this class, players will learn how to administer medical attention to casualties that are not breathing. - Controlling Bleeding This course teaches how to treat wounded soldiers and control blood loss. - Treating Shock This class instructs individuals on how to treat casualties who are in shock. - Field Test The final course will be a field test in which players must put their new skills to work under the same conditions that they will experience in the game.

Combat Medic: Players who successfully complete medical training will be able to assume the role of a Combat Medic in the game. As a Combat Medic, players will be able to earn extra points and contribute to their team's success by administering medical aid to injured team members.

New Damage Model: With the introduction of the Combat Medic, a new damage model is being introduced to the game. Under the new method, every bullet carries with it a maximum potential damage. When injured, only a portion of that damage is initially inflicted upon the wounded player. The remaining damage is suffered over time through blood loss, as well as the loss of combat effectiveness. Medical personnel who treat injured players will be able to stop the bleeding and save the casualty from further loss of health, as well as partially restore combat effectiveness.

so.. crossing fingers :D
    Oh well.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    There was also no games with medics around at the time if I remember correctly. So it's not like AAv1.0 should of had this. It's a little bit different for this game. It's something that was planned from the beginning so it's something that should be improved upon by full release. I think they have done just that with putting a time limit on when one can be revived. I would like to see other restrictions however like max bandages. Say 5 for example each time you heal someone or revive someone it takes away a bandaid. I am sure they will improve upon medic system like they've mentioned in the past even more in the future.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• med!hustLe-med!hustLe- Posts: 26Player
    I love the fact that a time limit on revives is happening.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Its good how it is now don't change it we don't want it like in AA3 it was silly.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    I love the fact that you love facts.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    How was the system in AA3 silly? I don't even..
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

I like it. AA3 medic have even saved life in real, Ive heard.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    Would like to have back this medic system. (And sound too)
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Its good how it is now don't change it we don't want it like in AA3 it was silly.

I don't think it was. The medic system was probably my favorite part in the game. I did like it, because you could screw it up and this gave it a bit more pressure and 'responsibility'. Memorizing the 4 combinations was easy - think about it: how many nades/smokes/wallbang spots do you know for each map in AAPG?
    It was not hard to learn, but better/more experienced players could do it a tiny bit faster. The applied treatment was depending on the damage type (nade, shot, fall dmg, etc) so you could tell 80% of the time what you'll have to use even without checking the body.
    The training was a bit long with those movies, I'd be okay with making it shorter.
    Dead people staying on the map is also something I'd like to see come back, but I understand it is difficult to implement in AAPG.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    AA2, the medic class in AA2 was actually close to realistic, AA3, not so much.
    http://www.wired.com/2008/01/americas-army-t/
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited July 2015
    frankof wrote: »
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    AA2, the medic class in AA2 was actually close to realistic, AA3, not so much.

Also its the AA2 Medic training that was rumored to have saved a life. Not the AA3 medic.

http://www.army.mil/article/7065/Army_Game__039_s_Medic_Training_Helps_Save_Two_Lives/

So yeah America's Army 3 was not even out yet.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.