I'm rather Disappointed

sorry to say to the least im rather disappointed with this new AA , i mean its cool i suppose to point but in theory this is just like what happen, it goes from doing all the training that army does to lets just let them play which i am all for but the training was the key to learn about the newest weapons and other things so you knew how to use them effectively , honestly this is a great game but i really don't feel like this game is what the army is about, i rather go back to aa2 or 3 for the sake of it all just because its more fun, grant the new hospital is very lustful and brought back some feeling but it all failed because its just not hospital you know the one guy with one gun with 30 bullets to his name style that what the V.I.P a very important person that needed to survive and kill or be killed because he prob had some useful Intel for the army he may have gotten injured and little be hold the bad comes after him at all angles, the new hospital is really huge for such a close quarters battle with so many changes to it. i know it may seem im complaining but i feel this games has lost its roots and im not really a big fan of it, i give it to the new Dev team that took over 3 and are trying new things and that's great i really give my hat off to those gents that work hard for all of us to enjoy something, and you cant give them crap for it because they have done such a wonderful job , but it just isn't for me, ive lost a lot of interest in this game because its not really auth to me, maybe it will turn around i will keep an eye out but not as close as i have, i hope to see some type of improvement to get this game back to its roots, which is what made AA Americas Army in the first place. Ciao

Comments

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I disagree. With every new version the game gets better. We just want something "perfect" and perfection is hard to come by. For all it's faults, (which is only a few), AAPG is the best MMO FPS game out there.
    googley avatar aapg

• Mulgarus.Carbon8Mulgarus.Carbon8 Posts: 65Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    AAPG is the best MMO FPS game out there.
    13745_700x.jpg
    Add ME to Steam.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    All else aside, I wouldn't call this an MMO. There's no persistence or progression system and 24 players doesn't really count as massive. Heck, I wouldn't call BF4 an MMO FPS.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    BF4 would be an MMO if every single system it was available on played together :lol:
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    planetside/2 says hello.

• Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    I'm not, play every day.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Give credit where it is due. They are trying to do something with this game. They are putting a lot of work into it. I just have no clue what they are making. In trying to encapsulate the army and present that as a game, they've absolutely failed.

To quote an old review "Let's make a game that is sort of like call of duty and put America's Army on it". Yeah!!.... no :/

Thanks for the comment IO_i_OI. I now have a funny quote for my signature.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Give credit where it is due. They are trying to do something with this game. They are putting a lot of work into it. I just have no clue what they are making. In trying to encapsulate the army and present that as a game, they've absolutely failed.

To quote an old review "Let's make a game that is sort of like call of duty and put America's Army on it". Yeah!!.... no :/

Cool. ;)

And by MMO, I mean multimedia online. Isn't every game played online using that abbreviation?? I heard AOL called an MMO once. :p
    googley avatar aapg

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester
    In video game parlance MMO means; Massively Multiplayer Online game.
    But, I always think of Means, Motive, & Opportunity when ever I see, (or hear) those letters. :o What's on my mind, eh????
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • [SAAC]Xtc[SAAC]Xtc Posts: 31Player
    BF4 would be an MMO if every single system it was available on played together :lol:

And all of the console players would once and for all be silenced about what platform is the best to play at :wink:
  • (NOLB)Kratos(NOLB)Kratos Posts: 4Player

well i must say it has been a log time dgod....

and yes i agree about the last part about making aa call of duty bound, it just still does not feel like AA with me, but its not like i am at a total loss just yet they are still developing the game and more things can be added , we shall see what they come up with
    I still follow the forums and topics and pop in a game now and then and share my harsh criticism. I'm hoping one day for something good, but as I mentioned elsewhere, the mentality of where this game is going doesn't leave room for any promise. Good luck my friend!
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player

Cool. ;)

And by MMO, I mean multimedia online. Isn't every game played online using that abbreviation?? I heard AOL called an MMO once. :p

MMOFPS is an online gaming genre which features a persistent world[verification needed] and a large number of simultaneous players in a first-person shooter fashion.[9][10] These games provide large-scale, sometimes team-based combat. The addition of persistence in the game world means that these games add elements typically found in RPGs, such as experience points.[citation needed] However, MMOFPS games emphasize player skill more than player statistics, as no number of in-game bonuses will compensate for a player's inability to aim and think tactically

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massively_multiplayer_online_first-person_shooter_games

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Cool. ;)

MMOFPS is an online gaming genre which features a persistent world[verification needed] and a large number of simultaneous players in a first-person shooter fashion.[9][10] These games provide large-scale, sometimes team-based combat. The addition of persistence in the game world means that these games add elements typically found in RPGs, such as experience points.[citation needed] However, MMOFPS games emphasize player skill more than player statistics, as no number of in-game bonuses will compensate for a player's inability to aim and think tactically

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massively_multiplayer_online_first-person_shooter_games

So what is a "large number". Heck, I got 3 kids. 3 is a large number. Curious to know what they consider "Massive". I can't find a number that represents it. :p
    googley avatar aapg

• (NOLB)Kratos(NOLB)Kratos Posts: 4Player
    hmm, OK let's correct this so every one understands, Americas Army is Both a First Person Shooter (FPS)

and an Multi Massive Online ( MMO )

it does not have to apply it being like World of Warcraft ( wow ) or Battlefied (BF) / Call of Duty (CD)

any game that offers Internet playing fields to me is Consider a MMO becuase your playing with a Vase amount of people , what i don't consider MMO's is like only 2 to 6 people , it should not matter is if its 6v6 meaning 12 people total, to a level of 12 v 12 Meaning 24 people.. i do not believe there has to be a level of amount of people to be consider an mmo, the fact that there is more then 1 server should clarify this meaning a lot of 6v6 and 12 v 12 are always going around in the land of AA , which would make it a Multi Massive Online First Person Shooter
    Key word is massive. There is nothing massive about the AA community.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    Missed a great fat joke opportunity there godfather
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    Key word is massive. There is nothing massive about the AA community.

Except for the American players.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......