ESL North America Opening Cup - Signups are Open

Comments

• SomebodiedSomebodied Posts: 4Player
    But daddy said i could do it in a pub :open_mouth:
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Ok . In.. that's 4 teams now..yay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Mulgarus.Carbon8Mulgarus.Carbon8 Posts: 65Player
    yea well, i guess its easier to sit on ur a$$ and bit$#, than do nothing..

If we don't get more teams, ohh well, I tried, and say goodbye to ESL for NA..
    Add ME to Steam.
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    edited July 2015
    Don't worry. It's not like you knew that they would release a pre-alpha during the beta that would turn a lot of players (the few that we had) off from the game. Besides, many players were still not convinced about certain players legitimicy even with wire "running."
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    yea well, i guess its easier to sit on ur a$$ and bit$#, than do nothing..

If we don't get more teams, ohh well, I tried, and say goodbye to ESL for NA..

Not sure why it can't be delayed some more as there's news of release coming soon. It's quite literally the worst time. Instead of putting it out there and saying "ohh well i tried", see if it can be delayed some more with the excuse, "We have big news regarding the game released in the very near future".
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • med!hustLe-med!hustLe- Posts: 26Player
    I appreciate the effort Mulg.. but, it is the middle of summer & the game is on the brink (or so were told) of full release. My fear is that if we try to piece together an ESL season early without the participation of many notable teams then it could & probably would have a huge negative effect on competitive scene within this community.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Must postpone till full version is released and teams decide what they want to do whether that is find a different game, stop playing aapg, or continue playing aapg but not competitively or continue playing aapg competitively. Right now you don't really have a team that can say yes we will be here playing AAPG competitively after full release and its very hard for a team to get 4 players to commit to playing when you know 100% full release is going interupt this cup/league/what ever it is.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    Doesn't make sense now. Let the game release so we can use demo rec. Too many sketchys playing comp to really play seriously without demos.

2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
    I'm sick of reading about the "Final Release" coming soon, considering the devs or whoever said we would have it in the spring and its already in the middle of the summer.. IF they would give me a date, which they wont, I would delay, or reschedule a cup. We going to have that new AA in a week? A month? couple months? another year? you don't know, I don't know..
    Add ME to Steam.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited July 2015
    I'm sick of reading about the "Final Release" coming soon, considering the devs or whoever said we would have it in the spring and its already in the middle of the summer.. IF they would give me a date, which they wont, I would delay, or reschedule a cup. We going to have that new AA in a week? A month? couple months? another year? you don't know, I don't know..

You getting paid to put on a competition or something? We just finished the ESL test cup... relax.
    -
    Wire has also proven to be useless compounded by the fact that there are people rostered up who have been seen blatantly using third party software.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player

You getting paid to put on a competition or something? We just finished the ESL test cup... relax.
    -
    Wire has also proven to be useless compounded by the fact that there are people rostered up who have been seen blatantly using third party software.

PM me with more details please, I can check it with EU admin group.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • @gentDeath@gentDeath Posts: 15Player
    Are sign ups still open? Tried to yesterday but couldn't get a hold of a teammate for Team code.
    sign-ups are closed. matches have been made.

and no1 is making you play either eKComm
    Add ME to Steam.
  • c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
    Our team would have loved to play, we signed up Saturday morning, and even though there were no set dates of when registration was closing, or they werent posted atleast, we were denied... so maybe, as a professional website, they can post something about that next time.

So hopefully we will see you guys in future competitons,
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Not missing anything waffels dw about it

yea, besides supporting 1 of the 2 competition sites still around for this game..

Add ME to Steam.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    But meanwhile we've got people on other AA "fan" sites sharing tips on making new accounts or breaking the game engine.

I've seen horrible behavior out of players from most of the top NA teams. I have a hard time thinking of a single top NA team I could really cheer for right now.

Frankly, too many teams have acted poorly (or come to the defense of those who have) and the comp scene's getting to reap the seeds its sowed. I'm sorry it's going to fall on you and anyone else that's acted in good faith, but that's how it goes.
  • c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
    edited July 2015
    yea, besides supporting 1 of the 2 competition sites still around for this game..

That was a main reason we wanted to play, but as you said in a message on the ESL site, "We are not going to delay the cup for a late odd man out team. Meaning, we have 8 teams, adding another team would force a team to play more teams than the rest. "

Even though it would have not delayed anything, that was your choice to not let us play, there for pitching an argument on "supporting 1 of the 2 competition sites still around for this game.." stands weak ground

giphy.gif

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Now if you have something like this for the perma opt-in I'd be down.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Is this where we all say I told ya so?